Marshall’s airing of (2015) grievances

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Dec 24, 2019.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He'd definitely hold out for more money or more booze or weed or something.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

Yes, the dumbfuck wanted Revis back, and we were lucky that we weren't charged with tampering for Woody's comments in the media.

BrickcityJet likes this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

We were. It was a fine. Didn't lose picks or anything thankfully, but honestly that wouldn't have mattered look at our picks the following year... Not sure how I feel about this. Good on him for speaking his mind and I agree Revis at that point was a waste of money... and the Johnsons are morons... But he wasn't exactly great that year. He dropped balls and he's also a bit of a drama queen.

#23 J-Raw24, Dec 24, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Revis made a 'business decision' to come back to the Jets.

I remember that game well. Sat in the freezing cold in Buffalo watching Reivs play 10-15-even 20 yards at times off Sammi Watkins. Revis got eating alive, especially on shallow crossing routes that they threw over and over again. On 3rd and short, Revis was playing 15 yards off the LOS. All. Day. Long.

I don't recall Richardson one way or the other. I was too pissed at Revis to even notice.

5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I kind of agree, but it WAS Marshall's best and last chance to make the playoffs, and on a certain level I appreciate that game galled him as much as it galled the fans watching.

His distaste for Sheldon has been well-known for a while but this is the first I remember him really taking out Revis.

NYJFOREVER, FJF and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Marshall wasn't that great that year?

Marshall finished the season with 109 receptions on 174 targets for 1,502 yards and 14 touchdowns. Marshall's 109 receptions ranked fifth in the NFL for the 2015 season. Marshall finished in the top-5 among NFL wide receivers in targets, receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns in 2015. He was named to his sixth Pro Bowl and was ranked 25th by his fellow on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2016.

He was dog turd the next season though.

7. J-Raw24

Thanks for correcting me. I thought they were reversed. Thats said he did make the drop in the last game but he help did carry team that year. He was still a drama queen. I remember seeing him on tv a lot. He was trying to get on one of the football morning shows. But again he's right sbout Revis and the Johnsons dumbass moves.

K'OB likes this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He was a drama queen and he did drop that catch and a few others lol have a good day mate :)

#28 K'OB, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    NCJetsfan and J-Raw24 like this.
  9. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

What a disappointment Sheldon Richardson’s career has become after such a great start.

Stevied likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Brandon Marshall is a disgrace. One of the most embarrassing players this organization has ever had

Revis owned his ass his whole career, so I suspect it makes him feel better to go after him for 1 single game in which they were teammates

11. J-Raw24

The years he is speaking of Revis was a shit bag who just took money from the Johnsons and in return played like garbage. In his prime Revis was great. When he returned to the Jets he was bad.

Marshal was good until the 2016 season when he began to taper off.. as stated above he did put up over 1500 yards for us. He was a good player. Off the field he was drama and an embarrassment. On the field he was a good player regardless.

FJF likes this.
  12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

For one season Marshall and Decker may well have been the best single-season WR tandem in team history. Better than Toon-Walker, better than Keyshawn-Chrebet.

K'OB likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Four teams in four years. And people thought he was potentially worth $100 million.

Not that giving Wilkerson a deal was any better but he was at least somewhat of a bargain in comparison.

And all along we should've just given Damon Harrison the $9 million per year he got and been done with it.

14. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Reavis played 10 yards off the ball his second time he was here...so frustratng.

15. NCJetsfan

No way they were better than Maynard & Sauer, Jr. Not even in the same area code.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Our run defense has been fine without Harrison. What we really should've done is stop using first rounders on D-linemen who aren't pass rushers.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why bring up all this shit 4 years later? Where was this in 2016? 2017? Dredging up old shit is a loser's way of payback for some perceived slight that happened at the time. Fuck this old shit. That was then and we have an entirely new set of issues to deal with now.

#37 Cman68, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

Marshall is a douchebag and a loser. There’s a reason he never played in a playoff game

19. J-Raw24

wow. You support Gase who is a horrible coach but deny Marshall was actually a good football player. Are you really one of the Johnsons? Those to thing make mr realize you don't know much about football... truth is most good receivers are a bit of divas and the ones that aren't are on the same team almost their whole career.

20. BrowningNagle

Adam Gase is not a wife beater like Marshall is. Duh man

part of the reason he was never on a good team is because they knew he was a distracted loser. Good teams don’t want that

—-

Even this... he’s going after Darrelle Revis for 1 game that happened 4 years ago. What a douche. I remember drops he had down the stretch that year too, and I’m sure Revis does. But he’s not bringing it up because he’s not a douche bag loser like marshall