Madden Release Date: 8/30

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Jul 20, 2011.

1. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I, of course, dont have to. But if the guy keeps running come backs against you, the best way to beat that is using zone. Why should I change just to be fair?

When I play someone like you, I would probably play different Defenses anyway because if you know what I'm playing you can beat it.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I'd agree that there are certain defenses you don't need to change out of. If it is a basic defense like cover 2 or 3 those can and should be beaten since there will be minimal pressure and plenty of time to make reads. If someone on offense is too foolish not to see the weak spots in one defense that's on them.

Now when it comes to blitzing and bump coverage I agree on mixing it up. There are certain games where bump coverage is prety much unbeatable, granted there are others where it helps create big plays.

3. MParty7441

I agree, playing a passive base defense all game should be allowed.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That part I agree with, if I'm in my sub package and say Pool or Strickland is responsible for the RB but is lined up on the wrong side it drives me nuts.

I don't blitz all that much actually, and only press in 3rd and short situations. Online I do like to "show Blitz" maybe too much against guys that take the bate, but it works so well for INTs.

5. MParty7441

I like showing blitz as well because I like when the LB's come up to the LOS.

6. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Hi, I've been here for like 7 years. Thanks for the welcome though. And though I am a Cowboy fan, other than last Sunday I do root for the Jets.

And the loss was awesome! Pretty dumb question. Honestly though, I'm surprised it was as close as it was. I was expecting an easy win for the Jets.

Our game still makes me mad. Fumbles when I'm holding protect ball make me crazy.

Yep. That was kind of the point. He's terrible. So terrible that even David Carr looks good by comparison.

7. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Yeah but take into consideration that gimme pick 6 you got. It was a bubble screen behind the line of scrimmage and Eli Lobbed it right to your nickle back who was in front of the line of scrimmage no where near my reciever.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

RageOf inSANITy, thanks for inviting me to a game when I'm in the 4th quarter of a franchise game, having me accept, and then not responding.

9. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

No one told you to quit your game. Especially if you were in the 4th quarter of a game. Its not like Im Eric "Continental Shelf" Smith asking to play Madden and this is the only time in your life that you would ever be able to do such a thing.

That being said my bad. Right after I sent you the request my dad came home from work and forgot about it.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

you fuckers want to tell me what is the best part of this game? Played the demo and the gamestyle was fairly easy to pick up. I really like adhereing to "gameplan" and sometimes balance it with manual playbook decisions.

So where are you spending most of your time? franchise mode? create a pro? online H2H?

I bought the game and its on its way, but i want to get an idea from you guys what you are always playing in madden. I havent bought a madden game in 5 years.

Last one was 2006 (vomit)

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Offline Franchise.

12. MParty7441

How long per quarter is your clock?

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

good question...would like to know what the norm is for this.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Playing in a online Franchise with 32 owners and in-depth simulation GM/Player experience. Top notch.

Offline, I'd probably play if I didn't have my league. Playing the computer can get so monotonous.

15. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

7 or 8 mins, no clock accel should work just fine, if you aren't running the no huddle all game.

16. MParty7441

This is why I play online H2H.

I would love to be involved in a 32 owner franchise.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Yea, H2H is much better, but the ratio of cheeseball dick-wipes who ruin your experience online to legit players is nearly 10:1.

I opt to play guys I already know in scrims, and then just play my league. We typically make it through 3-4 seasons.

18. MParty7441

So far I haven't seen that many "cheeseball dick-wipes." I have played like 10 games, and yeah, some of them run the same D over and over or try to run the same offensive plays a lot, but they're pretty easy to stop once you see what they do.

I'm just going to keep going till I lose, at the least.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Most of the guys I play use about 2-5 plays all game and quit once they are losing or realize they can't win.

20. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Operation sports has pretty active communities in ps3 and xbox. I'm sure some loser sneak through the cracks but every game I have been in from that community has been very sim.