Mehta: Jets should extend Rex now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jul 26, 2013.

1. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

You know its bad enough when the buttheads in the media and from other teams, use personal attacks against Rex. It's even lower when our own fans do it to him. If all you have against Rex is his persona then you need to learn a little more about the game of football.
    As far as his loyalties, yes Rex has been known to take it too far. Yet, look around, many of his so called players are now gone. The roster is turning over in a big way and getting younger and faster. As far as Sanchez is concerned Rex wanted Payton, he knows a winner when he see one. Mark won the job by default and nothing else. He kept it for the same reason after the Jets acquired Tebow and let Drew Stanton leave.

2. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Rex needs at least 6-8 wins to get extended, at least. Anything below that and I think he is a goner. I do want him being the coach of this team, the players seem to believe in him and he's gotten more out of this team than most coaches would.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Still waiting for one of these guys who think this is a good idea to explain why.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

That is how I see it too. If we do indeed improve in all areas he should be extended. However the trends in ST and the O are moving downward the past 2 years. The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

5. Braylon4ever

Braylon4ever Active Member

With Braylon back in the fold, he just might be able to now. :wink:

Man....I remember a time when I got blasted left and right for wanting the Jets to get Braylon back. It's so nice to have those who verbally bashed my face in to now actually eat crow.

And while he may not be the Braylon of 2010, I believe he'll be a very solid contributor to this Jets offense.

As far as Rex goes(to get back on-topic here), I really think that getting this rag-tag bunch to 8-8 should warrant an extension. A 7-win season is very iffy and I'm not that certain he would get extended for a losing record. It's all about RESULTS in the NFL.