Mannn, this Tebow-dude can't catch a BREAK!!

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Fightin'JetTitan, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

The way you defended him on this board in the past... I believe you.... really, I do. Honestly. I don't think you are bothered at all... Nope, not one bit...

You seem to think I'm bothered by the Manning stuff.

However, I KNOW the Tebow stuff bothers you.

Here ya go...

[​IMG]

And to keep Tebow in the crosshairs....

[​IMG]

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Im shocked no interview person ever asked Tebow, "How do you feel about same sex marriage?" I think the answer, either way, will be nucluar.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

No yeah the tebow stuff definitely bothers me because its really unfair and comes (mostly not all) from a place that has nothing to do with football, ...Romo..LOL! c'mon what can you possibly post that he himself (and good ole jerrah) have not done to me already ......trust me whatever funny picture you post of Dallas and Romo has been eclipsed and surpassed by Romo and Jerry directly to me. I'll love the Cowboys until the day I die and what the Star once represented but 17 years with just 1 playoff victory creates a pretty thick skin.

But I know Manning stuff bothers you because I spent a lot of time around Denver fans, you guys generally are not as stupid as Phaytal and Slap make you seem (in fact most Denver fans are rather bright) , so you know how windows of opportunities work and yours is closing fast in the death vice grip of captain one and done. The pressure now has doubled down with Welker being added and the Elvis flub. Tick, tock, tick, tock,tick, tock....no that's not the neck bones in Peyton's neck creaking that's the clock a ticking...

#43 CowboysFan, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  4. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Tebow will be off the Jets before you know it come the training camp! As he also seems to be want to get out of NY as well!

5. Concerned_Citizen

Making fun of his completion percentages, his suckiness at passing, and his not being very good despite the over the top hype has nothing to do with football? I think I posted maybe a couple in all that which went beyond football. ...and you will notice I left the religious based ones slamming him for his religious beliefs alone., cuz there sure is a hell of a lot of it. I could keep posting the ones about angels worrying about starving kids, disease, and famine, and having all that put on hold because Tebow is praying for a touchdown, (as if God cares about football or somehow plays favorites with Tebow over all the other Christians in the league) but I haven't.

But of course you probably think ANY criticism of Tebow is "unfair." But that is what people are gonna get when you keep putting players on such a rediculously high pedestal. Highest pedestal also means most popular target to knock off the perch. Tebowmaniacs are kind of at fault for that too.

Hasn't really bothered me, because I have been critical of Manning as well. so like you, you aren't posting anything I haven't posted on other boards as some Denver fans have Manning on just as big a pedestal as many have Tebow. Can't do wrong, always someone elses fault, a disproportinate amount of credit when things go right despite numerous unsung heroes. I really hate that shit, which is why I'm rough on Tebow fans to start with. In case you haven't noticed, (yes I'm being sarcastic,) I do get a kick out of taking digs at people that have certain players on a rediculously high pedestal. Even Manning and Brady aren't infallible. All the praise Brady gets, it has been 9 years since he won a championship. His playoff record is nearly on par with Manning's. Manning has 2 SB apearances since then, winning one of those. Brady has 2 as well, losing BOTH. Even if the Pats make it this next season, that will make it a full decade.

I was also aware of the small window the Broncos got themself when they signed him as soon as they did it. What you are saying isn't exactly some great revelation. But I'll take it compared to the course they were on a couple years ago. Sure, we had a good cinderella season, but that is all it was. So glad to be done with that Tebow experiment that started as a publicity stunt gone bad. Seriously, the Broncos could have been stuck in that mode for YEARS while the Tebow zombies insisted most if not all of his shortcomings were someone elses fault. All those miracles and lucky breaks simply weren't going to last. In fact, I think the league started to have him figured out in the last 5 games. yeah yeah yeah, pittsburgh... It was still surrounded by a month of close to zero offense.

So i SERIOUSLY doubt they would have miracled their way into the second round again this last year. Elway thought the same thing, cuz he went and got a Manning with all those question marks and couldn't ship tebow out of town fast enough even WITH those unanswered questions about Manning.

#45 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  6. phaytal

phaytal New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

7. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I appreciate Cboys' honesty in these threads but his perspective offers interesting insight to the Tebow fanaticism. It seems to me that all the Jets, Cowboys, Broncos and Niner fans are willing to accept criticism of their teams and players better than anyone can about Tebow. For example, none of the Bronco, Niner or Jet fans rushed to post statistical analysis to prove that their seasons or players were better than they were. Tebow fans could learn a lot here. Accept that he is a third year player that has never beaten a shitty QB out for a starting NFL job, enjoy the ride he was on with an improving Broncos roster and understand that it is fun to make fun of a lesser skilled player like it was to make fun of Pennington, Sanchez, etc.

8. Concerned_Citizen

Tebow only has one win over a team with a winning record, and that came on a lucky strike that is a routine pass over the middle for most QBs, for which D.Thomas made a great play on in OT.

But you are absolutely correct. Most people are willing to accept that there are criticisms about their players. Elway was blasted all the time when he started. Got to a Patriots message board, Brady gets slapped around by some Pats fans. Manning got it in Indy, and plenty still do in Denver. Marino? You bet he had his share of criticism back in his day. Montana? I was a bit younger then and had no internet, so not sure how fans reacted.

But if those guys aren't immune to criticism, then why should Tebow? I've never seen a group of fans circle the wagons the way they do for Tebow, nor have I seen a group of fans latch on to the nuts of a player like they have.

The closes thing they will EVER come to criticism of Tebow's games is.... He still has a lot of room to grow and needs work, but he's young." That's it. Otherwise, him finishing DEAD LAST in almost every major passing category is either the fault of the coaches, his receivers, his offensive line... pretty much every mistake is mitigated by someone else being somehow responsible.

These guys have him on such idol worship, no man can possibly live up to it.

.....and THAT is Tebow's biggest problem right there. Too many loud fans squawking conspiracy theories, blaming tatoos, and blaming anyone but Tebow. The rest of the NFL fanbases are getting more and more sick of them, which is why almost every message board out there is about 99% negative on the idea of bringing Tebow to their team. This website alone had to answer it by creating this subforum to quarantine the hysteria. (Smart move too, as I have seen first hand how just about every topic no matter how unrelated to the QB situation somehow manages to turn into one about Tim Tebow.)

Not being Very good QB + annoying fans and media in coaches face screaming for a starting gig = Doomsday for Tebow's career.

Never ONCE will it cross their mind that MAYBE Tebow just isn't that damn good. They'll even blame it on a tatoo before it gets to that point. Sad.

#48 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 19, 2013
  9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I wasn't posting about you but please continue your rant and you know I have criticized Tebow plenty.

That's a good observation , I really think it has to do with the double standard for tebow. I'l explain what I mean below.

After 16 games started 99% of analyst want to write him off (ignoring any good he did which was plenty) when other QBs get years to develop. It's simply being done to stir the pot and get ratings for whatever reasons it triggers a huge debate, drives the media insane, drives tebow fans insane, drives tebow haters insane and tebow's career gets destroyed in the process...good times...

I can say the same thing right back to you CC. I have never in my life seen fans that dislike someone , go to another team's website and continue their hate crusade for over a year and counting, every single day. I mean Phaytal is still checking in! that's not normal either.

#49 CowboysFan, Mar 19, 2013
  10. Concerned_Citizen

Many youngsters get much much less than 16 games. I don't see you and legions of fans lobbying to get them starting time.

Gotta find your way to get your ass on the field. Throwing dirt missiles in practice and struggling with the game plan the coaches are trying to implement isn't the way to go.

Over a year? I've only been here for not quite 6 months....

What rock have you been under? For years I've seen fans of other teams come on to Bronco boards to poke fun at the Broncos or certain players. happens in other sports too.

...and besides, from the look of it and other Jets boards, probably 90% of the Jets fans are right there with me. :lol: Isn't just the Jets boards either. Seen some others, and most of them, when a Tebow thread is even allowed over there, is probably 90 - 95% negative on bringing Tebow to their team.

BTW, what "hate crusade?" I'm not aware of any "crusade." What is my aim, getting Tebow out of the league? do tell...

11. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I think a lot people that wrote Tebow off were really looking for a better option. It didn't take the Panthers more than one season to realize Jimmy Clausen was a pile of shit, the Vikings don't sound overly sold on Ponder. They did make the playoffs, they seem to agree that Ponder has to improve or they can do better, but they also don't have a better option on the roster. When you step away from the win/loss stat for just a moment and analyze Tim's individual performance (points, 1st downs, yards, completion %, QB rating) you can see how his contribution to the Broncos season was minimal and replaceable by even a competent QB. Baseball uses a "wins above replacement" stat to confirm how much a guys contributes to wins/losses. They don't have this in football but it was easy to see how hamstrung the Broncos truly were with Tebow starting. They lost a 7-3 game to the Chiefs for christ's sake. Team's have to play close to perfect on a weekly basis to be comptetive with Tebow and very few teams have good enough D's and special teams to qualify.

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

You are wrong, Denver was not running the conventional offense well. here is a stat you ignored : THEY WENT FROM ALMOST LAST IN THE NFL IN RUSHING TO 1ST AFTER TEBOW STARTED.

I guess it was pixie dust that did it. Not teams having trouble adjusting to the pass/run threat by the QB on every down. Even by a QB "that can't throw".

13. Concerned_Citizen

Yep, they ended up first in rushing when they were almost last in the first 5 games. THAT is true. Tebow did improve the schematics of the running game.

However, passing went from upper middle of the pack to DEAD LAST. Scoring average actually went down, and the OVERALL offense slipped from middle of the pack to 25th. That #1 in rushing was just good enough to keep them 6 slots above the cellar.

We all know Tebow was a good runner. A two headed running back system is gonna gain some yards here and there.

The running game was great. But didn't make up for Tebow's erratic arm. ....and that is why Elway looked elsewhere for a QB. Some say he was as good as gone even if they didn't get Manning. The way Elway and Fox seemed to be luke warm at best whenever it came to committing to Tebow long term or giving him praise, makes me think they still wanted another option.

14. phaytal

phaytal New Member

The main reason that I come back here is because your idiocy, and Tebow cultists in general, is quite entertaining. You will go to the ends of the earth to defend a horrible quarterback. It's very funny.

Secondly, despite being a genuinely nice guy, and a decent do-gooder, I find Tim Tebow to be a steaming pile of shit. I have zero respect for intolerant, ignorant bible-bangers who profit by preaching and supporting hate. Time and time again, Tim Tebow has put money in his pocket by speaking for and backing venomous hate organizations with ideals rooted in the dark ages. Your golden boy is a piece of shit, and I love pointing it out. He is the absolute worst kind of role model; a person that blindly judges and condemns his fellow man because they lead their lives in a way that his fairy god father has deemed unacceptable, all while putting on the 'moral pillar' facade.

Fuck him.

#54 phaytal, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  15. Concerned_Citizen

Agreed. Though he can't respond to you now, I will second your reasoning for hanging around. People think it is some deep seething hatred I have for Tebow. It isn't. He's a nice guy, one who seems to support bigots. But I find the idiotic comments and the lengths these people will go to defend his image no matter how trivial crack me up.

Where else do you get to see such myopic idiocy? I find THAT more fascinating than the dying Tebow phenominon itself. Check out my new sig. Here is the whole quote as it wouldn't all fit in the sig line...

"Man, poor Tebow. Imagine getting Fox then Rex as your HC. I'm telling you, they should have kept Studesville as the HC after firing McDaniels and kept Tebow as the starter going into the offseason and training camp in 2011. Broncos would be at least as good as they are now, but not paying out the ass for Manning, and having years and years of their QB left, as opposed to 2 years. Not to mention PFM's arm looked like a ramen noodle in the playoff game." BackupQB."

I can't get this kind of entertainment from anyone else other than a Tebow fan. But it is VERY dangerous entertainment and I fear too many have been sucked in already. This is why Tebowmania is dangerous and must be stopped. There really is a zombie apocalypse coming, and there won't be anything left but Teboners if we don't stop them NOW!!! It's us or them. Arm yourselves!!

#55 Concerned_Citizen, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  16. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Man fuck this place, fuck this board and fuck the mods who run it. They've weeded out anyone who's said anything positive about tebow and yet let trolls like you two fucks spout all sorts of shit without batting an eye. I don't post much but coming here is bad for my health. I always feel dirtier after for even conversing with the people that troll around here. I won't even bother coming back to see if I'm banned. Hell, this post may be outright deleted by LTJF. I'll stick to my ravens and gator boards. I hope Tim is released from this hell hole of a team and I can wash my hands of this franchise, enjoying your continued lack of success from this day forward.

Fuck off asswipes

[​IMG]

17. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I think it is shitty of Tebow supporters to flock to team message boards, present themselves as moderate believers in Tebow's abilities. In reality a good number of them are truly fanatics that believe a conspiracy exists to hurt their boy and that Tebow has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is capable of starting. He was the beneficiary of a lot of good fortune including the schedule, improving defense, consistent special teams. No one says his 9-7 record did not happen. It is just not that impressive and easy to see how little it actually had to do with him.

18. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

When anyone hints at a Tebot's true agenda, their fanaticism, they go on these ridiculous rants and attempt to hurt other posters' feelings. Tim's success is very personal to them which is comical for various reasons. Take all the shots you want at Kaepernick, Manning or Sanchez and watch the non-reactions. Tebow lovers could learn a lot.

19. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

This is such an amazing quote. Fox should have won coach of the millennium for what he did with that team.

20. SF MoneyBags

SF MoneyBags Member

I am amazed that two coaches who managed good seasons in the past with shitty QBs are all of the sudden terrible because poor Timmy is no longer a viable option to start in the NFL. I guess every NFL fan will just have to accept that their coach is an idiot since they are refusing to win the Super Bowl with Tim! lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.