Madden 10 - Franchise league (PS3)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scikotic, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

guarantee that most people wont be willing to do it the first week. Lets wait to hear from them though.

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm pulling out of this. I'm doing some reading on it and it's not as good as I thought.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ok. have fun...

4. MParty7441

Lets play sometime though. You have my username.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

what is so bad about it that you read....

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Last year, I got my ass handed to me by wildthing2022000 because i didn't get any experience playing the game. But i'm good to go either way.....i don't care if we wait or if we start right away.

if i can kick rmagadon6's ass with next to no experience.....i should be ok. :grin:

#46 MBGreen, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  7. MParty7441

Computer has no logic in trades. So that means no computer/human trades. Also there is no salary cap or contracts to FA players.

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I think it's that he wants to start it the Monday after the game comes out. I personally don't care. I won't be great at it, but I guess most of us won't anyway. The problem isn't so much that people won't be playing the game often, the problem is some ppl don't rush out to buy the game the day it comes out. Ppl have bills to pay and will hold off a week to get the game. We can't help that. Giving people a 2 week grace period to practice or get the game sounds like a more reasonable way to do this.

Or, they can come back to this thread and put a "*" next to their name to inform everyone they went out and got the game. Then we'll begin the League when we see fit. But that's the more reasonable approach I see to this. If MParty doesn't wanna wait so be it. It sucks, but...oh well.

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

yea thats pretty gay, but still wouldnt stop me from playing it...

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I wrecked u the first time, but we were playing outside the League. Then you had a handle on some things and you beat me fair and square. See what a couple of days can do for some gamers?

I'm more than ready now tho. I'm gonna wipe my ass with your Kellen Clemens-looking face.

11. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

If this is your only beef, then please disregard my previous post.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

au contraire, my mexican friend. I only had one win in the league...and it was against you. I was 1-2......you being the "1". :smile:

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

do you have a link to where it says that there is no CPU logic in trades and no contracts for FAs?

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

some literature on the Online Franchise...

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Ha! You can set your depth chart, push/accept trades all while you're AT work?!

I knew that there was a time in the not-so-distant future where I was never going to get any work done because of the intranets...and that time, could very well possibly come in a few weeks. Haha.

16. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

You can sim the games if people don't show up.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

link?

My source says otherwise....

18. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/06/09/online-franchise-in-madden-nfl-10-q-amp-a.aspx

Q: Why no flex-scheduling with online franchise?
    A: In Online Franchise, you always play the real world NFL schedule. It is set up in a very similar fashion to NCAA Football?s Online Dynasty feature, where you play your current week?s games, and then wait until the commissioner advances to the next week. With us wanting to make a very realistic experience and include features like multi-week injuries, there was no way to make it possible for you to play your Week 16 game before your Week 3 game. (ala sim the games if not played)

Q: What kind of options does the Commissioner have at his fingertips?
    A: The commissioner is integral to the success of your online franchise. Just like in Online Dynasties, if you have a commish that forgets to advance the week or doesn?t control his owners, the league might fail. To accomplish this, we give the commissioner several different options:
    - Boot Player ? The commish can boot any unruly owner at any time. Any CPU team can be replaced by a user team (or vice versa) at any time.
    - Promote Player ? The commish can promote any other owner in the league to commissioner in the event where the commish goes out of town or is unavailable.
    - Settings changes: Skill Level, Quarter Length, Fatigue, Injuries, and Accelerated Clock.
    - Post News ? The commish can post news to the console so all owners can see what is going on around the league.
    - Add/Drop ? As explained above, the commish can manipulate rosters to more realistically create off-season player movement.

There was also a thread on Operation Sports about the EA guys playing an online franchise and a guy missed a game and they simmed it.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Thanks for that. I liked this article, especially this part about making house rules to simulate the free Agency every year....