Mcelroy out with concussion, Sanchez to start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Dec 27, 2012.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

IMO Bellichick without Brady would be no better a coach than RR.

If the Jets had a QB even half as good as Brady they would have won a SB in either 2009 or more likely 2010 and have been well in the mix in 11 and 12.

edit: McElroy looked terrible, the last thing I want is for us to go into next season with Sanchez and McElroy as the 2 contenders- Sanchez is 95% certain to be here next season given his salary so trying to destroy his last shreds of confidence helps no-one - best thing all round is for him to have a decent performance against the Bills and for the Jets to bring in some half decent vet competition for him for 2013 whilst drafting his replacement.

#241 JetsUK, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

What exactly is going to happen on Sunday that is so compelling, whether Sanchez stinks, does well or indifferently? If anything the Jets are more newsworthy on Monday-Saturday than on Sundays.

If anything I'm far LESS likely to watch now. At least if McElroy had played I'd want to see what he could do (assuming the line played better), hell even if Tebow played there'd be the curiosity factor. But who flipping cares what Sanchez does in a meaningless game?

3. NYJFan10

lol, the Jets deserve 'applause' for doing something that EVERY NFL team is going to do in this day and age? If you get caught hiding concussions you're going to get fined up the wazoo as an organization, or worse.

If anything the Jets destroyed G-Mac with Rex publicly taking him to task for doing something that's understandable considering his place in the pecking order. And this final 'insubordination' insures he'll never play a game for the Jets again. It took him long enough to get out of the doghouse for telling the truth about last year's locker room.

4. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

As a fin fan and having our rooky QB due pretty good againts them last week I 'm thinking Sanchez should also.

It's after the win...and whats next for your QB's.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sure its possible, but i have NO faith in anything that rex ryan says at this point. i find it highly unlikely that he felt terrible and then decided after lifting on thursday that he needed to get checked out. i think rex didnt want him in there last week but knew he couldnt trot the cheeseman out there. just like when tebow got "injured" and "broke his ribs" and he couldnt remember what play he did it on... but it wasnt on special teams... smirk.

its all bullshit, everything this fucking guy says is complete bullshit. i trust absolutely nothing at this point and actually think the opposite of what he says is the truth.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The jets qb situation is obviously a mess. It's going to take a miracle to straighten sanchez out and we're pretty much stuck w/him next season.

Maybe geno smith falls to us in the draft.

7. NYJFan10

Last week's wildcat plays lend credence to your theory. There was a noticable difference between the Kerley plays last week and the ******** they were running with Tebow - mostly shotgun runs into the line.

8. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

Hey Dumb A$$..."Elway knew it", not "Elway new it", go back to SDSU and pick up a dictionary...:rofl:

9. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Haha thanks:up:

10. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I don't think that's true, Bellichick didn't have Brady for an entire season and had Matt Cassel pretty much tear it up in his absence. Plus I think overall as a coach he is much smarter than Ryan is anyway.

Also McElroy's performance solely wasn't on him, yes there were times when he held onto the ball too long but when he was given time to actually throw the ball he made some very good passes (screens and dumps not included). But I've stated before that McElroy's flaws of holding the ball too long and not feeling the heat coming are things that can be fixed over the off-season unlike Sanchez' psyche here in New York.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

against a meaningless game against the Bills? Na...

12. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

These should definitely be included, because Sanchez has proven himself incapable of throwing them. Screens are critical to slowing down pass rushes and dump offs are key to turning broken plays into gains. Sanchez's inability to throw short screens and dump offs, let alone hit them in stride, is one of the big reasons he is dog shit.

13. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

no it doesn't

it sounds like a "Head Coach" in over his head yet again

but hey he changed the culture!

14. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I am all for giving a good coach time, but Rex doesn't strike me as a good head coach. Sure, a good/great DC but that's not an option here. The fact of the matter is, Rex lost the lockerroom last year, he's lost it to a degree this year, and the team has absolutely no discipline on or off the field. He's running a country club, and the team knows it.

Holmes should have been cut last year. But he wasn't because he was owed money. Sanchez should hvae been benched or cut this year, but he wasn't because he was owed money.

The entire team knows that if they are owed money, they can say or do whatever the f*ck they want no consequences (see; Bart Scott, Greg McElroy, the assistant coach).

So, no, I don't agree that continuity is an issue here. When something is proven to be a fraud, you get rid of it.

15. NYJFan10

The guy got sacked eleven times and hit a bunch of others on Sunday! It's supposed to be out of the realm of possibility he DID have a 'minor abdomen' problem AND was hiding a concussion because he needed to stay on the field? I'm shocked he wasn't in a body bag after the linemen tried to have him mutilated over the weekend.

16. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

I'm suprised with Sanchez and Rex...the 2 seems to fit togater and it's not over yet.

I'm thinking Geno Smith will be there in the middle of the first.

17. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

I'm surprised he even wanted to go out there with Buffalo, and as stupid as he is trying to hide a concussion, I do admire his competitiveness to try and stay out there. See this is what happens when someone plays knowing that they have something to lose, they know at any given time the moment can be taken away so they have that extra drive and edge. Sanchez probably knew he had nothing to lose by playing like shit so he didn't really try to make himself better. He only got worse as the games went on.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lets just play the game without a quarterback. Direct snap to Greene or Powell every play.

19. actofgod22

actofgod22 Member

Hate Tebow all you want, but it just keeps getting more and more disrespectful. Then again, the Jets are probably hoping for better draft position so Sanchez probably puts them in the best position for a loss.

20. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Didn't Tebow refuse to play wildcat for us last week? If the story was misreported, I apologize, but if it's true he is just as disrespectful to us.