Mark Sanchez Will Be QB As Long As Rex Ryan Is Coach.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Organized Chaos, Nov 18, 2011.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

If there's one thing I've learned about Rex Ryan is that when he speaks to the media he's full of shit at least 50% of the time.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Like Eric Mangini had 2-3 shit seasons before he went? Like Terry Bradway had 2-3 shit seasons before he got demoted?

Woody Johnson does not accept inept management or coaching at any level based on what we've seen so far. Eric Mangini got a pass off of the 4-12 in 2007 because it was his second season and the blame for the debacle it turned into was diffused by the injuries, lack of talent at key positions and the fact that he had made the playoffs in 2006. When 2008 turned into a disaster at the end he was gone.

Terry Bradway was demoted after one rudderless season when the Jets declined suddenly into a bad team.

Neither Rex nor Tannenbaum has a disaster on the cuff at this point. Rex is a loose-cannon who has embarrassed the organization already on several occasions. Tannenbaum has already lived through one disaster season on his watch and he apparently didn't learn anything from it because the Jet's offensive line was both thin and less talented than you need to be to compete in the AFC East this season. He narrowly avoided a total debacle when Mangold's first injury as a Jets was not season-ending.

Both of those guys would be out the door if the Jets missed the playoffs this year and then collapsed next year. Hell, Ryan would probably get himself fired in mid-season by letting the stress get to him and doing something really stupid in a non-football way.

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Rex and Tanny have also reached greater heights than their predecessors. I think it would earn them at least one more season of leeway. Also, your last line doesn't seem grounded in reality.

4. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I have a very low IQ but I'm positive the only thing that matters in football is the guy they hike the ball to.

I'm hungry and I already ate all of the pudding cups.

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Mangini didnt get to back to back AFC championship games. I would also point out that tanny has been light years ahead of Bradway as far as drafting and free agents. Sure there are screwups from time to time but I think they have a lot more slack than Mangini or Bradway did.

Hopefully we will not find out!

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

he also said Gholston could play, Kerry Rhodes is Ed Reed, and Feet are awesome

7. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I don't know if that is true or not, but if it is then he doesn't belong in the league. If his confidence and fortitude is that weak, I don't see how he can function in the big time. A quote like that should work to make a pro say "oh yeah? Ef U, I'm going to show you something" and then step up his game.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I also heard Ryan had said this, but I don't know what to make of it. It may be him saying what he thinks he needs to right now to in order to motivate the team, particularly Sanchez. He might even believe it, at least in terms of what are the odds. But in the end, it's not like he's got some contract or something that says he can't get rid of Sanchez and remain as HC.

Bottom line is that while i am unhappy with Sanchez and think he is less than likely to become an adequate NFL Qb, he will be here at least through the end of next season. He could really suck before then and play himself out of a job, but I doubt the Jets make a major move before the end of next yera to replace him.

9. Br4d

Rex Ryan lives on the edge at this point.

His mouth writes checks that his team can't cash. His defenses crumble at the worst moments. He can't control himself in public and he has put stuff out on the web that has caused deep embarrassment to the Jets.

If the Jets declined significantly at any point now Ryan would likely go off the deep end and say something profane to the wrong person or act out in another way and he'd get fired with great remorse by the Jets.

This is just reality.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Define embarrassment. See, I am more embarrassed to have a pathetic head coach who can't put a quality product out on the field. If Rex acts like a fool in public once in a while but continues to produce winning teams, I'd take that any day of the week.

Yes, he needs to control himself. I just dont think the Jets fire him over something like this if it happens again. He's far too valuable.

11. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

What if Mark gets miraculously better under a new OC? Why don't we let the year play out and see what happens.

I still want Rex here for 10 years. I don't give a shit if he drops an F bomb on live TV while he's jacking off to Jenny Ventras feet.

Rex has made the Jets relevant and put the team in the national spotlight like only once before. 5 prime time games - when was the last time the Jets had 5 prime time games?

Rex's leash should be pretty long since his winning percentage is better than all past coaches and Jets are making a metric fuck-ton of money for Woody Johnson being a national presence. He's motivated the fan base and raised expectation like no other coach. If that shit head Bill Cowher had 13 years to win a SB in Pitt, Rex should probably have half that at the very least. It would be nice to have some stability at the HC spot for this team after having a coaching turn-style for the last 2 decades.

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sanchez needs to man up stop letting Schotty affect his confidence.

Schotty's pussy playcalling is turning Sanchez into a lame duck passer...We have seen Sanchez throw great passes before.

I don't even think they run the deep ball plays in practice

13. Br4d

I don't think they fire him either. As long as he keeps winning. If he starts losing he's toast and quickly burning toast at that.