Madden Questions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Rambo13, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Lol German Jets

Why are the menus so frickin slow in this game? FA and the Draft and the Depth Charts etc. take forever.

2. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

bad programing?

3. All Star

All Star Active Member

What system are you on?

If it's on PS2 it's probably because the programmers have filled the games up as much as possible and it's just so slow because the game is a complicated as it can be for the PS2 to handle.

4. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

360. The game play is fast, but loading the menus, especially the player menus, is excruciating.

5. akibud

akibud Active Member

Does anyone know why my madden 08 on the PS3 keeps locking up (freezing?? stalling out?? crapping out??) while in franchise mode during the weekly games?? I will be going along just fine, and all of a sudden, I can neither play nor simulate my teams game and my season is over right there!! This is starting to frustrate me, because the first time it happened, I was into season 13 so I let it slide. The next two times, it happened in season 4, when I just finally got my roster right and was ready to rock and roll!!..... What gives??

6. German Jets Fan

in hundreds of madden games throu the years, i never managed to return a punt for a TD. Is it just me sucking at PR in the Game, or is it really that hard to do? I usually lead the league in KR.

Any tips?

7. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

I'm awful at Kick Returns. I don't know why. What do you do?

8. All Star

All Star Active Member

It's OK.... PRs have been impossible since 2004.

My longest in the past 4 years has been 33 yards.

9. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I was going to say PR are easy in this version. I haven't returned one but I always seem to have the two gunners blocked plus an extra blocker or two.

Can you create your own plays in this version?

10. All Star

All Star Active Member

Yea you can make your own plays, but using them outside of exhibition mode is another story......

11. akibud

akibud Active Member

.....bump, anyone??

12. German Jets Fan

idk, nothing really special. i like the sidelinereturn at 08. i usually control the man on the outside of the second wedge, on that side, where i didn?t call the return to, and run him across the field, so i have one more blocker, the contain man isn?t a problem, when the kick is in the center, or to that side where i called the retrun, so there?s no need to waste a blocker on that side. Then i just look for a cutbacklane throu the first few blocks and go down the sideline. i get caught at about the 50 most of the times, but from time to time, i brake one. I usually have about 30-35 yards average, and 3-6 TDs. I never thought it was really hard to do, especially in 08.

13. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Sounds good. I never thought about moving the blocker. Occasionally I get through a hole and am off to the races but usually I get hit before I can get through it.

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

They are actually really easy once you get the hang of it.
    On KO enter return middle. Make the catch run straight forward fo about 10-15yds then spin when the defender is about 5+ yards away , sometimes you might amso have to juke straight away.
    An easier way is to enter return Left or right and initially after the catch go the opposite way for about 10 yds then spin back to the sideline and run like your pants are on fire ,that usually works as well.
    I actually wish that I hadn't figured it out , it ruins the game knowing that you can score that easily.

15. All Star

All Star Active Member

Or do a return left and manually move the farthest away blocker in front of you.

You have to be patient and not outrun your blocking.

16. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

What menu is it under?

17. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I just finished a game and had two shoddy programming issues in play.

One I accepted an offsides penalty on the defense at the end of the first half and the half ended even though the half can't end on a defensive penalty.

Two the computer kicked deep with 30 seconds to go in the game, down 3 with no timeouts.

I mean I get if a game has bugs and glitches, but this is just plain lazy. You have to know the rules of the game.

18. All Star

All Star Active Member

Is that on next gen? It might just be some things they haven't worked out or forgot about..........

On PS2 it's under Features, it might not be in the next gen version.

19. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

xbox 360....

20. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Can anyone confirm if you can make plays in the 360 version?
    Also can you sub via formations instead of just depth chart? Example: I want Harris and Vilma in on nickel situations.

Two more issues I saw, one glitch, one programming error. Punted out of bounds at the five, touchback... Had the computer punt it on first and 10 from the ~40 yard line with 5 seconds left in the half...