Mehta talks to NFL network about "anonymous Jets"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Jan 12, 2012.

1. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Don't be a douchebag. Like it's any kind of stretch that the locker room could devour itself with any adversity. It sounds more and more legit every day. Plus I've said it in other threads, he's got a job to do again next year with a lot of the same guys. Mehta isn't gonna shit where he eats on top of risking his reputation as a writer. Moron.

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

There's just about zero chance that these were fabricated quotes. If they were, Manish Mehta would be out of the Jets reporting business.

Two things aren't happening that would suggest he made the whole thing up. First, players aren't running to the defense of their quarterback. And some of these guys tweet every stupid thought that crosses their mind. Mangold, Slauson and Dixon. That's about it. Everyone else has clammed up.

Second, REX hasn't stepped in to defend Sanchez. Maybe because, after lumping praise all over Brian Schottenheimer - only to see him chucked a week later - coming out in defense of Sanchez almost has the opposite effect. No one would believe him, and least of all his players.

Manish is one of the very few Jets writers I like reading. I wish his sources weren't anonymous, but I believe they're real.

ETA: Plus, this really isn't a very vigorous defense. Seems almost obligatory:

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I wasn't saying he made it up. He probably went to every player and asked for an anonymous opinion, then reported his "findings" to the world. So there is an unreported number of unnamed Jets players who don't think Sanchez is getting it done. Who gives a shit? IMO, that is lazy reporting and typical NY media bullshit that is intended to do nothing but stir shit up.

Without knowing who they are, we don't know if they are important players or scrubs, if they are offensive of defensive players, if they are coaches or players, if they are impending FAs, if they are malcontents unhappy with their role, or if they are unhappy with their contract and jealous of Sanchez's salary.

This "reporting" gives us nothing except an opportunity to start a stupid thread where we can debate whether Sanchez sucks some more. Perhaps he could conduct a similar "study" and report his "findings" on Rex, or Tanny, or Plax, or Mangold, or Scott, or Cro? Nice work. Thanks Manish/Cimini for all you do to tear apart this team.

4. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

in public. but those baby comments sound a lot like him

5. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

If they don't believe, then leave. i.e. Tikki

You can't be against your QB. Everyone will fail.

6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Honestly who gives a fuck?

Sanchez will be given a chance in a dumbed down offense this season. If he continues to make stupid mistakes because he's a stupid football player, then he will be gone.

I'm over the dissension.

7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Good point: How many positive statements did he ignore? Also, he says it is a "significant number" but wouldn't give a specific number or even a range. Maybe to him a "significant number" is three or four. What do I care if 3 or 4 guys out of 50+ don't like Sanchez, especially if it's not major players or UFAs/rookies. If he gave a range, say, over 10 then I would say "wow, okay that's pretty bold if he's lying about that many people so maybe there is some truth to it."

Right now all he has is an unknown number of unknown caliber players who anonymously are reporting that they don't believe in Sanchez. OMG!! The foundations of my universe are collapsing!!

Whatever. We'll see what happens in the offseason and then how training camp and whatnot goes. If nobody re-signs or a bunch of guys request trades or something then I'll believe there is more to it but so far the only guy who may want out is Holmes and now that Schotty is gone that may have solved a big part of his issues.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

""Mehta said that "it's definitely more than a few isolated players""

9. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

Bin Laden? What?

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, that's my take unfortunately.

Mehta still does not realize that he's poisoned his ability to cover the Jets. He'll get there eventually when he realizes that his sources are drying up and new players are warned not to talk to him.

If this story is true it is a major bomb for the Jets. Their window is now gone and they're in rebuilding mode because the QB does not have the confidence of his teammates and without that nothing is possible.

If it is half-true, not made up but plumped up to look like a lot more than it is, then Mehta just stuck a dagger in Tannenbaum, Rex and Sanchez and indirectly in Woody Johnson as well. He's greased the skids for Rex and Sanchez departure and with them likely Tannenbaum as well.

If it is just a few players who are known malcontents at this point, just a rehashing of the Santonio Holmes and Plaxico Burress stuff with maybe Bart Scott prodded until he said something stupid then Mehta has greased the skids for his own exit because that kind of reporting always boomerangs and whacks the person who started it in the end.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I've had it with this drama. All these articles have turned everyone into gossiping bitches. Until one of these players said they said whatever, I will not follow nor believe these half ass, cheap reports.

Lets move on already and discuss more about what the new OC can bring, etc.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

"And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. "

13. Mr. Green Pants

It's foolish to think players and coaches are going to assemble and shout vigorous defenses of Sanchez from a rooftop. Hell, that would feed into the "Sanchez is coddled" notion even more. The negative statements were refuted by the owner and a guy most people feel is the heart and soul of the team (Mangold). That's enough.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I kind of tuned out after the season for a bit, did we ever find out who in the huddle Holmes was yelling at when they pulled him from the game? If it was Sanchez then obviously you can point to Holmes as one of these sources.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

While defending Mark we have blamed
    -the OC
    -the running game
    -the offensive line
    -the receivers
    -released players

….and now the sports writers! LOL

Next we are going to blame the wicked witch of the west for putting a spell on Mark.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I read your posts and generally do not find them nonsensical. Not at all. I have to say this one is. Taking out the style point criticisms of the article ("Who are these guys??? Why won't they identify themselves???"), you in effect concede what I have bolded - some number of Jet players have said to an otherwise reliable reporter who follows the team that they have lost confidence in Mark Sanchez.

That is not a story?

Of course it is. If as others have noted it is true, even if only in its general thrust, you do realize what that means, don't you?

It means some percentage of players, which for all we know could be quite large, do not have confidence in Sanchez.

Of course it is a legitimate and I would say huge story. The question is not whether we as fans are arguing Sanchez's pros and cons. This is a story about the players, the ones who are around him, who we literally expect to put themselves into it to win games with Sanchez as their Qb.

Unless it is a made up story, which I think HIGHLY UNLIKELY, how is it Mehta who is tearing apart the team? Sounds like there are some pretty big cracks in it already.

I am sorry but your post makes no sense to me.

17. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Theres a HUGE difference between defending a player and just not blaming it all on him. See some people on this forum find it necessary to completely blame the seasons failures on Sanchez instead of looking at the bigger picture which is our overpaid pass rusher Calvin Pace was pretty invisible this season, Bart Scott missed more tackles then I've ever seen from him before, our Tackles were routinely beat in pass protection, Mark turned the ball over at inopportune times, running game was inconsistent, the list goes on and on.

Point is when are people going to stop looking for a scapegoat on the team and realize that it TAKES a team to win. Why do you think the Patriots haven't won a playoff game in like 3 years, because they're QB is Elite and the rest of the team is inconsistent. It takes CONSISTENCY and TEAMWORK to win in this league wake the fuck up people.

18. Mr. Green Pants

Wayne Hunter. He told Holmes that if he didn't want to play, he should get the fuck off the field. Best thing Hunter did all year.

19. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Listen the more concerning fact is only 1 that I know of has come out and supported him. I have heard nothing from the coaching staff since, or any other key personnel support him since.

IF THIS STORY IS FALSE, why haven't we heard more from supporters?

PERIOD.

20. wildaces

wildaces Banned

If we won the super bowl, it would because Sanchez took us there.

Fair is Fair.