Madden Demo

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by devilonthetownhallroof, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

SO SLOWWW, thats why im assuming the sprint button doesnt work. Its difficult to get past the 20 in the new madden when in 2010 i would get to like the 35

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha I was kidding of course. But I did dominate.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

When I finish a game it says it's gonna show you the play of the game and then it doesen't. Do you guys have that problem too?

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Really? The JAGUARS?...ok.. well I thought it was pretty sweet. There was full out commentary on the whole situation in that city it seemed. Now I wanna see a video for all the teams.
    It's not so bad it's just a little time consuming if the opposing player hurries the snap.
    I know right? I thought I had a nice return today and I started at the ..22...22!
    You can turn it on and off I think but it really is easier not having one. I like it.

5. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

IATA let me know your username I would love to kick your ass in this game!!

6. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

they dumbed it down because 85 percent of madden players would hold that thing at all times. you need that burst for when you shoot into a hole or on kickoffs. dont punish everyy1!!

7. 624

624 Banned

Yeah the same thing happened to me.

At one point today I had a Pick 6 with David Harris and after that happened it said "Peyton Manning: 2nd Touchdown Today"

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

After my first game, when I had a walk-off 70 yard TD to Edwards to win it, it showed the play of the game. What was the POG? The extra point with no time on the clock that made it 10-3 instead of 9-3.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

that was an issue in the ncaa demo too. the play of the game was always the last play that was run. it works correctly in ncaa now so it should in madden too.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Just beat the Colts 28-27. Our offense is sick, but the Colts still tore apart our secondary. Strange.

11. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

I haven't played since 07 but I destroyed the Colts 48 - 17. Greene is a BEAST. His stat is only 80... in franchise he'll be a 99 after one season because he's such a good runner. Pressing the right joystick up whenever someone is about to tackle him usually breaks the tackle. There were plays where I broke 3 tackles and fell 4 yards on the last contact for 30 yard runs.

12. Jerseyboyisback

I think this game sucks!! I HATE gameflow and hate the new tool to audible. I want to shift my line and lbs and now i have to use the key pad and read it and not use l1 and R1 Honestly Im not a big fan at all after playing the demo and may not buy it.

Does anyone know if online play 1 on 1 is only game flow?? also is there a way to shift the line like it used to be?

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Jerseyboywillnotbebacktogamestop

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i only played one game yesterday and it is one of the best football games ive ever played. some kinks here and there but itll get worked out im thinking.

the locomotion system is money. love the gameplan and gameflow concept. only thing that irritated me was the overhaul of presnap audibles seems more time consuming. i guess quicker once u get the learning curve.

thought the presentation and replays were much much better.

overall i liked it alot. shonn greene was dominating and the jets OL was insane. Jenkins also beasted out.

thumbs up in my book

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I will tell you what, I have played probably ten games on all-madden, and Peyton is nearly unstoppable on that difficulty. I beat him once, and only because I got lucky twice.

With 2:40 to go in the game Peyton has the ball and is up 3 points, the AI takes over and goes to a run out the clock mode, which I recognize from the previous 6 games where they were up 20+ and running out the clock. I run three straight plays where i blitz 8. Addai who breaks generally 3 tackles per carry gets 9 yards on three carries and the colts give me the ball back with 1:28 and no timeouts. I drive down the field and score on a 25 yard run by Greene with 22 seconds to play.

My biggest issues with all-madden were not that it was very tough, its that certain aspects shouldnt happen, like Addai and donald Brown being nearly untackle-able on the first hit. Also Reggie Wayne should not have an average statline of 6 receptions 189 yards and 3 tds against darrelle revis. Revis just should not be that easy to beat, especially when Kelvin Hayden runs your receivers routes better than than they do.

On our end, it seems like sanchez misses waaay to many wide open receivers by a mile, Edwards can't catch a cold on the deep ball, especially if he gets hit right after "catching" the pass, it just pops out. and its far to easy to take a simple slant pass to holmes or keller and go 80 yards for the score. Maybe that should happen on rookie, but not on all madden?

all in all, I love the locomotion engine. Not a huge fan of gameflow, but I think if you fiddle with the gameplan before hand, it would really be very useful. No point in spending all that time doing it for the demo however.

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Played it yesterday. The game play looked slower but more realistic, which I guess is a good thing. The OL is finally able to hold a pocket for Sanchez and create holes for Greene. One thing I did notice tho, is Sanchez completely overthrowing Holmes and Edwards by a good 10yds, even when I had time to step into a throw.

Keller is a beast. He'll be everyone's best friend since there's really no one who can guard him (at least on the Colts). Runnning game was very strong.

The only knock is the strategy pad. It wouldn't be so bad, but the fact that after every route change or line shift, you have re-work the Strategy Pad menu all over again is a bit of an annoyance. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it seems they've gone backwards rather than forwards with this concept and the extra buttons u gotta press to get ur players in the right place pre-snap.

17. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Supposedly the main reason for the major strategy pad change and why it takes so long is because online play a lot of guys would be able to fill the gaps with linebackers and db's in a matter of seconds, this should eliminate that happening and ultimatley elimnate nano-blitizing all together.

18. Jerseyboyisback

But if you nano-blitizing then you should be able to stop it aka run a flat or something. I just dont like the stategy pad at ALL kinda pissed about it

19. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Honestly there is no way there should be nano-blitzing. There are some ways that you can set up the defense that you really don't even have time to make decent throws even screens to the flats.

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Finally got a chance to give it a whirl (because of StarCraft 2)

IMO- This game is the same shit. There is no difference in the AI. It's making the same dumb fukin mistakes and BS Impossible plays.
    Even the linemen and the FB, they pull and block NO ONE.

Yeah, they put the J!E!T!S! Back in Woo Hoo!!
    Funny though, even the beginning of the game is exactly like last years!!
    They didn't even change it!

It's to the point where MADDEN is comical now as a "Football Sim"...comical.