Mehta talks to NFL network about "anonymous Jets"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Everyone is complaining that all the noise is from UNNAMED SOURCES.

Why have we heard nothing from key personnel supporting him? It is much easier to go on record supporting than not supporting. Don't ya think.

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I like Rich Cimini. Guys like Cimini and Serby are lessons for young people everywhere that mediocrity shouldn't have to get in the way of you making your monthly mortgage payment.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Manish is a respected insider there...There many be players on defense who have issues with sanchez

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Hmmmmmmmmm

In the original report he said "None of the players who spoke to the Daily News for this story agreed with Ryan’s decision to anoint Sanchez as a captain. "

Now how do you get to that statement from every single one of the players that responded just from the open question "What's your honest evaluation of Mark Sanchez?"

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Don, is that you?

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They come in threes.

7. sg3

sg3 Banned

Manish is a good reporter, miles better than Cimini

His problem is that this time, in order to generate a scoop and headlines, he allowed himself to fall into Cimini-like tactics of making up "unnamed sources" when none existed

and now, when he should just stand up like a man and apologize to Mark Sanchez and to the Jets organization, he is instead digging a bigger hole for himself with his attempted coverups of his reportarial error

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I doubt he made up the sources.

Whether or not that they are people that we should give a shit about is a mystery. If they are guys like Mulligan or Hunter would anyone really care?

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

agreed

and if they are ex Jets or ex Jets coaches (Hi LT and Schotty) who would care even LESS

10. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

do you really have that much trouble believing the story?

mason and mcelroy have already come out and described the locker room being a giant clusterfuck of selfish players.

yeah, selfish players would NEVER want to trash someone else anonymously. that would be way beneath them.

woody has come out and confirmed that sanchez gets babied.

come on.

these are just players' opinions. it's not like because a player said sanchez is lazy that sanchez is indeed a lazy fuck. sanchez might look lazy to some and a really hard worker to others.

11. abyzmul

I would care if it was Hunter. It would explain his sometimes obvious blocking whiffs. Bob Kraft probably floated him a crate of olive oil mayonnaise. With cracked black pepper.

12. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Well, it's not a loaded question. He did his job and our loudmouth players decided to go nuts and spill their guts. They could have declined to speak with him, they could have said more complimentary stuff about Mark, or they could have towed the company line. I can't fault Manish for any of this, but I can fault the players who decided to make a bad situation worse.

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

I agree

who gives an F...K

Mehta has already got way too much mileage out of this baloney

no more comments on it from me, at least

I'll leave it to the moronic tapeheads at ESPN, NFLN and FAN to blabber about for weeks. Unless, of course, their beloved Midgets don't get thrashed by 40 points this weekend

14. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

I have been reminded of my 7th grade dramatic experiences back in 16 BC. Absolutely ridiculous- drama filled children running around in Florham Park.

15. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Who care what a coward says. Man up and put ur name on it.

16. ukilledkenny

I was thinking mre along of the lines of it being a legit indictment of Sanchez but that is an interesting theory.

17. sg3

sg3 Banned

just for the record

Kraft of the Patriots didn't even manufacture anything usefull like Mayonnaise

He made cardboard which is fitting

18. ukilledkenny

My grandfather worked for his company forever as an international salesman. Paper and cardboard is actually pretty big business since all the shit we buy comes in a box.

If I understand their business model correctly they don't even produce the paper or cardboard, they just distribute it. Like a more succesful Dunder Mifflin.

19. abyzmul

Does this mean I can eat Kraft Cheese & Macaroni again?

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Heh for the Big Lebowski pic. Always appreciated.

On the substance, we knew before that there was turmoil in the locker room, to be sure. But about what? Mehta's story indicates that at least some of it is that some percentage of Sanchez's teammates have lost confidence in him and think he will not succeed.

You don't think that is a story?

The depth of the problem is that the problem is not limited to players being undisciplined. Or worrying over much about their individual stats. Or dogging it. Or for that matter having complaints about the playcalling.

No. The problem the article decribes is that some players think not only that Sanchez is not getting it done but that the CS and FO are covering for him and in effect making the situation worse by coddling him.

If you can't see how that adds to what we knew before, I am not surprised if you have not gotten some other things before.