Martin&theJETS 2020 Mock Draft (Joe Douglas Please View)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Martin&theJETS, Feb 6, 2020.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

There might be 10+ prospects better then Pittman in this class, I don't think he's a lock at all in the 2nd. He needs to have a really good 40. Then again it's all about what you need on the team.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t agree that there are 10 WRs better than him but it is an extremely deep talented class. Either way I will be pretty darn happy if Jets came away with a T prospect at 11 and a WR like Pittman in the 2nd.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You don't think Fowler is going to want more than $10 million after this past season? I do think the Ravens will want to re-sign Judon and will try, but they may not have the cap space. I'm not sure how much space they do have, but I think they have some other big FAs.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't think he's a second round lock either and I think his 40 time will hurt him. Everytime you watch a USC game, their is a discussion about how great of a kid he is though. His interview will allow a team to fall in love with him. He plays faster than he is and he competed like a motherfucker for the ball. USC receiver pedigree helps him too.

Him in the second is good with me. The kids going to be a good NFL player.

5. 101GangGreen101

He's def a good receiver in a super deep receiving class. I am sure Darnold will be able to provide the Jets some feedback on Pittman too. They are working out together.

CeeDee Lamb
    Jerry Jeudy
    Henry Ruggs III
    Laviska Shenault Jr
    Jalen Reagor
    Tee Higgins
    Justin Jefferson
    Tyler Johnson
    Denzel Mims
    Brandon Ayiuk

That's 10 receivers right there with their stock around Pittman, Ayuik started seeing some of his cutups, an impressive receiver as well. I don't mind him in the 2nd, given we get a good lineman in the first.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

I want a good offensive lineman in the first as well. I'm just not sure that I'll be good with passing up Jeudy. The dude is phenonimal. I like Lamb a lot but he's not as polished of a prospect as Jeudy is. Lamb falls into that playmaker category. I think he'll be a good pro but I think he'll need to be 'used' more in a niche role early in his career. A lot of WR screens, shallow crosses and fly routes.

Jeudy to me is an instant 1,200 receiver and a huge QB helper. I'd have a harder time passing him up than Lamb. The three bolded above are my second round wishlist along with Pittman. I like Mims but he's too similar to Robby Anderson IMO. Not a big fan of Reagor or Shenault and I don't know much about Aiyuk unfortunately.

7. 101GangGreen101

Jeudy might be one of the more advanced route running receivers we've seen since Amari Cooper. His game is similiar to Marvin Harrison as well. He also gets better separation then Lamb, but Lamb is amazing at those 50/50 balls.

Reagor / Shenault aren't good fits for the Jets. Pittman / Jefferson / Johnson, I really like those fits for the Jets.

8. NCJetsfan

I haven't watched any film on Reagor yet, and only a little on Shenault. I'm curious why you don't see them as good fits for the Jets. I thought that one of Shenault's strengths was that he was great with YAC, and that is the type of WR that Gase wants. I'm pretty sure that Kurt thought that Shenault would be a good fit for Gase's offense.

9. 101GangGreen101

We have Crowder who is already a YAC machine. Darnold needs a receiver in the outside preferably a physical receiver with a strong catch radius. Pittman and Jefferson fit the description.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What Gase likes and what the Jets need are not necessarily in sync.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

If the Jets upgrade the OL in FA, I'd be comfortable with them skipping that for Jeudy with the first pick, otherwise I want them to take a stud OL, preferably Becton at 11 if he's still there.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

I think they are now. They definitely weren't when Maccagnan was here. But he has a history with Joe Douglas.

Whether what he likes is the proper way to go about building a football team is a different discussion for sure.

That's kind of where I'm at. I don't think Jeudy gets to 11 so it's less of an issue at that point. But I'd imagine we don't walk away with less than two-three offensive lineman. Two starters and at least one depth player. Re-sign Beachum and you can open up [offensive only] options at 11.

FJF and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

I'm not as optimistic that what Gse wants is good for the Jets, so I'm hoping that Douglas has his own vision and sticks to it, and if GAse doesn't like he ships his ass out and finds a HC that does.

Ralebird and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I want to see them do.....

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Come draft day, I think the Jets wind up with one of the top 4 OTs, hopefully Thomas falls to us.

If the 4 OTs and Jeudy are gone, I think they'd go edge but I can't justify taking Chaisson over Lamb. I can't come up with one single reason to do that, even if we somehow signed Cooper in FA. I'd rather give Darnold two legit #1 options than take Chaisson.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

If we're in a position where it makes sense to take Chaisson, we fucked up free agency and overspent a ridiculous amount on a number of different positions including receiver.

There are the top guards available in Thuney, Glasgow, and Scherff and I'm cool with grabbing one, but it's not like there aren't guards that will be 10x better than what we had anyway as well.

We pick 11th. There are 6 offensive players we could use; the four tackles and the two receivers. We have to imagine that one will fall. If not and a desireable QB is there than we should be in a good trade down position where we can still get a good edge rusher.

Agreed though. It literally has to be offense. I like Epenesa more than Chaisson anyways.

ColoradoContrails, NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Okudah is the only defensive player I'd take at 11, but there's virtually no chance he's there.

I want us to land Thuney and Conklin in FA, but it's just not realistic to expect to land 2 of the top 5-6 offensive linemen.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

I'm curious why you like Epenesa more than Chaisson. I know that Epenesa had more experience and production in college than Chaisson, and is more polished. Is that why? If not, unless the Jets are transitioning full time to the 4-3 D alignment, I don't see it. Epenesa is only a fit as a 4-3 DE or 3-4 DE. Chaisson is more versatile and could play both 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE. Chaisson is more athletic and faster. That said, I don't want either one of them. I agree that if all 6 of those offensive players are gone by #11, then there's probably a QB some team will trade up for. If not, I'd rather the Jets accept less than what they would normally demand and trade down anyway and get something (at least a 3rd), or reach for the next best offensive player rather than take another defensive player at #11.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

I'm not a fan of undersized edge rushers. You have to take them off the field on early downs because of the threat of the run. It's the reason why players like Bruce Irvin/Vic Beasley, as athletic as they are/were, flame out. They also get engulfed by big tackles pretty easily.

Epenesa is a complete player. We played both odd and even fronts last year. The NFL is moving away from 3-4/4-3 style defenses and we're no different. Some teams still play them. But if the player is more comfortable on the edge with his hand down, then let him put his hand down.

Epenesa is fast enough to play the strong side edge. He's going to be a good player. Chaisson is going to fly up the boards when he runs well. A great athlete that could be a good player, but I think there's a bigger bust factor.

20. NCJetsfan

I agree that there is a higher bust factor with Chaisson since he's largely unproven and is pure potential at this point. 249 pounds is a bit undersized for a 4-3, but not in a 3-4 alignment or some hybrid-type alignment where we want pass rush from the LB position, and he can put on weight. Epenesa can't play OLB. He's too heavy, and is strictly a DL, and we have no need on the DL, whereas we do at OLB when we're in a 3-4 or some sort of hybrid alignment where we'd want a pass rush from the LB position.

But as I said, I don't want either. Chaisson because of his bust potential and Epenesa because of his scheme limitations and we don't need yet another DL with our #1 pick. I will be very unhappy if either is the Jets' pick at #11 or even after a trade down.

The only defensive player I'd be ok with at #11 is Okudah, and he would be a last resort if the top 6 offensive players were taken already and we couldn't trade down.