Mecole Hardman tampering

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Unhappyjetsfan, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Yes, it can be, but it all depends on how the contacted team handles it.

The short version:
    If a player contacts another team about that team acquiring him, the contacted team must: (1) tell the player that it can't talk to him about it; and (2) report the matter to the player's current team.

Chapter and verse:
    1. If a player contacts a team, "the contacted club is prohibited from... discussing even in general terms the player’s possible employment with the contacted club..."
    Anti-Tampering Policy, Sec. 3(b)(6). (emphasis added).

2. Further, if the contact is about possible employment with the contacted team, the contacted team "must inform the player...that...the club is not permitted to discuss such matters, and, if such matters are raised by or with the player or his representative, the club representative must immediately report such contact to the owner or operating head of the club that holds the player’s rights." Ibid.

#61 Since1969, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    Footballgod214 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Gonna be hard to prove that tampering BS because I’m sure guys across the league text each other all the time.

NFL is not gonna open Pandora’s box for some bottom of the roster WR like Hardman

ouchy likes this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good stuff. What if a player from Team A tells a player from Team B "Come get me!". Player to Player, no GM involved. FE, can Garrett beg Mahomes to come get him? And if so, what if Mahomes goes to his own team? What if Mahomes says to The Walrus "Hey Coach, Garrett Wilson hit me up...he badly wants to come here...says he'd sign a good team friendly deal just to get here"

4. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Very interesting hypotheticals, but I don't think the policy directly covers them.

In your Wilson-Mahomes hypothetical, I'm sure the Jets would scream tampering, but KC would say the policy doesn't apply. Flip a coin.

I doubt, however, that the League wants to police idle chatter between players. How many times a year do you figure a player from another team approaches a KC player and says something like, "Man, I'd give my left nut to play with Mahomes"?

#64 Since1969, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    Footballgod214 likes this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good question....how many WRs are there in the NFL? Start there maybe!

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Sauce still not having any of Mecole's bullshit.

stinkyB and LAJet like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

“If you know what it takes to win, you’re not going to go to practice and drop hella punts and then have excuses as to why you’re dropping them. You’re not going to go into a special teams meeting and get cussed out by the special teams coordinator. There’s just certain things that are not going to happen if you truly know what it takes to win.”

MY CORNERBACK...

Ptflea2 and NOVAJET like this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Kind of tough to diss a guy for drops when he just caught the Super Bowl winner while you sat on your couch stoned. Even though we know Mecole is a pass dropping little bitch.

stinkyB likes this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

C'mon bruh.... try some of this hotsauce....

10. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I mean, it was arguably the easiest catch in SB history lol. I have no issue with him dissing a guy that won the SB simply by lucking his way back to the organization that won it without contributing shit to the process. That TD was a gift and without it we wouldnt have to hear a word out of his mouth because he wouldnt have been able to get an interview with anyone if his life depended on it. He will be lucky to be in the league a year from now...

Ptflea2 likes this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Nobody will remember who made the catch in 10 years but right now the guy is on a hill. SB game winning catch.

12. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Jesus. Hardman bashed the Jets after the Super Bowl really for no reason but to make it personal. Right or wrong........whatever. he made it public.

I'm happy one of our stars is calling him out for his bullshit.

jets_fan likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Sauce should give it up already …

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm still trying to see the value of the Jet gameplan being given to any team for any gain. Hardman stood nothing to gain but everything to lose IF this story turned out to be true. The Jet gameplan for the most part was mediocre on a good Sunday. Neither the Eagles nor the Chiefs needed this information to beat the '23 NYJ's. Sounds more like guys just trying to burn Hardman for what he said about the franchise.