Madden 13...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This FTW but to people who have never adjusted them ONLY adjust 1 or 2 points either direction it will be a vast difference from 50-51 per say. I usually add 1-2+ Roughing the passer, Minus 1-2 on Offensive holding things like that will make the game much more enjoyable. And make sure that the play speed is on Normal. once you have adjusted all penalitys and A.I it will be a much improved game in your eyes

2. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Wrong you clearly have not played the demo yet.

The ones that use to piss me off the worst. Were the ones were they are sprinting left and make the one handed jumping catch to the right.

They have brought back read and react defense this will cure the troy picks by non troy like players.

Once people figured out you could actualy trigger this animation people would
    use it all game. Glad its gone

The two games play nothing alike. The advancements towards making m13
    back into a sim football game have taken huge leaps this year.

Player ghosting is gone and read and react defense is back.

For those saying its basically the same game you either don't play madden very much or you didnt really play the demo.

The game has been gutted and rebuilt on a game engine that can handle
    1029302374973240823 x's more calculations then the old engine.

The main improvement of the game is the lack of pre determined animations.

Before when a guy went up for an interception "it was an animation" basicly like watching a movie, you had no control.

Now when he goes up for the pick you as a reciever can jump with him and make a choice of either wrpping him up and ripping him down before he can lock it in. Or jump up and swat it. or other options.

For those of us who play and love madden this game has been improved for the first time in years BY A LARGE AMOUNT.!

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I will have to give it another play through I guess

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

If they fixed the broken player import from NCAA instead of scrapping it altogether id be at a gamestop for the midnight release.

Im an offline dynasty guy. Dunno if im gonna pay money to listen to digital Trey wingo make up stories about fake players.

Which pissses me off cause the new physics engines in NCAA and madden have made them legit games thiss time around.

After buying both games every yr for over a decade I might not be buying this time around.

If they wanna be innovative they'd fix the prospect import system. Not just be lazy and brag about how they finally made a realistic game.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Hmm I'm reading about this connected careers mode and seems really interesting. You can start as a current player, rookie, old legend as a rookie, or create a player. Or you can start as a coach basically typical franchise mode or choose to coach only. If you want your coach to retire, you can "retire" and become a player in year 5 of the franchise. Then if you don't want a QB in year 9 you can switch to a TE. You tired of being a TE you can switch in year 15 to a coach again.

I don't understand it fully ,but seems really interesting. Also like the idea of using XP to upgrade a player. Much better than players randomly progressing.

6. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

The infinity engine (think that's what it's called) looks kind of sketchy. The super LB problem seems to be fixed. sometimes CBs will have their WR blanketed and let the ball fly past their face. The WRs seem to drop way too many passes. If you run into a pile of players, you sometimes just fall backwards as if you ran into a wall (actually kind of funny). If they get these things fixed, the game looks to be much improved from Madden 12.

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

This is what i noticed a lot of

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Infinity isn't going to be great this year. It does some nice things but you still a lot of he same madden, especially on kickoffs. I like what it can it do for the series moving into the future.

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yeah on kickoffs you can still trick the cpu by running towards the defenders and getting them to leave their lanes and then break toward the sidelines

10. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

For anyone that plays online, Demario Davis is going to be a super pass rusher. He is 87 speed, 85 strength.

11. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Where did you get those ratings from? Are they online somewhere?

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Getting more excited for this. Play some of the game with someone who downloaded the game with the early pass thing, seems fun. The career thing seems really interesting. Very immersive and the in game twitter feed is awesome.

13. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I have both Xbox, and ps3. I normally use the Xbox just for fun games with Kinect, and the ps3 for games to use with a controller. I'm torn what system I should get the game for. The Madden kinect voice commands looks cools, but I'm so use to playing Madden with PlayStation. Decisions, Decisions! :eek:hmy:

14. Christian

Christian Active Member

Either way it will be 60$ wasted.

15. MParty7441

Pastapadre.com

16. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Been playing the early release since friday. I commish 2 sim leagues and have been labbing the game with a few other commish's.

Some flaws in the game.

Kick returns
    The old in out trick is back and kick off returns are over powered. Way to easy to break a return.

Nano blitz

For the most part (90%) gone. When you manualy move a player then swap off him
    he goes back to his position.

Over top cov
    This was crazy at first. CB's would give up on the coverge as soon as you got 1 yard behind them . No over the top safety help if they are in zone coverages.

(fix found)
    Oddly enough after about 2 hours of labbing and settings playing. Turns out for
    some reason if you turn off auto sprint and auto strafe this problem was solved.
    No clue why or how since this should tech not effect AI but it did correct the problem.

I personally have been talking with a few game changers who have confirmed the early
    release was in fact what was being played at E3 and was told it had flaws and is not
    a 100% representative of the final product. They were aware of the cov probs and said its fixed in final release.

(other notes)

Fantasy draft will not be back this year and neither will offline multiplayer Connected career (franchise offline).

In draft there is no timer in the player select screen so you can see how much time you have left to pick. (been told this will be patched hopefully in the sept 11th release)

There is no bidding free agency to start the game off. (been told no way to patch this but it will be in next years game)

Oline blocking

Blocking has improved dramatically guys dont work as a group they actually go after their blocks and if already taken care of guys move to the next level and grab the next block. AI independent moves are 100% better then last year.

Down side
    This sadly is the same old story. Stats dont seem to matter much and any avg lineman will work. AKA hunter wont be a huge issue in madden lol

So much to say about this game ill get back later with more info.

Overall this is no where near "same ole madden" deff with the price tag

17. MParty7441

Thanks for the rundown. Looking forward to getting it tomorrow and playing.

18. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

This is a flaw?!?! To the contrary, this is one of the best things to ever happen to Madden.

19. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Wait so let me get this straight, there's no traditional franchise mode? This is a huge flaw.

Or is that what coach mode is?

#39 JohnnyThaJet, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  20. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I went to buy the game, and some people were returning it. It never occurred to me that there wouldn't be a franchise mode. How odd. I still bought it, but I'm not happy about there not being a franchise mode. Honestly would have stood with madden 12 if they updated the roster. So I spent 60 bucks for a roster update. Is adding a Franchise Mode something they could do via an update? If so, so many people seem to be mad about it, maybe it will be something they do.

#40 NYGalPal, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012