Mel Kiper's first mock is out...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BroadwayAaron, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Hamilton and London at 4 and 10 would be a dumpster fire… God I hope he’s wrong…

At 4 I’d trade back if I can and if not I’d grab Stingley or Karlaftis. At 10 it’s got be Garrett Wilson

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Hamilton and London at 4 and 10 would be a dumpster fire… God I hope he’s wrong…

At 4 I’d trade back if I can and if not I’d grab Stingley or Karlaftis. At 10 it’s got be Garrett Wilson

3. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Thanks for bringing up that twitter post @Jonathan_Vilma. Someone give me a FO job, damnit!

With the lack of QBs in this draft, - coupled with players like Kyle Hamilton dropping because of position (safety historically picked much later) & people souring on Stingley a little bit, --- Ekwonu could very well be the pick at #4. And that's w/the possibility that Evan Neal still on the board. Unless I've missed it, - I can't find any film on Evan Neal blocking past the LOS or being able to pull & block downfield at all. Meanwhile there is plenty of film w/Ekwonu doing that & being devastating at it.

I hear my fellow TGGers crying out for a game changing WR or any other offensive weapon. But I am old fashioned, - still stuck on beefing up the O-line first to get Zach Wilson some pocket comfort & to build the running game (which again --- will help Zach in the passing game). Whatever your feelings about Sam Darnold are ---- the guy lost a hell of a lot of confidence constantly running for his life on NYJ. You simply can't have that w/rookie QBs. Mac Jones is doing well in NE because he's got an awesome O-line.............& he is throwing to no name receivers himself (granted Hunter Henry is top 5 TE in the AFC). Respectfully, ---- IMO ---- the Build the Bengals philosophy may have worked for them ----- I just don't think it would work for us.

Then again, - I constantly strive for introspection & self-criticism. Not sure how much stock to put into it, - but PFF says NYJ had the 11th best O-line this past season.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

Then again, - w/Greg Van Roten at 67.5 -- this thing HAS to be wrong.

#63 wewantsapp, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    chandler and KY Jets Fan like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I would be very happy with Ekwonu at #4. I don't remember but either I saw or someone on Jets Twitter remarked that in one mock Draft Jax took Ekwonu #1. Taking Ekwonu at #4 wouldn't rule out taking a WR either at #10 or trading down a little and taking one, or taking one at the top of the 2nd round. With Fant on the last year of his contract, I think it would be smart to take Ekwonu. If the Jets decide to extend Fant, they could always keep Ekwonu at RG for a few years, or if Becton gets injured again or struggles, Fant would need to go back to LT and either Ekwonu could slide over to RT, or Moses could step in (if they re-sign him, which I hope they will). Between Becton, Fant, Ekwonu and Moses, the OT position would be very well covered. That would enable us to get rid of Edoga who is awful imo.

wewantsapp and LAJet like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I like this very much. Ekwonu would be a massive upgrade to the line, be it T or G. Out starters and depth would be instantly upgraded with Edogo a goner. I might add at this point Beckton is too much of a wild card not to double down on the position. Becton issue is commitment to himself and his body and the will to get his weight under control. Fant in my opinion needs to be extended. He proved to have the kind of toughness and grit we desperately need. A bit of an unsung hero. He did a hell of a job at Lt. I feel good with him anywhere on that line.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Glad to see others are on the Ekwonu train.

Dude's a beast!