Maybins Getting Fat (not really)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, May 1, 2012.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

quoted for truth...which is why what the bills fan that was posting, makes no sense at all..zilch, nada, zippo.

2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I saw every single one of Maybin's sacks last year. They are on Youtube. All 6 of his sacks came from him running at least 6 yards up the field and looping, eventually getting to the QB bc of some play breaking down. 1 of his sacks came while he was being blocked by a TE, 1 came while a RB was on him, and 1 came by accident when he was actually in coverage.

Until Maybin proves otherwise, that's really the only way for him to have success.

3. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Well weight and muscle are 2 different things. You can put on weight pretty much indefinitely, muscle on the other hand has a genetic limit.

It wouldn't serve much of a purpose for Maybin to add 25 lbs of fat.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Exactly! This guy is a pro athlete who is already mature. Chances are he is at a very high lean body weight mass. Hard to see him adding 25 pounds of mass without impacting his overall speed and reaction time unless he does it with drugs.

Maybin is effective as a speed rusher because of his speed not because of ability to move people which might be aided by shear body mass.

5. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Then you're not lifting right. I mean, I'm not saying I'm a super-exceptional athlete or anything, but lifting is my thing, it's what I do (besides playing football, haha).

And yes, gaining weight can ONLY be achieved by consuming more calories than you burn, but if you lift explosively, it will help recruit more fast-twitch muscle fibers, which will immensely help your speed.

Unfortunately, a few torn ACLs hindered my speed training *almost* permanently.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Please explain this:
    I have plenty more documented evidence of him successfully executing pass rush moves other than the outside speed rush where that came from so I'd suggest you stop talking out your ass.

7. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

Well I disagree with this statement.

Yes adding more calories than you burn will certainly add weight in the form of fat if you do nothing.

You can also add weight in form of muscle through weight lifting.

8. Bills over Jets

I saw that one too. Maybin ran up 7 yards past the line of scrimmage, like he always does to make his loop. The tackle was actually there, so he went back inside. What's your point? He has to make his 7 yard loop before he can do anything.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Just stop. You're full of shit.

10. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'm bullish on Maybin being able to play at a heavier weight for one reason. Kris Jenkins and Damien Woody are tutoring Maybin on the finer points of explosive dining, they've taken him under their wings... chicken wings no doubt.

11. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

A sack is a sack, it doesn't matter how you get it and it's pretty hilarious for you to call one of his sacks an ''accident''. Do they have a stat line for ''accidental'' sacks? Lets just wait until we see what happens on the field this season. I have a feeling that the Bills FO will be kicking themselves for letting him go and Bills fans like you will still be talking the same shit about all he can do is run 6 yards past the QB to try and loop back around. Still sounds like sour grapes to me.

12. Bills over Jets

How is that not EXACTLY what happened? lol.

13. Bills over Jets

Unless Maybin gains weight, learns how to play the run, and can be a full time starter, no one is going to regret releasing him.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sorry about the ACL. I know how frustrating injuries can be. My own experience as I get older is it's critical to lift to maintain lean body mass to keep overall weight down. Joints and tendons need to be considered and weight, milage and time aren't kind to them.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You said one thing and when it was contradicted, you changed your story. That is the text book definition of being full of shit. I can go play-by-play on your retarded and self-contradictory posts, if you want.

And since you have no idea that I can do it well, you'll dare me to. I'll tap my foot in suspense in the interim.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You can only add weight by adding calories above what you burn. Lifting weights and increasing muscle mass vs. fat will actually increase calories burned. You will lose weight if you lift and don't increase your calories. There is simply no way to gain weight and mass by simply lifting. You have to eat more.

17. mst3000

mst3000 Member

You do realize that 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage is...wait for it...exactly where the QB is, right?

Oh, dammit. I really have to stop feeding the trolls.

18. wfresh

wfresh New Member

thats a lot of muscle gain in a few months. hope they don't make him take a urine test for a while.

19. MURDR

MURDR Banned

This.

Yeah, BOTH my ACLs. That's bad itself, but the osteoarthritis is worse (I'm only 19). I cringe every time I see Rose's and Shumpert's injury. Will never forget that pain (seriously).

20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Of course, that is implied.

False. You cannot gain weight in the form of muscle mass unless your caloric intake is greater then your calorie burns. Simply put, it's anatomically and physically impossible. You can lift until your blue in the face....If you are not taking in more calories then you are burning you aren't going to gain a single pound of muscle...You will tone up and cut up but you aren't gaining any mass, end of story.