Metal Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Heavy Metal Thunder

Here you go...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMNj0zB6U0g&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7Nkb9ahZo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Hatebreed makes me a sad panda.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Iron maidens "Flight 666" premiers on VH1 Classic next sat (June 6th) at 9pm. It is out on Dvd/Bluray the following Tuesday. Looks pretty cool

4. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Thanks for that, I'm definitely going to try to check it out.

5. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Flight 666 is awesome.

Saw Morbid Angel tonight, fucking fantastic. They were all in great form and the new guitarist (was in Zyklon?) is a machine.

Set list as much as I remember of it was immortal rights, maze of torment, chapel of ghouls, fall from grace, blood on my hands, pain divine, world of shit, sworn to the black, dominate, god of emptiness, unholy blasphemies. Plus a new song. Gig went for a bit over 90 minutes.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Lucky fucker.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hahahaha this is so fucking funny. Not just because that faggy Twilight kid is playing Varg, but also because of the flamewar between the teeny poppers and the angry BM Varg worshippers going on underneath the article.

“Twilight” Star Jackson Rathbone Signs On For Black Metal Flick
    http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...kson-rathbone-signs-on-for-black-metal-flick/

Twilight actor Jackson Rathbone is set to appear in the upcoming film Lords of Chaos, portraying Varg Vikernes, former frontman for Norwegian black metal outfit Burzum.

In Twilight, Rathbone plays Jasper Hale, a vampire with little to no self-control, so his next role should be something of a breeze. Vikernes remains behind bars in a Norwegian prison for the 1993 murder of Mayhem guitarist Oystein Aarseth (a.k.a. Euronymous) as well as the torching of three churches. According to Blabbermouth.net, the film, based on the Michael Moynihan and Didrik Soderlind’s book of the same name, will be directed by Sion Sono and center around the black metal subculture of the early 1990s, which sparked a wave of grisly murders and church fires across Norway.

The flick starts production in Norway this September following three years of delays prompted by a lack of funding. Chances are the film will not be getting two thumbs up from Vikernes who, in 2004, took to the Burzum Web site to chide the book’s authors.

Calling the book “a pool of mud,” Vikernes claimed, “the vast majority of all the statements made in this book are either misinterpretations; taken out of context; misunderstandings; malicious lies made by enemies; a result of ignorance; extreme exaggerations; and/or third-hand information at best. This includes the statements attributed to me.

“This book serves only one single purpose and that is to create a myth around my name and to mystify me,” he said. “If that was their objective, they have indeed succeeded with their work. The authors have managed to fill the heads of a generation of metal fans with lies. What could have been a righteous revolt has been made into some pathetic, embarrassing, brain-dead, impotent and traditional poser-culture.”

8. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

“This book serves only one single purpose and that is to create a myth around my name and to mystify me,” he said. “If that was their objective, they have indeed succeeded with their work. The authors have managed to fill the heads of a generation of metal fans with lies. What could have been a righteous revolt has been made into some pathetic, embarrassing, brain-dead, impotent and traditional poser-culture.”

That about sums it up. Can't wait until we have all these little Hot Topic faggots walking around in black metal shirts.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Black Metal will become the new pop punk. I thought it was bad when CoF and Dimmu started selling out. But this... this could be pretty damn entertaining.

10. Saw Ratt/extreme 2 weeks ago in New Hampshire. Pretty good show highlighted by a dual solo w/ Nudo and Dimartini..and the fact that ratt played "out of the cellar" beginning to end.

I saw Dokken play acouple nights ago and it was sad.The music,set-list and energy was great. But Don Dokken is COMPLETELY washed up. He was an incredible singer during his reign, but now he couldnt even front a group of panhandling homeless men. He had no melody, no range and basically just mumbled into the microphone. Anybody that bashes Lane,Pearcy, or Neil as being lousy live singers need to see Dokken before they make ANY further inferences. It was actually quite depressing.

11. silent scream

Anybody check out the new Behemoth yet? Pretty much more of the same from them - which is a good thing, but it's nothing really ground breaking either.

New Insomnium and Hypocrisy coming out soon too should be good.

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I saw Dokken over 10 years ago at CPI in Hampton bays NY when it was still there. Don was drinking and smoking on stage then. I can't imagine how bad it was now.

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I didn't realize the new Behemoth was out yet. I'll probably pick it up this week. I've heard most of the tracks already and liked it so far.

14. Phyr

Phyr Member

My girlfriend is getting me Dethklok and Mastodon tickets for October at Hammerstein. Going to be awesome.

15. lollie

lollie New Member

Oh boy... that dykey twilight girl playing Joan Jett and that faggy twilight boy playing Varg... these kids are hellbent on destroying us all.

16. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The new Diablo Swing Orchestra album is fun and has a handful of brilliant moments.

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The new Nile album is surprisingly decent. With songs like "Hittite Dung Incantation," how can you go wrong?

18. silent scream

I'm looking forward to it. Ithyphallic didn't really do it for me but AoTW and ITDS are two of my favorite albums.

On an unrelated note Insomnium's new album proves once again why they are the only melodic death worth listening to.

19. Most of melodic death is just recycled crap. It was great in the late 90's..but w/ the metalcore rip offs...and In flames making 5 albums too many...aside from innovative bands like Insomnium, It is a dying scene.

I always dug night in gales however

20. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Megadeth/Slayer on Tuesday for me. Pretty pumped, I've been waiting to see Megadeth for a long time. Slayer.. eh I've seen them before but they should still be fun if Araya's vocals are holding up.