Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Most people are morons who are incapable of seeing a cause-effect relationship. The tires on are car aren't fully inflated, the car eats up gas, the car sucks with gas mileage.

How can anyone expect Sanchez to have any success winning a game with our RB/TE/WR group. It sucks worse than Sanchez on his worst day, yet Sanchez! Sanchez! Sanchez!

Sanchez has shown he stinks - but it isn't as if he has anything to work with. ANYTHING. When your best offensive weapon is Kerley, uh-oh!

2. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

What I can say on the positive is kerkey does look legit and should have a big season. Cumberland has his moments, but they need Keller back...I would like to see two TE sets with them.

Aside from that Sanchez needs to develop chemistry and trust with other receivers.

No running game .... NONE will kill any offense and the Jets aren't even making a defense think about the run. One dimensional offense is very tough on a QB lacking weapons.

3. onsight914

onsight914 New Member

All this being accurate, it does NOT explain consistently poor mechanics and poor decisions

4. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I put this in a different thread, but probably belongs here.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Mark Sanchez's 48.4 completion percentage is the lowest through five games (min. 100 attempts) since JaMarcus Russell's 42.1 in 2009.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    The last Jets QB with a lower completion percentage through five team games than Mark Sanchez's: Joe Namath (48.3) in 1975.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Mark Sanchez's league-low 48.4% completion rate is nearly 6% worse than the next closest QB (Andrew Luck-- 54.2%). #nyj

5. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

i know you are trying to put down mark but u r showing y stats r misleading

so you are saying that mark is comparable to a HOFer in Namath and a guy that the media is touting to be the next P. Manning in Andrew Luck.. I like the company that sanchez is keeping.

6. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I'm not saying anything. Adam Schefter and Manish are tweeting facts and I'm copy/pasting. Get off Mark's nuts.

7. Pavelboca

Pavelboca Active Member

Mark Sanchez's passer rating on the season is 66.6. Can't wait until the religious Tebow nuts discover that one.

8. Mr. Green Pants

Misleading? Putting aside the fact that Namath is/was way overrated, he played in a different era. A 48% completion percentage is not acceptable in today's passing NFL. And Luck is in the growing pains stage of his career. It's not a good thing that our fourth year QB is in his company when it comes to this.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Where is the stat that says Jet WR and TE have a combines 70 career catches? Or that the jets have the fewest pass attempts to running backs? Or that the Jets are the worst rushing team in football?

Take Darren Sproles away from Drew Brees...QBs need that outlet option and the Jets failed miserably to replace LT. Once again this falls on Tanny so see the team he put together and say we need a pass catching running back option.

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

did our HB/WR/TE's not consistently get open all night long? our wepons suck, but last night they did a great job getting open and making plays. we left a TON of points on the field.

missed bomb to cromartie.

sack taking us out of FG range when your only job is to make sure we dont lose yardage.

didnt throw to a wide open shilens on 2nd down from the 4 yard line instead throwing to a covered guy and having it tipped for an incompletion.

a better player makes a few of those plays, and we win the game. i agree, overall, sanchez doesnt have much to work with. but those guys played well enough and got open enough for us to win. we left too many points out there

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

In 1975, the top 5 passers in the NFL had between 57.7% and 64.2% completion percentages. There were only two QBs over 60%. Different era.

Luck also already looks way better than Sanchez.

12. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Let me stress for those of you that are sensitive to Sanchez's feelings. I am just copy/pasting a tweet with no opinion attached.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Mark Sanchez's 66.6 passer rating is 31st in the NFL. Only Cassel and Weeden are worse. #nyj

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Jets are 28th in total offense. Schotty's rams are 29th. So it could be worse, Jets fans.

13. jlee499

jlee499 Member

Being a JETS fan is the most stressful thing I know! Not only do I have to watch our team 'play' at playing professional football, but also must endure reading so many excuses for our teams failure on the field. Excuses that revolve around a QB who, after 3 years, has no grasp of the position he plays. He can look good driving us down the field and then when we appear to be in good position to score, and the fans are actually into the game, he does something stupid. Whether it is Sanchez's fault or the receivers fault or the OL's fault or whoever... losing the game is losing the game and we need to break this pattern. I'm not a Sanchez fanatic, a Tebow fanatic or even a McElroy fanatic... I just want the JETS to win and this organization to get it's shit together.

That has to start somewhere and QB is as good a position as any. It's one man replaced by another, to at least see what we have in our 'arsenal', and to find out if we can get some kind of chemistry working in our favor.

All these loyalties and reasons for staying the course need to be put aside and we 'have' to do something.

14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

To borrow from your analogy we have a car but one tire is flat. Now we have a brand new tire ready to go on the sideline, but we prefer to keep driving on with the flat because hey that tire is your most expensive tire.

Rex needs to change the damn flat and put Tebow in as the QB.

Fuck Sanchez's feelings, how much he makes, the media storm etc...

If you want to win you try to fix the problem, not just hope it fixes itself.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the flat tire is the backup who takes the aur out of any momentum we have whenever he comes in for his thrilling 1 yard runs.

16. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

He's at least averaging 4.1 ypc with a long of 22. Not getting that kinda production out of the backs. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/13200/tim-tebow

17. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

More unbiased twitter stats.

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
    #Jets QB Mark Sanchez has completed 54 of his last 127 passes (42.5%) for 697 yards (5.49 YPA), 2 TDs, 5 INTs. Also 4 fumbles in that span.

18. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

The problem is - and I am not defending Sanchez so much as I am trying to be reasonable - the bomb to Cro was the only one of the entire game, one of few of the entire season. You miss that one opportunity and it isn't coming back. Sanchez has an enormously small window for opportunity. As a result, his margin of error threshold is microscopic.

Sanchez made a lofty throw to Cro, wide of the target, which was a LITTLE off - Recall that Cro caught the ball in-bounds, just wasn't able to get his 2nd foot down. Cro was wide open, so the excuse for Sanchez isn't there. However, Sanchez has had so few opportunities to make a play like that, how can you expect him to be pin-point?

Big plays aren't readily available to Sanchez because the players just aren't there to make them. If Sanchez makes a mistake - it is magnified by 100 because the opportunities for this team on offense just aren't there.

People fail to see that. Whether Sanchez is a solid QB or not, the guy is in the worst QB spot in the league.

19. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

No argument there. The problem is Mark has no vision, no accuracy and makes bone-headed throws. I don't care who the receiving corps is if Sanchez has a 2 cent head, a 5 cent arm it won't matter.

Just once I'd love to see a coordinator realize that Mark throws as many balls to the other teams on short dumps over the middle as he does to his own receivers and STOP with that type of outlet.

WTF were they doing trying to dump the ball over the middle just before the half? Run it or throw it to the end zone where only the receiver can catch it. Mark made the throw but the coordinator has to know he isn't capable of making that throw so close to the goal line.

Can someone PLEASE show Mark how a real NFL QB hits a receiver across the middle (there are numbers on a jersey that act as a target to throw to Mark, just like a catchers mitt in baseball). I am sick and tired of clueless mark being "off" mark on simple throws.

This guy is a back up.

I want to see McElroy get a shot, not Tebow.

Can they STOP using Tebow on 2nd down deep in our own end after a nice first down play? Everyone knows what's coming. What a wasted series.

20. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Here we go with the stupid use of completion percentage.....you guys would give him shit much like everyone did with Pennington for completing 3-4 yard passes or checking down by not being aggressive enough.

Also look at his chemistry with his targets....

Jeremy Kerley 1 game in the preseason
    Chaz Schillens 0 games in the preseason
    Clyde Gates signed after preseason
    Jason Hill signed after preseason

If you want to say he and Kerley worked together last year, understandable....but the other 3 active WRs? This is why getting guys signed up IN THE OFFSEASON is how to do it.....that's a bad job on Tannebaum's part. You need your QB to get reps with your WR or else there's going to be miscommunication out on the field. You cannot cheat such simple steps like tis.