Marc Bulger Out With Leg Injury

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by cassie96, Nov 23, 2009.

1. cassie96

cassie96 Member

QB's are droppin' like flies, I tell ya.

Marc Bulger has a tibial plateau fracture of his left leg and will be out 3-6 weeks. (hopefully they will get a better QB in there now that can help the pathetic Rams)

Stay healthy Sanchez!

2. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Looks to me like Bulger's played his last game as a Ram. I'm sure he'll be a good backup somewhere but it sucks that his career went down the way it did.

Now that their QB issue has more or less resolved itself, Rams fans can finally move on and look forward to Kyle Boller taking the snaps behind that o-line. I'm going out on a limb and predicting 0-therestoftheseason.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

the Rams have barely had Bulger for the past couple of seasons.

its been Boller losing those games for the most part.

Bulger gives them the best chance of winning.

4. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Come back and coordinate for the Giants again, Spags. This St. Louis shit ain't worth the headache.

5. Pete Carroll

Pete Carroll New Member

Garcia must be waiting by his phone

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

How much you want to bet the Jets pick up Bulger as a veteran backup for Sanchez next season?

7. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

that wouldn't be a bad idea

8. cassie96

cassie96 Member

NOOOOO way!!!!!! It is unbelievable that the Rams kept Bulger & gave Kurt Warner the bum's rush out of town.

9. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Wonder how many times a day, Spags has thought about that....he sure is earning every penny of his paycheck, working long hours for a loser team.

10. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Seriously? Why wouldn't you want Bulger as a back-up? He's proven he can be very good pocket passer if he has a decent line in front of him, he's a smart guy, has a strong arm and he plays through injuries. He might not have a leader mentality, but if he's half as good as he was a couple years ago he'd be an excellent back-up to Sanchez.

11. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

The Steelers have reportedly contacted free agent Jeff Garcia about the possibility of signing with the team.
    Pittsburgh is dealing with injuries to Ben Roethlisberger (concussion) and Charlie Batch (season-threatening wrist surgery), and will hold a QB tryout on Tuesday. Garcia was on the Eagles' roster earlier this season, appearing in one game. Rather than start Garcia or inexperienced third QB Dennis Dixon, look for the Steelers to push Roethlisberger to play against Baltimore.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

that's actually a fair assumption.....considering Henry Ellard is the Jets' WR coach....I'm sure there are ties between Ellard and Bulger that the Jets could take advantage of...if needed.

And FTR...I wouldn't mind having Bulger as a backup....just because he's shellshocked, doesn't mean he can't mentor the kid. At one point, Bulger was a lethal pocket passer with gun for an arm....and quite accurate.

13. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

He may just be the vet we need...for the right price. Wonder if he can perform up to his old standards with our vastly superior O-line?

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

he would certainly have to get used to having time in the pocket again.....

As of now...I'm sure his internal clock is FUBAR....he probably doesn't even remember what it's like to go through all his reads after the snap. :smile:

But all joking aside....I agree with you....for the right price, this would be a great move. His injury history and his confidence (from taking all those sacks) would be my biggest concerns.....but for what the role he would be undertaking with the Jets (mentoring, backup, position stability)...I think it would be worth looking into.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about it while reading this thread... I'd really like it!

16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

However the Rams might opt to keep him and make him mentor their future starting QB. If I was them I'd do that... both Clausen (not ready) and Bradford (needs to get his shoulder ok) would benefit a lot from sitting their first year.

17. cassie96

cassie96 Member

Bulger has not had a decent OL protecting him in years....he has been beat up with way too many injuries & he has had too many concussions.

Bulger is a very nice guy, does great community service...but he is so painfully shy, you can barely hear him speak above a whisper.

I am reading Kurt Warner's new book right now....and Kurt sat on the bench in New York, while he mentored Eli Manning. So maybe Bulger could help mentor Sanchez...but I would not count on him as a productive back-up.

Bulger has taken 10 mill/year to the bank for being an NFL QB...and he has very few W's to show for it.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you put Bulger behind the Jets oline....and you'd see a total 180 compared to how he's playing right now. Provided that he's not totally "shell shocked" a la David Carr.

19. cassie96

cassie96 Member

It would be awesome for Bulger to play well, with a great OL...hope that he gets that chance before he finally retires.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That'd be cool, but I think somebody might give him a shot to be a starter....Jokeland maybe?