Mecole Hardman tampering

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Unhappyjetsfan, Feb 28, 2024.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Didn't the Buffalo Bills replace their OC in the middle of last season?

#21 dmw, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    ouchy likes this.
  2. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Did he also get passed over from even seeing a legit opportunity to contribute because of the guys like Cobb ahead of him?

Is that really the narrative we are going to trash and bury the guy on?

Again, imo this just circles back to why everybody is being unrealistic atm about our ability to sign any of the better free agents at deals you might actually be able to cheer a GM for making latter.

A factor that even if you fire the GM isn't going away anytime soon either.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

More from the interview:

"Y'all can't tell me about winning. I've been to four Super Bowls in five years now. Before, I had been to four SEC championships and three Super Bowls. I've won two of them. I know what winning looks like. I know what winning is. So y'all keep telling me certain things and I'm not going for that, because y'all are not doing it right.

"People feel like it's too individual egos in that locker room. I'm telling them, 'That's not going to get y'all to win. It's not going to happen.' You have the KC locker room, it's Pat, it's me, it's Trav, it's Nick Allegretti, it's Noah Gray. We all on the same level. No one is treated differently. If coach Reid says, 'We don't wear yellow cleats in practice,' and Pat goes out there and wears yellow cleats, Pat's going back inside and changing his cleats. Everybody treated the same."

"Y'all telling me certain things like, 'Let me get you some plays, let's get you involved in the game plan.' But I played two plays. You can't tell me that. I would rather you tell me, 'I feel like these guys better than you, we'll figure you out later.' Alright, I can take that.

"I'm a grown-ass man. I understand that. But when you keep telling me and feeding me lies and saying certain stuff, that's what don't sit right with me, because I know for a fact I'm better than him for sure. I know I'm better than him, I'm better than him too. Garrett Wilson is the only person you should be like, 'OK, you can go.'"

Part of the OP quote that was left out:
    ‘We’ll just figure it out. It’s Aaron’s show. Let Aaron do what Aaron do.’ But then when Aaron goes down, it’s like 'We don’t know what to do.' But it's that same coach that was out of a job the previous year, but managed to get a new job."
    ---------

He implies the coaches lets some players break the rules, and not others, which means they have no idea how to create a healthy locker room or winning culture.
    He is saying he was constantly lied to about his WR role and playing time, and there was no competition for starting jobs.
    He implies he was better than three guys who got more reps than him,which would be Lazard, Cobb, and Gibson. We know that Lazard and Cobb were in the anointed one's club.

Regardless of how much is true the guy is in the hero spotlight right now and this casts another dark shadow on free agency. He makes the Jets culture seem incompetent and terrible. Just saying we lie to players is poison, adding some players are above the rules is the kicker. This is also part of a continuing trend of WRs saying our offensive leadership is crap - except now its crossed two OCs. The common factor here is Selah, which also means JD since he's responsible for the coaching. Its going to be difficult to sign anyone that isn't a completely money driven merc. Which means we probably wont get many guys who truly buy in to winning here.

Honestly, this loudly screams, "fire them all now". But we already knew that part. Its embarrassing that we continue with this.

Its a mismanaged train wreck and I have zero interest in borrowing from the future for this bogus staff/season. We don't have the leadership to take us anywhere. Signing Rodgers was a risky move, but the way we've handled him is one of the stupidest things we've ever done. His skills might get us a few wins, but with him being him, by the end of the season its going to be a dumpster fire that our incompetent coaching cant control. It will likely get so bad that I don't see any good player wanting to resign with this team after next season.

#23 ouchy, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I doubt there were extremely even offers out there and Hardman was just dying to come play for the Jets.

https://x.com/snyjets/status/1638936281848897537?s=20

What you just posted is basically what beat reporters write about every free agent that’s being signed to potentially be a fit as a fringe starter.

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Maybe the Jets offense was in a funk because Rodgers was out and they all know Wilson couldn't play. Having such bleak prospects for the season can depress anyone.

6. Kronoking

SUNK COST FALLACY - the tendency for people to continue an endeavor or course of action even when abandoning it would be more beneficial. Because we have invested our time, energy, or other resources, we feel that it would all have been for nothing if we quit.

Gonna be adding a picture of Rodgers to that wiki def after this upcoming year.

The_Darksider and ouchy like this.
  7. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets don't need to criticize Hardman because Hardman just hurt himself. If the Chiefs let him go, will any other time want to sign him now? Someone might sign him, but he definitely hurt his market value.

8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

ouchy likes this.
  9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Morestead is accusing Hardman of being disgruntled and entitled.

Apparently Sauce just tweeted and shortly after deleted this:

"We ain't gon talk about how our offense game plan got leaked vs Eagles tho".

The news wire already got ahold of it. Not sure if he's implying Hardman did, or the coaches, or who?

There is too much bickering and dirty laundry. I don't know if its possible now days but it would be best if our players avoided social media until things quite down.

10. Kronoking

This would carry more weight if we didn't already have actual football players on the offense like Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall taking indirect shots of their own that is a lot more suggestive of the behind the scenes picture Hardman is painting out in greater acknowledged detail.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Agreed yeah. Hardman already made an ass outta himself, its better for the Jets players to take the high road here and avoid it

dmw and ouchy like this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

13. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I saw the stat a few weeks ago. Morstead punted 99 times last season!

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I’m glad Aaron Rodger’s is gonna be a force to stop all this bullshit that doesn’t promote winning.

ouchy likes this.
  15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The biggest takeaway from all of this that has been mostly overlooked. Sauce says "We ain't gon talk about how our offense game plan got leaked vs Eagles tho".

Wait a minute. There was an offensive game plan?!

Centiment, Borat, ouchy and 1 other person like this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I wish he would have given them all away. That was one of the few games where they actually looked like they had one.

ouchy and HomeoftheJets like this.
  17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Mecole be blastin muthafuckas

Pepsiguy5, teamgreen and abyzmul like this.
  18. abyzmul

I think he missed a golden opportunity for a shirtless interview.

Hell I might have even bought one of his discount Jets jerseys after that.

#38 abyzmul, Feb 28, 2024
  19. abyzmul

And really, with all the toxic crap that is being aired and staff jumping ship, it's safe to say at this point that the only culture that Joe and Bob have the ability to create is a cesspool.

Seems like Zach is staying out of it so far, let's see what Mom has to say after the... trade?

NY Jets68, ouchy and BrowningNagle like this.
  20. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I got an alert that implied Hardman leaked the game plan to both KC and the Eagles because he wasn't getting any playing time. If either is true how does any team sign him or any locker room trust him? He may have just ended his career. That is disgusting behavior if true.

ouchy likes this.