Marshall’s airing of (2015) grievances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Dec 24, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

im am not browning nagle lol.. they let you pick funny screen names here, ok Mr. J-Raw

2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Point is Marshall had a lot of talent and was a top 5 wr for several years. He was on garbage teams that had almost no talent, so yeah he didn't make the playoffs. But to deny how good he was is ridiculous. It you point him on a decent team at the time then he would be even better. His off the field issues were the main thing holding him back. Withoit those any good tram would habe taken him. Personally I would have taken him over any of the crack pots we had at that time. I mean Santonio and Braylon both had their own issues, he was better than both.

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

It’s why Revis will never be a “Great Jet” to me. Was he a hall of fame player for those prime years? Sure. But when I think of Jet greats I think of Namath, the sack exchange, Curtis Martin, etc. I like those guys who were greats for our franchise and not solely themselves.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

mark Gastineau, the face of the sack exchange, was one of the most selfish players to suit up for this team

Since1969 likes this.
  5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Not overall but they had a better single season combined though you could argue for ‘67-68 (either one) for Maynard and Sauer. But they had peak Joe Willie throwing to them and Marshall/Decker had noodle arm Fitzmagic.

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Revis also has a gold jacket (or will) and a SB ring, two things Brandon will never get.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I htink some people on this board are massively UNDERRATING Brandon Marshall.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As a player or a broadcaster?

'Cause he sucks at one of 'em...

jonnyd likes this.
  9. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

He doesn't have one yet. And I agree he played good enough for a few years to get one
    He was a great player.... when he gets off the field he's worthless. Even when he was a Jet he was doing footballs news and and it was almost unwatchable..

10. Darrelle & Sheldon look forward to the feats of strength.

J-Raw24 likes this.