McShay's First 2022 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Dec 14, 2021.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I guess that's why I'm so high on Ekwonu then. I view him as more of an OT prospect than an OG.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Is he replacing our top performing OL Fant at LT or our 2020 1st rd pick Becton at RT?

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I would have to defer to the CS to make a decision like that.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Most of the draft reports I've seen on him say that he will be an OG in the NFL. If they're wrong, and the plan is to play him at RT, fine, but they'd better be right. It would be a big mistake imo to use a high 1st round pick on him and he wind up playing RG, and then we wind up with a subpar RT and C.

5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’d be fine with those picks but man it would be nice to get a true DE pass rusher Kayvon or Aiden with our first pick and hope Stingley falls with our Seattle pick

6. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Ekwonu...im in on him.

7. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah for whatever my opinion is worth that is about the LAST thing the Jets need to be doing in this draft/offseason. I'm not saying go offense with every pick and free agent dollar but you got your #2 overall hopeful FQB and more or less the entire future of the franchise hanging in the balance. Get him as much help as you can for gods sake. Especially after the three year clinic they just finished putting on destroying Darnold.

Not the time for spending premium picks on high risk CB. At a bare minimum I hope the Jets can get a good TE prospect and some kind of OL help with their top 4 picks.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

I would love to see some QB light it up in the combine and workouts and then have some QB needy team want to trade up for that #4 pick.

NCJetsfan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I definitely want to see JD trade down with one of the picks, and I believe that he will if there is a trade partner. While I want to add at least one topnotch playmaking talent early in the 1st round, we also still have a lot of holes, and as long as we get a great prospect with the 1st round pick we get in the trade and a very good prospect(s) with the other pick(s) we receive from trading down, I'll be good. At this point, for me it all depends upon whom is there at #4. If Hutchinson or Thibodeaux are sitting there, today I'm taking him. I'm just starting to watch video and do more research, so that could change between now and the draft. I could also take Hutchinson at #4 if I thought he wouldn't be there at #7 (or wherever Seattle's pick winds up).

In terms of some QB lighting it up at the Combine, looks like that will have to be Kenny Pickett since Matt Corral was injured in the bowl game. He'll probably drop towards the bottom of the 1st round.

A thought just occurred to me. Could JD trade down from both 1st round picks? I don't think I'd have a problem with that, either as long most of the picks are in the 2022 draft. We need a talent infusion now more than waiting another year to get another pick. I think Philly has two 1st round picks. It would be awesome if JD traded with them and we got their two 1sts and their 3rd round pick, then traded with another team and got their 1st, 3rd and 4th round picks. That would give us 4-1st round picks, 2-2nds, 2-3rd, and 3-4th round picks, I believe. I don't think that would happen, but it would JD a ton of flexibility and he could fill a lot of holes. Just between our 1st and 2nd round picks, he could add an Edge, #1 WR, an OT, an OG, a TE and a S. With the 2-3rds, 3-4ths, and 2-5ths he could add an LB or two, a CB another TE and whatever else he fancied.