Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Dont even waste your time with Sanchez homers. They dont use logic in their arguments, just strawman arguments

2. jlee499

jlee499 Member

At this point in time, Sanchez is the best QB we have on our roster. But no one on here can tell me that McElroy is not, or will not be any good, without first seeing him play in the NFL.

I was not trying to argue who the better QB is, just that to dismiss McElroy without giving him a chance, is misguided.

I apologize for getting upset with you, you are right, you did not start this discussion.

3. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

its all good dude, i was unnecessarily a 'smart-ass' so i apologize, but to my defense, its the internet, a cesspool of sarcasm and bickering haha

4. jlee499

jlee499 Member

Cool... we are good.

5. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

:beer:

filler

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He's presently the starting QB for your New York Jets.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez does not have an inferior arm. Whatever else you can say about him he puts as much zip on the ball as the average QB and more than some.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Who said he was no good? He is probably a very competent back up QB who is capable of winning games on occassion. He doesn't have the tools to be a quality NFL starter. Sanchez with all his issues does. Why would you give up on this season and put a ceiling on the team by putting a QB who has very limited range, can't make all the throws and will allow defenses to shorten the field that they need to cover?

9. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

Mark will never be a top 10 NFL QB, but he has looked and played more confident with Santonio Holmes out of the line up. I don't want to see Holmes in a Jets jersey again. Get what we can for him and lets get another offensive weapon. The no name guys have stepped up and with another team oriented WR, we can be better.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Unless he is given a chance, we will never know. The main point of the thread is to indicate he just sucks. There doesnt have to be a better back up waiting in the wings to acknowledge the obvious.

11. jlee499

jlee499 Member

I'm so over trying to make people on here understand what I am saying.

At no time, or at least not to my recollection, have I advocated replacing Sanchez with McElroy. My only complaint is with the people who have stated, in so many words, he does not have the tools to play in the NFL. That he has a noodle arm, is just a manager, and played at Alabama where he had a great defense and running backs to move the ball.

I hear you when you say "he has very limited range, can't make all the throws and will allow defenses to shorten the field that they need to cover". Those were the same arguments used against Pennington but when healthy, he was a very good QB, arguably one of the Jets best over the years.

I'm just saying that he deserves a shot if Sanchez goes down or is benched... before paying too much money on a backup QB from another team.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets could really use a two-way threat out of the backfield on all downs at this point. Ray Rice has made Flacco into an acceptable NFL QB. If the Jets want to keep Sanchez as the trigger guy here they need to give him a similar option.

The Jets have not had a two-way star in the backfield ever. They've had good runningbacks who could catch the ball on an outlet, like McNeil, Curtis, Murrell and TJ. They've had 3rd down backs who were a threat to break one on any play, like Harper, Hector, Washington and LT late. They've never had a game-breaker like Craig, Faulk, LT in his prime or Ray Rice to force defenses to play straight up on all 3 downs.

The Jets aren't just missing WR's and TE's this year, they're missing the strong outlet receiver that people like LT, Cotchery and Washington gave them in years past.

Sanchez accuracy and touch on short passes isn't very good but the fact that the Jets don't have a superior outlet receiver just makes that weakness more glaring.

Think about the 58 yard Cotchery run against the Pats in the playoffs. Think about the 74 yard run LT came up with last year. That capability is just missing from the offense at this point.

13. NewYorkEveryThing

Sanchez will get his usual pass until next week cause he looked decent against an inferior defense in the colts.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

He will get a pass for a year because our team will over achieve with a weak schedule and keep it close and all the people who don't realize he is an absolute BUM will say he needs help blah, blah, blah and we will lose another two years with him at QB and miss another chance at a real Franchise QB in the draft.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

FIXED! :jets::jets::jets:

16. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

The arm has never been his problem, it's his brain. He's not a smart QB period.

He lack the QB intelligence to simply take the sack instead of throwing in up in the air (which almost always gets intercepted), have an idea where his receivers are going to be, or read defenses and call an audible at the line.

If you can take Pennington’s brain and put it in Sanchez body, you would have the best Jets QB of all time.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Sanchez needs to be on Dr.Phil. He has a mental block that keeps him from achieving success consistently. Once he comes to terms with his homosexuality, he will be a better QB.

18. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Wow bro. Homophobic much? Will you stop at nothing to diss Sanchez? Someone ban this fool.

19. Tenn_JetsFanatic

I still have concerns, because he hasn't proved his consistency yet

20. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

+1.. This guy's a moron.

Hey TNJ, so you're saying you bang your sister, and once you come to terms with that, you'll be a better person? I mean, you are from hick Tennessee.