Making the case to NOT draft a WR in the 1st

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Mar 7, 2022.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I don't think jones is salvageable but regardless of that, the giants success or failure has nothing to do with the jets

westiedog1 likes this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

It will if the stadium is almost empty when the Jets have a home game.

3. GasedAndConfused

that'll never happen and everyone knows this. NFL is only growing in popularity and the stadium take is a very small part of their income overall. it's all TV deals and merchandising where all the money is made and advertising.

4. boozer32

You do not think that affects the bottom line? Losing keeps the Jets off national TV, Monday night and Sunday night games. Marketing jerseys I used to see a bunch of Jets jersey's in opposing teams' stadiums when Curtis Martin, Revis, and Pennington were on the Jets. Not so much now.

5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It does affect the bottom line but the NFL has equal revenue sharing for the TV deals which is how teams make most of their money. So yeah, bad teams make less but they still make a boatload due to the TV deals.

6. GasedAndConfused

nfl has profit sharing and jets are always among the highest valued teams.
    Jets were purchased for 500 million. 20 years later they are worth over 4 billion. thats 8 times the value in 20 years. not to mention the huge bump coming up from the new TV deals.
    we are currently the 8th most valuable franchise in the NFL despite not making a superbowl in over 50 years, and not making the playoffs in over a decade.

7. boozer32

As an out of town fan they are never on TV unless they have a Monday night game and even the sports bars refuse to put them on even one of the 20 plus TV they have.

8. GasedAndConfused

I just buy sunday ticket and watch all the games personally. also most towns have jet bars. I live in san diego and there is even a jet bar down here but i've never been. I'd rather watch it at home

9. boozer32

I too lived in San Diego when I was stationed there. There were a lot of New Yorkers and sometimes the out of town fans would outnumber the home team. fans. That is why they lost their team. Well that and the old horrible stadium they played in. The city didn't want to pay up for a new one.

10. GasedAndConfused

yeah qualcomm was old and beat up and san diego isn't a big sports town at all

11. boozer32

It was when I was there before the yuppies moved in and before the Clippers moved. Even indoor soccer was huge.