Mangini on the Monsanto Pope departure.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Aug 1, 2006.

1. 20&out

20&out New Member

He can't play anywhere until his contract with the Jets (don't know how long he signed for) is up. If a team wants him they would have to give something up for him or Pope would have to ask to be released by the Jets.

2. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Papers say his agent said he is going to retire. May I suggest you log onto the Daily News, NY Post, Newsday & Star Ledger every day so you stay on top of the news

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Dude you got NO IDEA how hard I tried to remember George Michael's name!!! I even googled "British Fag Singer Blow Job From Homless Man Dirty Bathroom Stall" but google failed me. Maybe it was the "singer" word that confused google. hahahaha But anyway, yes, Mr Michael belongs on the list.

5. championjets69

Are U saying OSU is a better school then the Air Force Academy?

6. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

If i remember correctly, they offered him the Captain status at Air Force when he began planning on transfering in an effort to keep him there.

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

It is for FOOTBALL, which is his occupation

8. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

They're all quitters!

Curtis Martin is a quitter because he "quit" on the Patriots!

What a ridiculous definition- the guy is aiming to go the NFL and had a golden opportunity to play at tOSU. I don't think any player would turn donw the opportunity to be a starting LB at tOSU.

9. King Koopa

rajerkoff....do us all a favor, and quit on life, thank you

10. championjets69

Ah so what U R saying OSU lets it players just slide by while AFA makes you learn. Is that the bottom line of the transfer?

11. King Koopa

OMG, you are an idiot....OSU is a top notch program, it let's players get way more exposure and gives them a way better oppurtunity for an NFL CAREER......If you don't understand this simple concept than you are now on my COMPLETE JACKASS list

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I guess rajensen would consider Troy Aikman to be a quitter as well.

13. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

He's been on my list since 2003. The beauty of the ignore button. You don't have to endure any of the meaningless, uneducated "babble" coming from our miserable friend.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

champ im sure his point is, Schlegel was at AFA as a student athlete. not for military purpose. so its either enlist for service, or transfer to a more prestigious football program. he chose football over a military career, plain and simple. and well, now hes pro. good for him

and yeah i completely agree with OSU being a joke of a school for athletes. i read an article focused around the clarrett drama. plenty of other former students have been scarred by it. athletes (specifically football) who wish to transfer usually only get like 2/3rds of their actual credit because other schools dont deem "lawn care 101" as something worthwhile on their transcript.

i see your point i agree in school difference, but shclegel is a football player and not a Top Gun.

15. Ambrose

Ambrose New Member

Schlegel was a captain during his sophomore season. He was not offered it as an insentive to remain at Airforce. His reasons for leaving were not academic. He left because he wanted an opportunity to play pro football and because the Academy lifestyle did not suit him.

16. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Good post from a new member....get yourself a snazzy avatar there Ambrose.

I wonder what it was about the lifestyle that didn't suit him...maybe the not being allowed to have long hair? It couldn't have been the weapon stuff, I hear he hunts deer with a hunting bow and likes to take his shotguns out pheasant hunting.

17. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

I was there when Johnny Quit!!!

It wasn't even that hot out that day.

By the way, in the case of Anthony Schlegal, he was the leading tackler on his team the season before he had left!

More importantly, I think that you can look at him in a different light because he DID go to a military academy. Just like some "kids" transfer because of playing time, some "kids", may realize that the military committment that they had made to the academy is not as gung-ho and iron-clad as they had initially thought it to be.

I can see a guy changing his mind about the military academy after realizing that that's probably not what he wants to do with his life after college ball. How many times does a high school "kid" change his mind during the course of recruiting?

18. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

As far as the football program yes. Academics, clearly not. However, football was his chosen profession. And he had the opportunity to go to a better program. Just like if someone who was getting their law degree at a state college got the opportunity to go to Harvard.

Did you ever go to college? You do realize some schools specialize in certain programs, or have better programs than others, be they academic or athletic. Why is this such a hard concept to understand? I will ask you the same question I did rashonmyass088, do you realize how many students transfer (be it for athletics or academics) every year? How about people who leave for better jobs? Or coaches leaving for better programs? When a good opportunity comes along, you take it.

#38 dabrowsk1, Aug 1, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  19. Gator

Gator Active Member

Here's one of his recent posts, you be the judge.

H'mm for me it was the precise second he was hired by silly Woody & from there on watching Herm paid back Woody & all NYJ fans for getting hired.

:lol:

20. championjets69

H'mm my son graduated from Wharton with honors & at least none of his friends from there that I met transferred out of U of P. In S cases it appears he should have NEVER accepted the assignment to the AFA if football was his chosen profession as U state.

#40 championjets69, Aug 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2005