Madden 2010 First Impressions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by joykilla, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Me as well, I feel like I can see the field better.

Played my first game online last night, unranked scrimmage. Dude used the Titans, all hurry up except a few plays, and he kept using the wildcat. He burned me twice with his cheese offense, but he got predictable and my blitzes stopped his offense. He started to drop the hurry up and wildcat, and I knew I had him at that point. I ran basic plays and marched down the field each drive. I started to pull away 24-14 and he quit. Seemed like he just wanted to try the wildcat on me as a practice, fine. But he was way to predictable after awhile. The funny thing is that I can run and pass better than I did on 09 which is cool. Revis is fast as hell in this game.

2. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Revis, Rhodes, Jenkins and Ellis are all beasts.

3. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Does anyone else have a problem with field goals?? Every time I kick a field goal, or the computer kicks a field goal against me, there is a 10yd holding penalty. Anyone else have this issue?? It's getting annoying, but fun when the computer tries to kick against you.

4. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

I notice whenever you nudge the right analog stick to the right with a defensive end (Ellis) right after the snap, he will always get away from the linemen, anyone else notice this? I sometimes can rack up 3 or 4 sacks a game with ellis because of this.

5. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I just noticed last night that they went away from the power icons. Now I have no clue if the cornerback I'm throwing against is a shutdown corner or not. So I got picked off several times against the Dolphins. Will Allen is a shutdown corner now?

6. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I got smoked by the Fish last night...I was 8-0 going into the game, and was beaten down by the 1-7 Fish. I couldn't run, or throw, and was picked off 5 times.

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

thats where about 80% of my penalties during a game occur, field goals....

also anybody having issues kicking a 50 yard+ fieldgoal? Every time i kick one in normal weather with little to no wind against me, or even wind to my back, full power kicks are landing at the back of the end zone. its really irritating....

Also anybody else having problems averaging more than 2.4 yards a carry?

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I won my game, it was close, but I won 20-17. It was just extremely annoying that I couldn't throw at Will Allen. Meanwhile Revis kept on getting burnt on slants even tho I was shading him to the inside. It's shit like this that pisses me off about Madden. If they're gonna take the time out to grade each and every player, make him play to those grades. Don't make them above and beyond.

9. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

just a quick couple of questions fellas. in franchise mode can you train players for the week like in madden 09 or is player progression from year to year now?

also when playing jenk on the d-line is there a "power move" button like in 09? used to be you could press R2 and he'd do a swim move or something, now all that does is make him leap to try and block the qb's pass.

10. 624

624 Banned

I am having that issue with field goals unless I kick with Crosby or Bironas.

I'm actually really enjoying the running game and I just had 271 yards and 3 touchdowns on 11 carries with Leon last night against the Titans on Live against a level 12 player.

A big problem I'm having is a lot of my guys keep dropping very easy interceptions that I could make using my elbows.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

progression is year to year now, and the holding on field goals is a well documented problem on many forums. i haven't really had much problem, but look for that to be fixed via patch.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

The wildcat is running rampant online. Seems like everybody I play uses it now.

13. Drew

Drew Active Member

I would always use Jenkins in 09 to break through the line, seems that with the power move gone away he's useless to my game. You have to use Ellis and swim around the RT. In 09 I would move Gholston to DE and then shift Ellis to DT. I wonder if it'll work in 10. Haven't played much but it's something to try out.

14. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

There's still a power move. Just push the stick toward the blocker (360)

15. Drew

Drew Active Member

Does it matter if you do it up or down?

16. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Yes. Down is power, up pushes the blocker off to disengage the block, and the sides are swim and/or spin.

17. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

so just another stupid question here... we're talking about the right stick right? like when the ball is snapped you would push down on the left stick to move the defender forward then down on the right stick at the same time for a power move, or left/right on the right stick for a swim?

18. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Correct.

19. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

It's still annoying that you can't for example put Gholston as the 4-3 DE instead of Douglas before the game and have that saved week to week. Having to do it every game, especially on offense when I want Leon in on some formations kills my play clock. You also can't make any substitutions when you select Ask Madden which is annoying.

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

They're gonna have to correct the online acc-clock options. I can't sub, set a man in motion, reset and get a play off on time. It's literally, almost impossible. Especially in an Online Franchise League where you're playing with a team you're not familiar with and aren't acquainted with the playbook. Just impossible.