Mel Kiper Mock on Sportscenter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Apr 9, 2006.

1. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

An ideal first three for me would be Ferguson, Mangold and Carpenter. Offensive line is the most glaring need and the hardest to fill. Getting two guys that project to be among the best in the league at their position is not something you can do every year. Taking two lineman in the first round isn't the sexiest thing to do, but it represents the commitment to building a long term winning program.

2. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

The O-Line is the most pressing problem on this team. This is the same thinking over the past 5 years that caused Bradway to drafting hardly any OL players. Without an offensive line, it doesn't matter who your RBs, QBs, or WRs are, the offense will sputter. Football begins and ends with lines. The Jets O-Line is in shambles, so how you can say 3 picks for the line would be a waste. The past 5 years all of the high draft talent has been dumped into the defense.

I am not saying I want all 3 picks to go to the O-Line, but if the FO did go that direction, it would by no means be a "waste."

3. MrDobolina

MrDobolina New Member

TOTALLY AGREE...I've stated in another post some examples...David Carr is a good one. I really think he's a talented QB but he keeps breaking sack records because of the pitiful o-line. And look at Denver, they are gonna turn Dayne into a star based soley on a great line. There a a lot of examples....all I can say is fill that need and everyone will shine.

Dobo

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

1a - Williams
    1b - Mangold
    2 - best available pass rushing OLB
    3a - best available RT

The rest is gravy.

5. nyjets2823

nyjets2823 Member

i like the willaims thing but i think if lendale is there at 29 take him.....I think as a 1 two punch with him and curtis would be great.... he like a jordan big quick back....also there their is a possibility of mangold falling to 35.... if not carpanter might fall to 35 or there will always be a good o lineman we can pick up at 35

6. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I agree. And I think we will take two olinemen in round 1.