Madden 2010 First Impressions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by joykilla, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

played two games online. i only play as the jets. anyways 1st game against eagles i lost miserably. seriously though i found the first gayness. multiple times i hit mcnabb while throwing and literally two or three times either westbrook or desean jackson flew out of nowhere caught the fluttering ball and it acted as a screen pass and resulted in scores.

i made 1 bad pass that resulted in an INT somehow ended up with over 5 or 6 turnovers that game another one being a Leon fumble recovery for a TD on a KO return. ugly game.

next game, i played the Cowboys and i used the running game alot more and dominated. one thing ive noticed is most players dont know who keller is and he presents HUGE matchup problems. just beat that guy good. the guy tried throwing on revis 3 times. resulted in 2 picks, 1 for a TD, and i think like a 13 yd completion.

revis owns in madden just as in real life lol.

1-1. ill accept that for now lol.

although it seems liek last yr online is a little slower than a regular game. i guess as to be expected when playing online.

2. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

My only question is this:

When you are picking a play and choose the "select by player" option, why can't you select backups. I am playing as the Jets and want to run some plays with Leon Washington but only Jones is on this list. I feel like the backups were on this list last year. Anyboyd else notice this?

3. jetsflyinginjersey

The only way you can put your subs. in is by picking your play through the formations option. When you see the three plays in front of you, I believe you hit RB or RT and you'll see the list of subs.

4. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

is there a way you can play coop with someone on the same system as you cuz i want to play with my boy thats right next to me so we can do like leadblocking but it only lets me into the game i dont get

Am i missing something?

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

It's a lot easier to break off big kick returns this year (at least with Leon).

The announcer refers to Jim Leonhard as both "Leonhard" and "Leon-hard". Weird.

I always felt they made Brady too difficult to pick off in Madden. They've now gone the extra step to include an achievement for picking him off. There's also an achievement for picking off a pass intened for Randy Moss. So I pulled off both of them on one play with an INT by Revis, then followed it up on the next drive with another INT by Revis. :grin:

Haven't played online yet, not ready to get my ass kicked just yet, lol.

6. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I still can't run the ball and haven't been able to get a kick return past the 30 yard line or so. Apparently the couple year layoff from buying a Madden game has taken its toll.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

This year and last year it seems like you have to wear down the opposing defense before you can run the ball well. This isn't always the case, but it can be. So if you're getting a bunch of 2-3 yard runs early on, stick with it. You'll break a couple for bigger gains and eventually you'll wear down the defense to the point that you can rip off 5 yards a clip.

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

The accelerated clock can be turned off in all aspects of Madden. Just select "Accelerate Clock" to off. Simple enough. I played the game a couple of times against the CPU. It looks like they slowed down the gameplay in comparison to '09. But I like it. Even on All-Madden you actually have time to throw the ball now and the running game isn't so bad. For some reason Stuckey and Smith can't catch for shit. So, I'm going 3 and outs fairly quickly. Aside from that, I could've done away with the cut scenes to the fans. The new play selection is weird, but I'll get used to it.

I'm holding off on playing the new Madden because on '09 I finally managed to move the Jets to their own stadium in NYC. So, I'm trying to wrap up that season fast to see how the new stadium looks with the city in the background.

9. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Did EA include the Wildcat? If so, how is it?

Did anything change from the offline franchise mode from 09 to 10?

10. quadcityjetsfan76

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but the challenges have not worked out correctly. On 2 occasions this weekend I or my son challenged first down calls, and each time the play was reversed, but the ball never changed hands as it should have. Just wondering if anyone else has had that issue?

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes the wildcat is in the game. I haven't used it but I've played against the Lfins twice. They tried to run a wildcat play once in both games and failed miserably. When I saw that formation I just send both OLB's on a blitz and they took a big loss.

I will have to try it out and see what can be done w/it though.

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Xbox 360... played the Dolfags and lowered Noodle-arms arm strength to 38, Jim Leonhard speared him in the chest in the 4th qtr and the cut scene showed Noodle-arm with a baseball cap on waiving to the crowd and being carted off...:smile:

13. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Had no intentions of getting this until October or November.Thank god I did. Phenominal upgrade to 9. Love it.

14. ganggreen51

ganggreen51 New Member

the only thing that i have to complain about is i dont think i have seen one replay

15. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

to clarify my original post, the gamespeed was really my only concern in my comparison of 09 to 10. but if its faster then the demo thats excellent

16. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

gamespeed is perfect to me

17. jgangstahippie7:18

It does. I like running with the Run Heavy playbook. So it is in that playbook. While using the Jets online. Jones lined up at QB and Leon Washington lined up at WR. Leon did a WR sweep and ran it up the middle for 11 yards.
    So far I am 1-4 online. At least my lone victory came against the Patriots! :)

18. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Best football game ever made.

19. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Wow, it feels like two years of improvements after 06-09 on 360.
    Improvements all round, but after one game I'm not sure how to make easy substitutions. I used to just sub during the playcall... usually just TJ for leon or receivers and stuff, nothing complicated. Do I have to go through the menus now?

20. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I finally got to play the game yesterday. Lost the first game to the Cheaters 0:3, not even 250 yards of total offens by both teams combined. I won the 2nd Game at Lambeu 14:7, not even 150 yards of total offense by both teams, my scores were 2 pick 6 by Lito. Still waiting for my first offense score, but my D is completely dominant. I played on All-Pro, 7min qtr. with 15sec runoff.

two strange first games, couldn?t run the Ball at all, and just about every pass that was complete was a dumpoff. Do I just suck on Offense or do I have to play around with the sliders? And Screens don?t work at all, I have to get rid of the ball before the RB is where he?s supposed to be, and the OL always ignores the CB sitting in the Flat.