Maybins Getting Fat (not really)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, May 1, 2012.

1. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Per Rotoworld

Closer to being a real OLB

If hes up to 250 thatll be pretty damn awesome.

He will still be small for a 3-4 OLB, but at least he wont be the size of a hb or wr anymore

2. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

Might help to explain why OLB wasn't a priority in the draft this season. He is 6'-4", so he should have the frame to support the extra weight without compromising too much speed and quickness.

3. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

Maybe Rex gave him some of the 90 lbs that he has lost this summer!

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

Maybin about to do work

5. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

If Maybin can develop a few more moves and not be completely taken out of the game by tackles, the front 7 of the defense could become a strength of the team after being a weakness last season. An effective 3 down Maybin would cause me to get a raging hard on jk but not really though.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Im lovin this. If Maybin can add a few more pounds and gain some strength to the point where he’s not a liability in the run game, Im really liking the way this front 7 could shape up. At 6’4, he should be able to get to 250. That would be great... Last season he was playing at 220ish. You add 25-30lbs of muscle and he could be a great player for us.

Im excited.

We might actually be able to get to the QB with only bringing 4 with the addition of Coples and Maybin developing and adding weight...

7. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I'm not sure how long its going to take Jets fans to realize this, but with Maybin's genetic makeup, it isn't possible for him to get up to 250 and stay there. Numerous doctors have told him this and he knows it. If you've seen any of those pictures of him with his shirt off, look at how tiny his waist is. The waist is the best indicator of how much of a frame you can have.

It's his metabolism he said. Genetics, whatever you want to call it, but it just isn't happening. He's been trying to get to 250 and stay there for 5 straight years. I believe he actually did get to 250 once with the Bills, but he couldn't keep it up. You know there's a serious problem when you can't even gain weight.

8. Tonetime320

Tonetime320 Member

This is a good sign. I can't wait to see the defense this year.

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I am drolling ALL OVER myself

10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Me too.

/aaronmaybinfiller

11. Tonetime320

Tonetime320 Member

Sounds sexy man I might be just as excited to see that.

12. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Spose it was impossible for Maybin to ever get a sack too? :buffaloblows:

13. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

I am not sure I really see a big problem with his previous weight.

14. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Was that something he was medically diagnosed on based off science? Not sure how that even has anything to do with what this issue is.

15. tubby

tubby Active Member

If he can get to 250 and stay there, that's great. But he proved he can come in and make some plays even at a smaller weight. Hopefully Maybin can become more than just a situational pass rusher but at the moment that's exactly what he is.

16. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

How does one (who already has enough muscle mass to be a defensive nfl player) go about adding 20-30 pounds of pure muscle, without using steroids? The offseason isn't THAT long and 30 pounds seems hard to do without adding a decent amount of fat too. Although, I am an extreme ectomorph and it is extremely difficult for me to put on weight despite doing heavy lifting and eating like an animal, so maybe its all just about body type. However, 20-30 pounds of muscle is no small feat, what kind of workout would this require?

17. Tonetime320

Tonetime320 Member

Aaron Maybin was a rarely used lineman that lead the team in sacks. I don't know why you need science to show you that he flourished with a coach that knows how to use him. It doesn't matter where his weight is as far as slowing him down because he works hard to maintain his speed. He is a better player now for Rex and the Jets. A couple extra pounds isn't going to slow him down it will make him better at stopping the run so he can see more snaps. :buffaloblows:

/Billshatefiller.

/Dudesdroolingfiller.

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

He's done it before with the Bills, but wasn't able to keep it on.

Maybe now he can.

19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Show us proof. We want to see the science. Until then I am calling bullshit. Eat fucking food and you will become fat, fact there is no science against that.

20. cooterhooter

cooterhooter Banned

Exactly, that is part of the reason how he became a 1st round pick. Other part being horrible FO at the time. Don't get your hopes up is all I can tell you.