Maye requests trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The compensatory pick game as it's currently setup, only rewards the good teams in the league.

I'd like to see them revamp it. The only teams that have the luxury of letting good players go and not signing anyone in free agency are the teams that consistently win. I don't know how that helps parity.

We have zero shot at getting comp picks for a long while it feels like. Just like most gutter teams.

K'OB likes this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Maybe JD should focus on developing minority coaches that get hired as HC or executives, that will surely get us comp picks.

FJF likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was mainly talking about the Gruden thing. When a player tries to demand things through the press, they need people to talk about it, and everyone is talking about Gruden.

K'OB likes this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Maye asking for a trade makes me sick.[​IMG]

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

and that as well :)

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

You guys get so stuck in the business end of this that you lose sight of the human aspect. Maye in in his 5th season on a team that is eliminated by Halloween. He has been a workman type leader and was a role model for the locker room during tough times. There was no giant contract demand. All he asked for was for us to commit to him for 3 years with a competitive contract like other teams do with their leaders.

We didn't do that, and were 1-4 again, and he's at the end of his rope, a year older going into FA. This is bad management. Great teams aren't built completely by the salary cap. They are built on trust and mutual respect that sets and example. I expect Crowder and Mims wont be far behind, and perhaps even Q.

#86 ouchy, Oct 14, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  7. K'OB

Surprised it took 5 pages :rolleyes:

The trust and mutual respect is kinda moot after a guy hides the fact he has been arrested 8-9 months previously after crashing his car pissed up.

Leicester Jet and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

like I said, I agree he's not worth signing to us, I'm just saying he is for sure worth 12 mil a year and it's a very reasonable ask. We don't need WR, for o-line we only need a RG. TE is a big need but there aren't really much for free agents. the whole NFL is lacking in TE talent right now.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

that the average. maye is only 1 year older and multiple players signed their contracts in their 30s already. 4 and 7 years older then maye. the idea he'll suck at the end of a 4 year deal is just wrong. With that said I agree it's time for us to move on from maye i'm just saying he is completely worth that money and it's very resonable ask and he'll get it somewhere

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with football? Maye wasn't Adams. He just wanted an ounce of respect and instead got "oh that's great cap management". When you have few leaders its never great cap management to jerk the few you have around.

We root for a team that lets all of their draft talent walk before their rookie contract ends. They show zero respect to home grown leaders but turn around and sign expensive FA projects. No decent draft pick is going to want to remain a Jet for long when you do this. Not only does our team have no real core - nobody is going to want to be part of our core.

#90 ouchy, Oct 14, 2021
    Jets79 likes this.
  11. K'OB

Your previous post was full of supposition, you tell me how much we offered Maye or how much Maye actually wanted to put his name on a contract then we can have a chat about how much blame gets sent JD's way.

And as for the latest post, it is the same thing you have been saying over and over again, maybe the problem lies in the fact we barely have any talent to renew and like I said to the other guy.

Anderson 3/4 of this board didn't want him resigned
    Fat Boi, probably more than the above didn't want him getting his man bag filled with cash
    Adams lol
    Maye, I would have given him 10m a season myself with an out at 2 years but where would that leave us now? A player that cannot be trusted to confess to a crime he has committed, fantastic character trait and that was what my previous post was referencing, so that has everything to do with football in the context it was being talked about.

#91 K'OB, Oct 14, 2021
  12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Can't blame Maye for not fessing up over the dui, that happened all the way down in Miami, which is a suburb of Cuba.

Like I keep trying to tell my wife, if it happens in a different area code, it never happened.

Red Menace likes this.
  13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

This board turns on players and coaches very quickly. We are already talking about dumping our coaches, dumping our GM , dumping our LT(After a very good rookie year) and calling our new drafted QB a bust after 5 games.

Does this sound a little absurd to anyone else? Do I have to go back and pull the threads on how bad Q, Williams was as a rookie?

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We hired a bald Muslim man , that has to be good for a 4th at least

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Because he is Muslim or Bald?

16. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

I have been calling Maye "Always Late" since his 2nd year... jus sayn

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Both. Just one or the other wouldn’t net much.

cval likes this.
  18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I think Niners got a 3rd.

FJF likes this.
  19. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

You forgot the part on how we passed up 2 clear franchise quarterbacks in the 1st round because somebody thought it would be a good idea to give Hackenberg a chance to be our starting QB.

Also that the rest of that awful 2017 draft ArDarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, Jordan Leggett, Dylan Donohue, Elijah McGuire, Jeremy Clark & Derrick Jones combined didn't amount to the stink of a good fart.

Hence, - why we find ourselves in the eternal grim situation we are in.

Leicester Jet, Jets79 and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Marcus Maye for Odell Beckham Jr.