Metal Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Feb 16, 2006.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

dISEMBOWELMENT (Transcendence into the Peripheral), Katatonia (Sounds of Decay or Discouraged Ones, they are both good but Katatonia is not really my cup of mud), Sunn O))), OLD Anathema (Serenades, also check out their cover of Pink Floyd's Hope), and Paradise Lost (Gothic) are excellent bands. My Dying Bride are a little too melodramatic for my taste, there are some doom bands that can get a little fruity.

Other good bands are:
    Electric Wizard - Dopethrone (my favorite Doom band)
    Forlorn - Forlorn
    Cathedral - Forest of Equilibrium
    Grey Skies Fallen - The Fate of Angels
    Deinonychus - Ark of Thought or the S/T album
    In The Woods... - Three Times Seven on a Pilgrimage
    Long Winters Stare - The Tears of Odins Fallen
    Negative Reaction
    Penance
    Sleep
    Sloth
    Thergothon

#181 abyzmul, Dec 6, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  2. lightning

lightning Active Member

Me neither. :lol:

My opinion on Zakk is, very good musician, i love his sound and he was perfect for ozzy's move towards some stuff that was a little more 80's and very early 90's hair metal (sad but that's what it began to sound like, i still bought it). But it just wasn't the same as Rhoads. :)

3. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Now I am not an Ozzy fantic, but Jak E Lee or do you spell it Jake E Lee?
    He was the hair metal glam era for the Ozzman, saw them at the Spectrum with Motley, Zakk is far from a can of hairspray, but Randy was the man, just a listen to Over the Mountain or Flying High Again makes me a believer:)

4. ESCRONDON

ESCRONDON Member

Randy Rhodes was a GREAT player, if had a chance to see him and didnt go I would KICK myself to.

Bad luck man, to late now.:wink:

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#185 BadgerOnLSD, Dec 8, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  6. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

You see those leather chaps Kerry King has on - I almost stole those. I was working at the PNC bank Arts Center one summer from college and I was backstage after the first night of a two day Ozzfest and I had to go into Slayer's dressing room for whatever reason. All their shit was hanging all over the place and King's awesome chaps were on a hanger right there just daring me to steal them.

In the end I pussied out and just ate all the Reses Peanutbutter Cups from their snack tray. I should have done it though, I suck.

7. lightning

lightning Active Member

Zakk himself maybe. But when "No More Tears" came out it was sort of a curveball for me. I began to love the album but it took a while and alot of listening.

8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Coram,Long Islands own Suffocation to co-host Headbangers Ball next saturday.

9. 1028

1028 Active Member

^ I saw that only a few days ago. Black metal interviews are always great. Gaahl from Gorgoroth has been known to say some pretty whacky stuff as well

Ahhh, Sleep. Someone recommended them to be over Thanksgiving, but the name completely slipped my mind. I will definitely check these guys out, as well as the rest of em (Deinonychus is also a band that has always intriuged me, but for some reason, Ive never looked em up)

10. Ill hafta watch...for the first time in months..

11. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

12. bpjets

bpjets New Member

Metal fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A new band from central FL. ARMONIA...check out there site Armoniametal.com

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I love having the house to myself during the day all week, I get to blast music as loud as I want on the surround sound.

14. 1028

1028 Active Member

Hmm, anyone ever hear of a Swedish (non-melodic) death metal band called God Among Insects? I havent checked them out myself yet, but theyre rather new to the scene and what really intruiged me was when I found out that they tune down 11 half steps. They have the drummer from Vomitory and Dark Funeral's legendary vocalist Emperor Magus Caligula, so the lineup seems pretty solid. Their first album got some pretty good reviews too, "World Wide Death". Ill try to look em up once my computer stops being such a skank

15. 1028

1028 Active Member

16. typeOnegative13NY

17. 1028

1028 Active Member

Hahaha, yeah he did. I think it was cause someone spit on him from the crowd

18. typeOnegative13NY

Suprising seeing Harris get that mad too. They are usually the mild tempered metal band. I saw them with Blaze in 98. definetly not the same.

19. 1028

1028 Active Member

You saw Maiden on their recent tour, didnt you? Was Maiden touring with Harris's daughter's band? I think they played in the UK last week and her band opened up for them. Lauren Harris, I think her name is

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shes pretty cute, but I heard her band sucks hard... REAL hard :lol: