Mark Sanchez Will Be QB As Long As Rex Ryan Is Coach.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Organized Chaos, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

For that matter you should have added Walt Michaels, Bill Parcells, Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet and Herm Edwards who all have more than 25 wins as head coach of the Jets. Now if he meant more wins in 2 years it would take some more digging but I doubt even that is correct.

2. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets go 3-13 next season the management staff will be completely swept out for 2013. That's from Tannenbaum on down and including Rex.

Rex has major non-football baggage at this point. He can't lose big and keep his job. Tannenbaum is working on his second head coach after the first one failed. He doesn't have three coaches in him, almost no GM's do.

#23 Br4d, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  4. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Actually, I did google it before posting, and I meant winning percentage and playoff games. I'm sorry you couldn't manage to fill that gap, but I think some of the other posters helped you out.

5. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Interesting, I don't think Rex's extracurricular activities really factor into it much. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know how much Woody Johnson cares about that sort of stuff more than winning. I would think Rex and Tanny would have at least 2-3 shit seasons of leeway before they'd be replaced.

6. releasesanchez

releasesanchez New Member

I once thought you were a great coach but saying you will stick with Sanchez no matter what and Shotty still being our Oc makes me wonder, for such a great defensive mind you are a terrible evaluator(mangini like). Maybe you should only be a defensive coach like your brother in this league. In any regards your going to let Sanchez and Shotty get you fired in the long term, because our defense is getting older year by year and once it falls apart you better hope Sanchez is playing like hes a #5 pick and a 18 million dollar player or else we will be 1-15.

#26 releasesanchez, Nov 19, 2011
  7. titan999

titan999 Active Member

But let's really look at this, beyond the rhetoric and the sound bites. The Jets were absolutely gifted a playoff spot on a silver platter in 2009 and to their credit did better than anyone expected, making the AFC Championship. No issues with Sanchez's rookie season. The problem is that his overall body of work has been consistently mediocre and he has not made the progression that good young QBs need to make. He is making the same mistakes he did as a rookie and his football IQ really needs to be called into question.

The reality is that unless the Jets win the AFC East, and aren't forced to run the table on the road every season in the playoffs (provided they get in, of course, which is unlikely this season), their chances of winning a SB are remote during the Brady/ Belichick era, which figures to last at least several more years. Without a QB who is able to play at a consistently high level, the Jets will never get to the promised land. This is not Sanchez. And this is why the Jets need to bring in a big-time QB next season.

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

rex doesn't coach offense. he's stuck until the end of this season.

shotty should and will be replaced unless rex has a failure wish.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

favre retired. nobody else is available as a free agent, unless the colts save money by releasing peyton. given his medical issues, he might be like favre after the buffalo game when he got injured. the jets went down after that.

10. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I hope this is just non-sense he spews for the media. If the goal is SB's, as Rex says in every interview, you simply need a better qb than Mark Sanchez (unless Mark miraculously gets a lot better starting with Buffalo)..

11. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

You obviously havent met Roger Goodell, or watched the Pats, Colts, Packers, Chargers, Saints play much. Thats ALL that most of these teams in the nfl are. Just QBs + those "other guys"

12. ........

........ Trolls

No. They won't dump him after next season. They also won't dump Sanchez after next season. He'll either restructure this offseason (most likely) and have his 2013 salary all but guaranteed, or he'll be an absolute bargain on his current contract.

Either way, this has more to do with how Rex views Sanchez than anything else.

13. ........

........ Trolls

And neither Rex nor Sanchez is going anywhere through 2013. That's your leeway.

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

In less than a month the herd of wildly emotional retards has swung from "I hope Rex is our coach for a decade" to "Maybe 1 more year, tops."

15. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

And thats what he should say
    the kid basically lost the game for us, he needs to get psychological support to improve and win the next 6 games

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Loyalty can be a double edged sword. If Ryan is serious about sticking with Sanchez no matter what, can we expect anything different when it comes to Jim Leonard and Bart Scott? Once you become one of Rex's guys, you're golden. I guess that goes for Pettine and Schotty too..

God help us all..

Here's a question.. Has Rex Ryan EVER fired ANYBODY?

#36 Cman68, Nov 19, 2011
  17. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Yes. He has fired assistant coaches when he doesn't think they fit.

18. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

This is probably as good a thread as any to highlight the great play Sanchez made to pick up 4th & 19 on the final drive. Makes it all the more maddening to think of Schotty's surrender calls on every other 3rd and long we ever face.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Its a press conference - believe nothing. Its always funny when people actually believe what coaches say at press conferences. Believe nothing.

20. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Really?? Is that really what happened??? Sanchez missed two field goals? Sanchez took a bad angle on the Tebow touchdown? Sanchez called that ridiculous blitz on the Tebow TD? Sanchez called 14 first down running plays in the first half when Sanchez was completing 17 of 20 passes???? Sanchez was the starting running back who hurt his ribs? Sanchez fumbled the kick off? Sanchez shanked the punt in the first half that led to a FG? Sanchez was on the OL that could not protect the QB? Sanchez made the decision to go with an extra DB on that last Denver drive when the base defense shut the Broncos down all day? Sanchez missed all those tackles on the last drive?

The pick 6 was bad, but it was one play. Even after that, the Jets had the lead and the ball on the Denver 45 with 8 minutes left to play and from that point forward the OC sucked as usual and vaunted Jets defense failed at the most important point in the game. The game was lost in those 8 minutes, not by a play in the third quarter.

Let's not forget how the Jets got lucky on their TD also. If Slauson doesn't fall on the ball, the Jets would have been in a 3-3 game in the third quarter. The blame for this loss goes to many many players and people in this organization. It is the simplistic fans and experts that always look to the QB because that is easy.

There is much much more that is wrong with this team than the QB that needs fixing this offseason. He may not be Manning, but he is not Russell either. He is fine if the team around is fine, just like 90% of other QBs in the league. Right now, this team has some huge problems, including the OL, which is the biggest part of this team's regression.