McElroy will start against the Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Dec 23, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Kap sat a year actually, and has a better run game and defense than most QBs. He became starting QB at the middle of his second season, completely different.

Andy Dalton is in the Sanchez situation, strong run game and defense.

Cam Newton struggled most of this year, not really sure why you bringing him up. The offense had to adjust big time this year because he was figured out by defense and adjust to that. He also couldn't handle the carolina media, no way he handles NY.

Tannehill looks serviceable at best right now, not sure why you brought him up either. Sanchez came in his first 3 games, converted 70+% of 3rd downs and looked great too for the first couple games of his career like Tannehill.

Luck and RGIII are talents, Sanchez was never near them talent wise and I think we all knew that.

And if you actually read most things, most people tihnk he does think, sleep, breathe football, he's just not good which makes it scary with all the time he is working on it.

Look at Sanchez's draft class, you can't point to a QB playing well form it right now. That's scary bad

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

This was always my thing with Sanchez, I think he does care, he does try and he does work hard, which just makes the fact that he plays so badly all the worse as I don't think its something that can get turned around with an attitude adjustment, the ability just doesn't seem to be there.

3. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Amen.

Tell me how many teams win a game when their o-line gives up 11 sacks? But LET'S JUST BLAME THE QB. Put Manning on this team and he still loses the game today.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Just saw this tweet from McElroy - nyjets: Greg McElroy: "I have to do a better job. We learned a lot today. Everyone is very disappointed. We understand we need to improve."

How many times did we see almost the exact same tweets from Sanchez :(

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sail on the right rigger.......drop back..... zzzzzzzzzzz.... FISH ON

6. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I was at the game and McElroy added something to the offense that was definitely needed and that was fire. When he thought he scored that TD he was very animated and his body language I think was a lot better than Sanchez' which I hope can rub off on the offense. I guess to me those actions make his tweet more believable.

Really the only shit pass McElroy had was that wide open pass to Edwards when it hit he ground

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Petro, Mark gets 8mil guaranteed next season, Sparano has regressed to Schotty lite, and Howard is a step (or 3) down from Hunter....the Jets are risking McElroys knees, instead of Sanchez, or Tebows..lthe only real questions here....are...

Des Trader Mike parlay the 4th to. Second, when Timmytime goes to JVillle, and how soon is Norv Turner buying a home in Florham Park?

8. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

This. But where else do you go? Start him again, what the hell. Nothing to lose or win.

9. Hobbes3259

Bro, they are protecting their 8 mil, and their trade bait, this is not about Sanchez.

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Good call Rex.

11. displacedfan

Sanchez used to do that (go look at 2009 highlights) but remember the CS wanted him to not get too high or too low or too emotional during games, trying to not let his emotion affect his play. That led to scenarios where like against BUF in year 3, he leads a comeback hitting Tone for the game winning TD with under 2 minutes left. He walks to the sideline and goes on the exercise bike and starts biking. Sanchez's main problem was taking suggestions from the CS and then going to the ultimate with them. Coaching staff pounded comletion percentage, throw checkdowns to preserve. Coaching staff says to make plays, make plays at all cost risking ball security. Coaching staff said not to force anything, take sacks left and right and only throw when someone is WIDE open. He could never find the balance

The pick too was terrible. But that I'm just writing off to inexperience.

12. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

One more audition for McElroy in Buffalo. Reading his postgame transcripts leaves me very impressed about his demeanor. Unlike Sanchez 'I just forgot the play' or 'we just have to get better'. He actually seems torn up about his performance.

McElroy is definitely not happy with his performance and he's not doing left handed nonsense by blaming receivers or whatnot. Honestly, I don't know how I feel. I have to wait until after the Buffalo game to get a true picture of how good McElroy is.

13. Hobbes3259

C'mon man. This is about realizing you have a talented QB and another shit OC.l.those 11 sacks would have cost the Jets a bundle if one of them blew out Marks knee.

Look at Mark on the sidelline. He's happy to have packed it in, because barring tragedy....they are PROTECTING him. Howard is hot Garbage, and Tebow to JVille turns a 4 into. 2.

GMac is the 2 next year, be ause he's taking one for the team this year.

14. displacedfan

McElroy shouldn't be a closed book after two games this year. He should be in competition for the starting job next year

15. ArmandJ

I agree with you. I think he has warranted it.

I just feel as though there's something special about the kid. I wouldn't be surprised if he just lit up Buffalo's defense next week (pending our O-line not following Sanchez's hit order).

16. Hobbes3259

How come no one gets it? I know why Cannizaro peddles it, it's his job.

Sanchez is your 2013 starter. And beyond. Just hope that Norv is your OC.
    Sanchez is riding pine, bc the Jets are committed to him and an injury is disaster,

17. ArmandJ

McElroy outplayed Sanchez in his first official start in the NFL while getting abused by the San Diego Chargers. It's not an automatic that Sanchez will be our starter. Get a FA QB, and more likely than not McElroy will be our backup.

18. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think usually you are a complete whackjob but I agree with you here. Sanchez is going to be our QB next year and McElroy isn't going to be anywhere near that starting job.

What happened with McElroy is exactly what I said would happen. Teams would shut down the run game, stack the box and blitz him like crazy forcing a weak noodle armed QB to beat them. Once the Chargers made their adjustments which happened in the 2nd quarter this game was over. There were no adjustments the Jets could make on the offensive side of the ball that could have compensated for the lack of QB play. Why do you think they opened the playbook today with things we hadn't seen all year.

11 sacks... that's not coincidence. McElroy showed fire, and poise but he brought many of those sacks on himself by stepping into pressure and not throwing the ball away. Sure he can get better but his upside is extremely limited and is far from a starting caliber QB. He has career 2nd/3rd string QB all over him.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Outplayed him? Did we watch the same game? McElroy stinks, he has no pocket presence, he has no arm strength and he once the Chargers made adjustments after the 1st quarter he couldn't put together any significant drive. The reason he was sacked 11 times is because he isn't good.