Metal Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Feb 16, 2006.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Please recommend an album, and specific tracks. I have listened to everything available and it all sounds like The Arrival to me.

2. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

From the album A taste of extreme divinity I would check out Weed out the weak and Taste the extreme divinity. From the album End of disclosure I would go with 44 Double zero and Taste of thy spineless.

If those don't do it then yeah don't bother with new hypocrisy.

3. abyzmul

I hadn't listened either of those albums yet, but upon first listen, that's the Hypocrisy I know and love. Guess I gave up on them too soon.

4. silent scream

Not really relavent but I met peter tagtgren at one of those march metal meltdown thingies. Fucking really cool guy.

5. abyzmul

He is, I met him in DC back in '02 or '03, during that terrible tour with Dimmu, Nevermore and Bodom. After the Hypocrisy set was over, he and a couple of roadies were at the bar and a friend and I went over to talk. We pretty much spent the whole time making fun of Warrell Dane's fuzzy boots.

Good times.

6. abyzmul

Two listens into Taste of Extreme Divinity and one into End of Disclosure, and my only real complaint is that they have wholesale changed into a melodic DM band over the years.

I've kind of grown away from melodic, so that's a bit of a turn-off for me, but they do it in far more creative ways in these two albums than in many of the other recent albums I've listened to.

I wish they didn't subdue the lyrics so much. I have to tweak the hell out of my PowerAmp equalizer just so they don't sound like an afterthought.

7. silent scream

Fucking new Behemoth got pushed back into 2014. :mad:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=193436

Also sorry to hear that Inferno had to have appendix surgery but at least I didn't have to suffer thru the Rockstar Energy Festival to go see them either.

I'm also encouraged by Nergal's comment that this beats the shit out of Evangelion. Other than the 1st track Daimonos that album kind of bored me. The Apostasy is still one of my favorite death metal albums though. I hope they bring back that level of energy.

I guess I'm just posting all this because it's nice to have something relevant to say about Behemoth. Fucking leukemia.

Also - getting back to Inferno. I'm legitimately surprised that they could find someone to replace him while he recovers. I wonder if this new guy even attempts to play Slaying the Prophets of Isa live. Inferno goes fucking nuts in that song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1bzletHfCQ. Seriously just try and follow the drums.

8. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Going to Sleep in a few months, pretty stoked for that. Kvelertak in a couple of weeks for a laugh. Saw Boris for the second time a couple of months ago. Been a good few months for drone/doom stuff. Thinking about picking up a ticket to Nile as well, haven't listened to them for a few years but I'm sure it'd be heavy as fuck.

Behemoth and Enslaved are playing within a couple of days of each other as well, but I doubt I'll go see either being honest.

Also, I have a friend who's in a band that seems to be doing ok lately, touring with Marduk soon. Advent Sorrow, anyone checked them out before?

9. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Morbid Angel - Nov 12th - Irving Plaza - "Covenant" set (20th Anniversary). Should be a hoot.

10. silent scream

I think I literally just became the last person on earth to find out that Carcass has a new album coming out next month.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I fucking love Dutch powerprog:

[YOUTUBE]LVDKjeI4__M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ORAc_hx33-Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]njPWBTIv9qw[/YOUTUBE]

12. abyzmul

13. silent scream

14. abyzmul

Yeah, the Gothenburg worship really fucked Melodic raw over the years. It might ruin my year if they came out with the easy listening version of SoTS. Although I think it was more of those half-assed shitbag groups mimicking In Flames than anything.

#1054 abyzmul, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

This thread is 8 years old. Jesus. Crazy seeing things you posted from that long ago.

16. Good to see this thread still kicking around.

New Carcass is high quality DM. Alot of good riffs mixed w. classic Carcass blast beats. That said the songs are alittle too long for my liking & the production is way too clean. I like my DM to have alittle bit of mud in the mix..which is why I haven't really gone crazy for new DM in a long time. Early Severe Torture & Vile were the last albums that really blew me away.That's going back about 10 years now. Give me the classic stuff any day. Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Incantation, Broken Hope,Suffocation & Gorguts!

I actually prefer 80's arena/Glam more than anything else these days. I love the "big" sound from that era..and despite its perception It's the most arrogant of all the metal subgenres. There is nothing more rebellious than arrogance. I think I blew my musical IQ years back w/ all the progressive, fast & brutal stuff I enjoyed .Now I just prefer groove,good riffs & simplicity.It's all good though.

17. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

My friends band Goemagot. He plays bass and sings.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I've had the same Pantera Cd in my truck for like 3 months now. Hah.

19. silent scream

Heard a kickass song on the radio on my way home from the train station and thought to myself: "this sounds like At The Gates with a good vocalist". Once I heard the lyrics "at war with reality" and realized it was At The Gates my hopes really jumped for this album.

My main gripes with them always began and ended with Lindberg's shitty vocals. What I heard earlier was much improved.

20. 1028

1028 Active Member

Just realizing this now, but it's crazy how young some of these bands were when they first formed. How can they have that much talent at so young an age?