Madden 2010 First Impressions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by joykilla, Aug 12, 2009.

1. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

No you don't.

2. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

i dont like how basically everything is controlled by the highlight stick, and i dont like how the game speed seems so much slower, i guess i have to get used to it again

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

just saw the redeeem code on the back of the manual. Was about to kick some EA ass...

4. devilonthetownhallroof

I'd be pissed if I bought the game used though. Pretty lame if you ask me.

5. rillo

rillo New Member

I agree, I'm gonna play it a few more times maybe it take some time to get use to.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

finally got my first game in. it was a beautiful 24-17 comeback win against the bills. i had a rough time with sanchez throwing 3 picks, but i also made a really nice td pass to cotch on a go route. the running game seemed to be effective for me tj and leon both scored a td. leon won the game with a 48 yard td run with about 1:30 left on the clock. i actually jumped out of my chair once i broke the run. this is the first time in about 5 years i got that immersed in a game of madden. i cannot wait to start up my franchise and i hope that 360 online franchise league gets going soon.

7. ........

........ Trolls

Pass defense is brutal. I've had a fairly easy time against the run, but I'm getting torn up through the air. Of course, then I had a 98 yard pick 6 with Bart Scott of all people.

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

My Major issues:

You can't do individual pllayer audibles on D as extensively as in, say, Madden 2004. In other words, if I am playing the Bengals and call cover 4 but also want someone manned up on Chad Ochocinco, like say Rhodes in man with everyone else in cover 3, you can't do it. I think they need to bring that back. You can "spotlight" a player, but that's not the same.

The stupid, horrible, retarded accelerated clock in ranked online games. You call a play then all of a sudden 10-15 secs tick off in the blink of an eye before you get to the LOS? What the fuck is that shit? Weak.

Other than that, just frustration from a loss I had last night playing as the Vikes online against the Eagles. ABout 4 times I hit McNabb so the ball fluttered up into the air right to a blitzing LB or d-lineman and they couldn't hold the ball, yet twice when I was in cover 3, McNabb chucks one over the middle while under pressure right to TE Celek (not a superstar by any means)....and one of those times it was a long TD. But I guess that's vids for you...

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

trhe accelerated clock everyone is talking about is from the NCAA game. except in NCAA at the choose play menu its called Chew Clock. and you can turn it on or off.

obviously the concept of it is in like a real game if your running a ball control offense or are trying to kill the clock and secure your lead.

i havent looked if you can turn it off in madden yet though.

ive played a few games and have yet to throw 1 pick yet.(sanchez is servicable only really effective in short to mid passing) although i did lob a perfect pass to Cotch on a go route and he jumped up and fought for it. Jets run the ball real well if you mix up TJ and Leon.

the game finally runs at 60 FPS. this is coming from a PS3 user of course.

i love the game, theyre getting closer and closer to being as real as possible. i love how the QB play is as real as it gets. no more QB's throwing perfect passes as they get hit.

cant tell you how many times Sanchez throws while getting hit and it lobs. but conversely, with our defense ive rocked so many qbs i believe ive gotten like 4 or 5 picks off that scenario within two games.

AI got beefed up, no more calling the same plays over and over, UNLESS your very effective as a RB and the O line keeps getting a good push then its 3 or 4 yards all day.

the throwing is finally touch sensitive in my opinion. as far as ball placement and how much the qb puts on the throw.

all in all, i think one of the better maddens. EASY. also the collision detection and the pro trak system literally make it so the play isnt over till the whistle blows

THE NEW FIGHTING FOR THE FUMBLE OPTION IN THE PILE IS AN AMAZING ADITION SOMETHING THAT HAPPENS IN ALMOST EVERY GAME THATS NEVER BEEN ADDED.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Just purchased the game....and my timing was perfect. The store i bought the game from was having a sale on where if you brought in two games to trade in (I traded in Raw vs Smackdown 2008 & NHL 09)....you received Madden 10 for 30 bucks.

Regular price is 70 bucks.

Oh happy day! :)

11. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there's a way to make substitutions based on formations? I always used to put Leon at RB in shotgun and Gholston as an edge rusher in nickle defenses but haven't found that option yet.

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

add me as a friend on PSN your dirtysanchez16 right?

im bazurk

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

highlight the formation you want. I play PS3 so its R1 button. then you highlight the player you want to sub out. hit X. then it will allow you to scroll through a list of players to replace them.

glad you asked that cuz i just found this in the last game i just finished. and i was doing the same. subbing out Thomas for Gholston in edge rush play calls. he got me an important sack lol.

anyways thats how you do that.

OTHER POSTERS YOU CAN TURN THE ACCELERATED CLOCK OFF IN GAME SETTINGS. YOU CAN ALSO CHANGE THE GAME SPEED. I SOME OF YOU COMPLAINED ABOUT IT.

14. devilonthetownhallroof

I didn't have this problem in the demo, but I can't run or stop the run. I don't know what the problem is. Still a winning record online at 3-2 but it's getting ridiculous.

15. devilonthetownhallroof

I just hit the first major issue. I'm playing superstar mode, and I was actually drafted by the Jets. Anyway, I'm playing the Patriots and am up 17-10, they have no timeouts left and I kneel down with like 30 seconds left making it 4th down. I am no longer in the game, so I hit the sim button and for some reason instead of letting the clock run down the AI punts, the Patriots score on their one play after the punt to tie it, get the ball in OT and win. I'm furious.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That's been an issue since 09, in 10 u can make the clock speed up, no?

17. WMJetfan

WMJetfan New Member

Can anyone comment on the single player franchise mode? I mentioned this in another thread, and was really hoping player progression on madden 10 was fixed. That was my biggest gripe with 09, and is my biggest worry for buying madden 10. Thx.

18. ukilledkenny

1.you can use defensive playmaker to man a guy up on a specific reciever. you scroll to the player you want playing man then hit the a button then the button of the receiver you want to be man covered and then the left or right stick to the left. it seems complicated but once you get used to it you can do it pretty quick.

2. i haven't played online yet, but if it is 5 minute quarters and accelerated clock is on that is pretty gay.

3. that seems like a problem that sliders should be able to fix.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I agree that the accelerated clock with only 5 min quarters is crazy. Granted I still scored 27 points, but its pretty freakin lame.

For the Online franchise, I will have accelerated clocks, but with more time on the clock, say 10-12 minutes each QTR. That way we can accumulate realistic stats and play a non rushed game..If you guys havent seen the posts in the PS3 Online Franchise thread, the league will be created on Wednesday. That is the day the roster update comes out and Michael Vick will be in the game.

Whoever said Stuckey sucks was right. Clowney is pretty beast though.

20. ukilledkenny

i have still only played the one game but stuckey seemed fine for me. he only made two catches, but i only threw to him those two times. i guess that isn't a big sample, but hopefully he has some nice games early in the season so he can get a ratings boost in a future roster update.