Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

he did play better. still had tipped balls, but he did play better than the last 4 weeks.

2. BleednGreen247

thread flop :rofl:

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

How is it a thread flop? Those 82 passing yards really shut all the haters up let me tell ya....

4. Clown

Clown New Member

Your are right, I was pissed off at the crazy comments on this thread and your username was chosen. You were the example / victim, deal with it.

5. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't consider closing this thread until we see a few weeks of consistent game managing to great games in the upcoming games.

6. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I love that we have a game manager as a top 5 pick in his 4year, and we are happy about it. Not to mention he missed 7 passes, and didn't throw a pass over 15 yards. He did throw a good pass to S. Hill, but a better catch.

7. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

I'm not going to take anything away from Sanchez from today's game... It was a game we were suppose to win and Greene came through and Sanchez did what he had to.

With that said, Sanchez is a very average quarterback. If he sucks, we get blown out and that has been the way it has been since he came into this league. If he ever wants to become a great quarterback, he'll have to learn to finds way to win even when the rest of the team is under performing.

A lot of you Sanchez lovers (I'm assuming jumped onto the bandwagon from USC/LA) can say a lot of reasons why it wasn't his fault when we lose but can't say what he did great in.

8. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Considering the outcome of your argument I wouldn't say I was the victim...I think you did a fine job of victimizing yourself in this thread.

9. wildaces

wildaces Banned

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

11. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

When you have a team that had the personnel that this team did the past few weeks - you can only be a game manager.

It doesn't matter whether you drive a Honda or a Mercedes. If the car you plan on driving is missing a wheel, a spark plug, etc. you are not going anywhere.

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

a car will still drive without a sparkplug...j/s

otherwise a great analogy

13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Bullshit

Great QB's can do it with anyone

See Drew Brees, Brady, Elway, Marino

14. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I would say that his performance today was more dictated by the running game being so effective and the positive field position that the defense provided on a few of the drives. Yea he had 82 yards but he had some good 3rd down pickups and a few good throws.

I still think that he is damaged goods but we shall see if they can beat New England next week.

15. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

"Shut up haters"? No, you are correct there (and only there). Given today's performance, looking forward, Sanchez now will be starting until at least Week 10. As for this thread, you're failing to acknowledge that the main implication (and purpose of) a "Mark Sanchez sucks" thread is that Tebow would perform better. So, yes, thread's a flop.

16. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Put in a new spark plug, put on a new wheel, etc, the car will still perform. However, put a child behind the wheel, and you probably aren't getting to where you want to be.

17. 1968jetsfan

The problem is it's not just this season, Sanchez has never to this point been anything more than a bottom 1/4 of the league QB. It's been the case all through his career thus far.

18. 1968jetsfan

I don't need to see Sanchez reach that level (though as a top 5 paid QB it would help, top 5 in relevance to cap space taken anyways).
    I'd be happy if he just turned in a league average season where he was above the bottom 1/4 and below the top 1/4 in most categories for a season. I'm not looking for a miracle or elitism, just average at this point.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Misconception. Great QBs can win regular season games with anyone. Great QBs cannot win Super Bowls with anyone and that's our ultimate goal.

And Brees is 1-4 this year. Bad time to pick him.

20. skeleton_frames

True. And unless he reaches it at some point in next season he's likely gone at end of the 2013 season where the team can save $8 million in cap by cutting him. Of course, they'd need a better option on the roster at that time unless they have a ridiculously high pick.

Having said that, he's all but guaranteed to be on the roster through next season according to the numbers at Jets Cap.