Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow voted the two most overrated players

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Oct 25, 2012.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

they're saying the right things about mark so not to start another parade of crap on the jets organization. as for the extension, they redid it so he's guranateed more money but we can still cut him the year after no? also by doing this we got more cap room to play with. so i am ok w/ that.

if jets did think he's so awesome, which i honestly dont think they do, they wouldn't pull out their starting qb to put in their backup qb to run a play. how many teams in the nfl do you know that does this? only one i have seen is the 9ers so far, and maybe the bills(?).

so as much as they say they're all behind him, they're really not. also what organization is gonna say their qb sucks or we dont know if we can win a sb w/ him at the helm?

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The media is just a bunch of clowns who want ratings. When Brad Smith was on the Jets, did you see a new article about him and the way he's being used every other day? It's ridiculous. They scrutinize every detail about his usage and criticize the Jets coaches for not using him all the time, but it's really because THEY are upset they don't have an easy out for ratings. They have to actually do their jobs and analyze the Jets team instead of talking about nothing but Tebow. The media hates this and will stop at nothing to make us look bad.. but they never said shit about Brad Smith. There's no reason a gimmick option player should be over utilized just to appease Tebow fans and reporters. I wish they'd give it a rest already.

I was listening to Stephen Ahole Smith and Dick Cimini on ESPN radio today and they were like, "but Rex promised he'd be in for 20 snaps at wildcat", blah blah blah. They are full of shit. Rex said they COULD use him in up to 20 snaps. COULD as in MAYBE as in IT DEPENDS ON THE TEAM WE PLAY AND GAME PLAN. They never said he'd be at Wildcat QB for each snap either. It's jackasses like this that completely ruin sports reporting because they assert things as facts when they were never true in the first place. They can go fuck themselves, stupid drama queens.

#82 Barcs, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  3. Pat$Leahy

Pat$Leahy Banned

Tebow is the most overrated sports figure EVER, Sanchez is only overrated by some Jets fans, Sanchez #2 thats comical!!

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Anyone who said this is because of overexposure is correct.

Think about it. Look at the top ten in that list. You can probably replace 'most overrated' with 'who gets the most coverage on NFLN and ESPN?' The only reason Sanchez is on that list at all is because those two networks can't mention Tebow without mentioning Sanchez as the starter over him.

The NFL, for the players, is as much of a fame game as it is a football game. They get home from practice, turn on the tube and hope to hear their name on one of those two channels, because it may mean new sponsors.

Instead, they hear about Tebow every single night, and also Sanchez, by default. And they take it personally This has nothing to do with being overrated. Also nothing to do with talent.

Otherwise, you wouldn't see Suh or Brady on that list.

It's about nothing but television coverage.

5. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Hey pat! can you post a few links rating tebow at all?

I tried looking for them but found that 95% of all media in regards to tebow was negative (1 exception , 100 best).

6. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Yep, I agree. Every player wants to hear their name sometimes on ESPN - it's only natural. This poll is more about overexposure and nonstop media hype. 24 hour sports channels are just as bad as 24 hour news channels. Scrambling for something to talk about all the time; if you listen too long you'll shoot yourself. Especially Nancy Grace LOL. She never tells you what happened to "Baby Skye" or "Baby Lisa" once she's milked their stories for all they're worth.

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I think the biggest question of this poll, who are these 180 players. Are they starters, stars, or most likely, benchwarmers.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

People Brady is in the top 10 can we just all laugh at the list ?

#88 CowboysFan, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Like I said, those 180 NFL players are probably benchwarmer.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm. 4th qtr comebacks, and playoff wins,,,,Sanchez is under rated.

11. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Hahahaha that is true!

12. abyzmul

Everyone is. How do you think we feel? We were tired of hearing about him before the Jets trade for him.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Contract+Babes+Media Hype/performance=QBR

14. abyzmul

Bahahahahahaha

15. Pat$Leahy

Pat$Leahy Banned

Just cause he plays in NY, I thought that was pretty funny too, fucking guy gets shit on every day, an he's overrated!!!

16. ahteist tebow fan

ahteist tebow fan New Member

Don't worry, I am sure Tebow will get cut and we will follow him to the CFL. I will enjoy that the Jets won't win a championship never again and I will enjoy the day that the Jets get relocated to LA.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

So do you root for an NFL team or do you only specifically follow a player around?

18. Gastin-oh

Gastin-oh New Member

As Bart Scott said "Can't wait" google that since you weren't a fan of our team like us that far back..

edit: and BTW was "atheist tebow fan" taken?

#98 Gastin-oh, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012