Marshall on Revis Island

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RunLeonRun, Apr 15, 2010.

1. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

Guy is good but with Cromartie you can now roll double coverage on him so who knows. But as it has been said before if rex wants to take away a part of your game he will do it

2. Gunther

Gunther Member

That is the match-up of the year. Brandon Marshall is a beast. He is definitely strong. We shall see. Revis is truly getting tested early in his career going up against such great talent week in and week out. I can't remember any CB having to travel such a difficult road as Revis has and still holds it down. This match-up will open all eyes.

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

locking away marshall on revis island will only ehance the great one's shot a DPOY

4. Revis is at his best when he has a chip on his shoulder...so Thanks Brandon..

Oh yeah...and the color's teal and orange aren't allowed on Revis island.

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Name a WR that Revis didn't shut down last year... and not one that didn't play against him. :smile: Marshall is talented, but I'm putting my money on the Island.

6. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Brandon better stock up on some SPF-30, he is going to fry on the island.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/179/revis-island-vs-marshall

8. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Just to confirm the stupidity that a Jet fans deals with on a minute-by-minute basis living in S FL. I commented on a message board down here that, while adding Marshall was a great move, the Jets are best equipped to deal with him because of Revis. The responses that I got ranged from, "Ginn made Revis his bitch" to "Revis is overrated, Marshall will own him." It was hysterical hearing them trash the Holmes trade because of his 'character' issues, but when BM was acquired, not a peep.

I have friends that are fans of the Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Steelers, etc. all teams that have no real reason to hate Miami or their fans. But, without exception, they ALL hate the Dolphins because of their fans. Easily the most clueless fan base in the NFL

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're obviously getting responses from homers that do not know football. I've talked to some Phin fans that do know football and they know what kind of titanic matchup Marshall v. Revis is.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I know it was a rainy day but the last time these two matched up Revis held him to 5 receptions and 55 yards with no TDs. Marshall had Cutler throwing him the ball and Cutler threw for 357 yards that day. Just food for thought.

11. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Well one guy who we don't have to worry about stopping on Revis Island this year is Ted Ginn, Jr, who decided to have the only 2 good games of his career against the Jets. He's been traded to the 49ers, per Jay Glazer, for a late round pick.

12. ........

........ Trolls

LOL.

It's more likely they both get fists.

13. patcrain01

patcrain01 New Member

All teams have the bandwagoners and homers. This isn't relegated just to the Dolphins.

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

zinger alert!
    That has nothing to do with Abyzmal's point.

15. patcrain01

patcrain01 New Member

I know. I agree with him. I was just commenting on another post that he replied to.

I should have double quoted...my bad.

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Ginn made one play against Revis lol. Watch the other 6 games.

17. TheDon

TheDon New Member

This should be fun to watch 4 years 2 come, The Island is (imho) the best cover corner in the game today and it will be an awesome match-up twice a year and who knows maybe even 3 times a year the way I'm seeing it. Both of our teams seem to be making very bold moves.........it's between us for the next few years and I'm not a homer so I'll give props and say roster 4 roster you have a slim edge as of right now but lets see how the draft unfolds.

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I love it!!!!!

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The point about the WR being less of a factor than the QB throwing to him is indisputable. That said, QB's did not look at Revis last year and decide not to throw at him. He was in the top 5 in terms of passes directed his way. Those passes then promptly turned into incompletes at a near historical rate.

I expect Marshall to have 5 or 6 balls a game at least go his direction against Revis next year. He might catch 2 or 3 of them if he's lucky.

20. Phinstd

Phinstd New Member

Revis is the best CB in the NFL, no one doubts that. However, Marshall makes Miami better, and I doubt any Jet fan doubts that (top-3 WR in the NFL at 26).

The Phins did beat the Jets twice last year and have gotten markedly better. The Jets should be markedly better as well.

The AFC East is really good, and this matchup should be a fun one.