Madden 10 Online Cheese Dcks and How to Beat Them

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 18, 2009.

1. jetsflyinginjersey

I only play online, and I would say I only lost legitimately once. I'm 11-6, LVL 4. I was 4-0, then lost 3 in a row, then won 7 in a row, now just lost 3, and currently won one. Guess I lose in threes. In today's losses, the first guy used the Bears, and he ran it back with Hester twice. I held him in check and he couldn't do nothing against my defense. I lost, but if you took away Hester's runs, I win 10-6. Is it me, or is it very easy to run it back in the game?

He wasn't a cheeser, but he thought he was hot shit when I gave him the facts. The second guy, OH MY! Used Cowboys, and did wildcat over and over. He would run straight into his center, and then go out, which left my defensive AI all stupid. GT: SJSAM21. I lost by 3, because on my quick slant routes, Sanchez decided to lob the ball to open receivers which left to picks.

Last guy of my three losses, used the Vikings. He would just throw AP in slants to the sidelines, or just bomb it to Harvin. He didn't cheese, but got lucky. First TD, tip ball in end zone caught. Second TD, LW fumbled on a kick return. Third TD, he rolled out with Favre, and Jenkins was on his tail. So I hit B to switch to Kris, but it went to Leonhard, and he dived, leaving Harvin standing there by himself. I was heated after that game. Take those away, and I win 27-14.

Just played a Eagles/Vick cheeser. Vick is nasty throwing on the run. Did deep routes, and just waited for DJ to come back or roll out and throw to Westbrook. Down 14-0 at half. LW ran back the opening kick off, and then had a half of 5 interceptions. Revis with 2. Won 31-14. Quit.

I really like this game, but when you get up in your level, get ready to face your cheesers. They ruin the game, just like I stopped playing NBA 2K9 online. I have to only pass because they are nano-blitzing or I'm down because they wildcatted or one played to a lead. It ruins the run and balance of a real football game. But I only give up 11.8 points a game, but I just can't stop those cheeser plays.

GT: JT MON3YBAGS. I only use our Jets.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Lost to another faggot who used 2 fucking plays the entire game. This shit is so fucking annoying. Weak as hell...

3. Tight

Tight Active Member

The jets suck in this game .. the defense is lights out, revis doesnt play that dumb shit... scott is a killer

cotch is slow, stuckey cant catch brad smith cant hold on to the ball.. clowney has alligator arms..

i just run with that team and throw to keller

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm getting really frustrated with all these cheese dicks that have 1 offensive play that they run over and over. It's becoming the norm when I run an online game now.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

so far i have not run into someone i couldn't figure out how to stop. i have found that using the 1-5-5 and either blitzing or playing a simple cover 3 zone takes away alot of the stupid crap. if someone starts to pound me up the middle i switch to the 3-4 and pretty much do the same thing.

i have found most people who run a few plays don't even make reads, they have just practiced the play against the cpu so much that they just throw the ball to whoever they think will be open preplay. the zone with no blitzing really messes with their heads, unless they are using a running qb. last game i used the ravens and picked off brett favre 5 times. it was sweet to win after going down 17-7. once i figured out how to stop his stupid offense i won 35-17.

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Played a three play loser the other night. He used the Cowboys, did a quick three step drop, scrambled right and came forward a few steps with Romo and threw it on the run each time. He would either throw to Witten in the flat or cross body to Barber in the other flat. That was it. An occasional different play but that was bout it. He wouldn't have great success with it as I held him to 13 points, but it was hard to stop at times, even in a Cover 3, Cover 2, ect. Tried blitzing but again it was quick drop and scramble throw on the run.
    People need to learn how to play real football. I play everyone straight up, no bullshit. You beat me, you beat me.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

And damn Syracuse, you love throwing to Welker on those crossing routes. My pass D is total shit.

8. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Having him in the slot is better then having Moss at all. I don't think I completed one pass to Moss the whole game.

9. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Is there some sort of glitch where you can quit and make it so the other guy doesn't get a win? This has happened to me a few times, including just now. I kicked a FG as time expired to win 24-21 and as the celebration screen comes up I get the quit message. I pick continue against the CPU and the screen basically freezes and I don't get a win. He also ran exclusively the wildcat with Minnesota with an occasional slant thrown in.

The guy's Live tag is creampies4ALL, no one play this faggot.

10. 624

624 Banned

Just lost 33-35 to some fucker who used the same play all game since the end of the 1st quarter, it was a 4 WR set with Clinton Portis out of the backfield where he would either pass it to Randle El, Devin Thomas, or Portis EVERY FUCKING TIME. I could stop 2 of them every play but not all 3...the cheesedicks name was jprzybyl31

11. WhiteShoeWillis

I just got my 100th win against a wildcat, clock milking cheese dick. It felt good to get a milestone victory over such a queer.

12. 624

624 Banned

I bet you got wins 1-40,42-80, and 84-98 against similar cheese dicks

13. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

The constant wildcat shit is lame, but there's nothing wrong with controlling the clock.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

He was milking the playclock inside 5 seconds from the first quarter. I held the ball for just over 4 minutes the entire game.

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

What D are you using against the wildcat, I can't stop it.

I finally ran into a player who uses the old, scramble around and wing it to a player trick. And somehow it works for him, I thought accuracy was supposed to go down when you did that?

16. WhiteShoeWillis

It depends on how they run it. Some are better than others and it's pretty hard to contain.

Most people run to the strong side of the WC formation every time. I start attacking it with the 4-6 OLB's blitz, shift the linebackers to the strong side and slant the d-line to the strong side. That tends to shut most people down.

Some people mix it up and run right up the gut as well. Against a player who mixes that in I again go 4-6, blitz both the OLB and ILB on the strong side, pinch my d-line in and shift the linebackers to the strong side.

Some people are really good at getting outside all the blockers to the sideline with the WC even when I'm attacking the strong side. For them I've found the 3-3-5 blitzing the strong side works well.

You have to mix it up against players who have really adapted to using it. Most people the first suggestion works though.

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i like to use a few different things that work against most people. the 1-5-5 all out blitz is usually effective against most people for me. i also use the nickel odd split and do the all out blitz when the guy is doing more than just running to the outside because it is a more balanced blitz and helps contain a lot more.

if those two things dont work i go the normal 3-4 and i run the wide blitz play. this works wonders if they try to run to revis' side because the corner is coming from way outside and the linebacker is coming off the edge so people who insist on trying to break every wildcat play for a td usually bounce it outside and run right into revis who is a great tackler.

if none of that works i just doing random stuff and hope something ends up working. i have only had one or two games where i could never stop the wildcat, but a lot of that has to do with your cpu teammates getting off a block or two.

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the ideas, I will try them.

19. 624

624 Banned

I sometimes do the Goal-Line formation corner blitz and spread the D-Line, and manually control the safety..it usually works.

20. Tolan

Tolan New Member

To stop the wild cat:

46 BEAR D- you dont have to blitz just spread the DL and LBs, most ppl are gonna run to the outside for the home run threat, so press coverage and you should be fine. I usually combo it with Cover 2, so if they try a short pass outta the formation, you have a good chance to pick it off, ALWAYS press coverage.The only exception to the rule is if they use the wildcat with the QB.