Madden 07 wishlists

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by jkgrandchamp, Feb 27, 2006.

1. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

1) import the next years draft class, or have it connect to online to import it.
    2) when you sack the QB & its ruled INC when it should be a fumble everytime... FIX IT

#41 dwalsh, Apr 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2005
  2. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

I had my first PR return for a TD the other day. It went for about 50 yards. Used the punt block man formation and for once there were only 3 guys coming down on me instead of 8.
    Caught it and was able to use my speed (Pac Man Jones) to get to the sideline and then took it to the house.
    I have had the CPU take a couple of KR in for TD's against me and one time Santana Moss took one but it got called back for Holding. :smile:

3. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Yea I got one only one and the blocking was perfect . well not really they need to fix this problelm .

4. McNazTee

McNazTee New Member

wow the getting hit and it's an incomplete every time... the animation just needs to be crisper... so fumbles are possible. other than that madden is sweet

5. McNazTee

McNazTee New Member

also, linemen get too good too fast... both D and O. If you fantasy draft a rookie like Mike Patterson at DT (Eagle i think right?) he can be a 90+ in a year. NO WAY MADDEN, FIX IT

6. dwalsh

yeah, i had Katnik become an 81 by the end of one season... not right

7. McNazTee

McNazTee New Member

Ya, I honestly only draft linemen real late in the draft, sure they sux, but after a year of plugging them in in blow out games... I have a line of all 5th and 6th rounders, that are 80s. WEAK MADDEN:shit:

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You should be able to edit player equipement in the franchise mode. Your guys are stuck looking the way they are in franchise mode which is absurd. Also, you should be able to choose between white and black cleats. I hate our black cleats!

Not big issues but the player appearance is fun to customize.

9. dwalsh

you can edit their equiptment

10. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

I got alot

1. Better Field Awareness - It pisses me off when I throw it to a wide receiver and they take huge strides out of bounds. Seriously, I would love to be able to throw it to the sidelines and not have to worry about them catching it halfway out of bounds. They should drag their feet or make falling out bounds catches. I hate how they do that stupid tippy tap shit because they never do it in bounds.

2. Better passing - When you throw the ball, the ball should go where the receiver is going to be, not where they are currently at. How many times has your receiver beaten his man, only having to slow down to make a catch, by then the defender is there to make the deflection. Its frustrating, especially when you see a ton of wide open field but the receiver catches it where there are a ton of guys waiting to make the tackle.

3. Better tackling - More than 2 guys should be able to make a "gang tackle" at one time. There should be shared stats, like 1/2 tackle or 1/2 sack if its multiple guys making the play. Tackling should be different based on field positioning. A defender isnt going to tackle a guy from behind, forcing him into the endzone for the td. They would make a pulling tackle from behind instead.

4. Better blocking - I love watching a DE run right by LT as my LT literally does nothing to block him.

5. Create a team uniforms - They suck. All you can do is choose from 5 designs and just change the colors of the numbers and jersey. You would never be able to make anything creative like the newer design jerseys like the Cardinals, Bengals, Falcons.

6. Way more animations - They need better animations in general. I would like to see spectacular catches. Everyweek we get to see amazing catches in the NFL, but in madden, the catching animations are really generic. There arent really any diving catches, falling catches, jumping catches, etc. I would like to see mid air duels between receivers and defenders, like when theyre both trying to make a play for the ball.

7. Impact players - I liked it in NCAA, but it was too extreme. I would like a toned down version of that. In NCAA it was ridiculous how a receiver could make a 50 yd jumpball catch with 4 defenders in his face.

8. Get rid of "magnetic" tackling and "magnetic" blocking - Its annoying when youre running by a blocker and you automatically get sucked into him for a block. Same thing with tackling. If a defenders is near you, you get sucked right into him. I dont even know why they have a back juke in the game because its not like the defender is going to run by you.

thats all i can think of right now. i know when i play madden later on I'll experience something in the game that will piss me off.

#50 PRPitbull, Apr 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2005
  11. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I think it is safe to say after combining all of our critiques, that madden has alot of room for improvement.

12. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Yea but every game has room to improve

13. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

I would love to have the option to start my franchise from the end of the 06 season. Meaning begining franchise mode with free agency march 06 and the draft april 06. That would make the game incredible!

14. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

F'n retarded simulated computer stats. Just finished a season with the most ridiculous rushing stats i've ever seen. 8 rb's has 2000yds or more. 13 rbs had over 400 carries. 1 rb had over 500 carries. The best part, Deuce Mcallister 2191 yds, 11tds, 508 carries, and doesnt make it to the pro bowl, lmao.

15. dwalsh

what is the next EA football game going to be called?

I heard it isnt going to be Madden anymore, because they partnered with ESPN or something like that

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. About the game itself:

a. Kicking improvement: I never approved Madden kicking system. In All-Madden Mode, even with Ovr 99 kicker (99 Kick Power/99 Kick accuracy) I get penalized half the time I kick off. When I have to kick a FG, I usually go for the 4th down instead. Maybe it's just me, but it seems as though my brother is suffering from the same problem - so maybe it's not just me.

b. Blocking - ST: On kickoffs or punts, it doesn't matter what coverage you call - the blockers are standing like idiots when the kicking coverage team is dashing right by them. (This has been mentioned a lot of times here.)

c. Blocking - OL: I don't know if it's just me but... on passing downs, I usually get about 1 second to make my decision and throw the pass - or... I get sacked. If my memory serves me correct, the average time a quarterback can hold on to his ball is about 1.5 to 2 seconds, (and behind some sick OL, it goes all the way up to 3.5 secs) so there is obviously some problem.

When I looked at the replay, I found out that the OL that were supposed to block the rusher is actually 1) doing absolutely nothing, watching the rusher sack me. 2) run up and block the wrong guy, leaving the other to get by and sack me. 3) Worst of all, gets clogged - only for a brief second - by my own guys (i.e. route-running RB) and just gives up on blocking the guy he is supposed to block.

In some worse cases, I've seen a blitzing OLB flash through TWO OLs, and sack me. That does not happen in the real NFL.

d. Coverage: Passing to RB is all-too-powerful. (Check out Singleback Big - HB Option.) Passing to WR is OK I guess - though it does seem too easy at times. Passing to RB? That almost always works. And they work for big chunk of yardage (at times, 60+ for TD) This needs to be fixed.

e. Penalty - holding: It's about the magnetic block someone talked about above. I usually play DT, and in some zone-blitzing plays, I have to drop back and cover - and the center just drags me into the line of scrimmage. I'm left helpless here, as no matter how I try to pull back and go back into the coverage, the center HOLDS me. This is just one example, but there are more examples where you are trying to break away from the blocker, only to get held up - and there is no penalty.

f. Penalty - pass interference: This is a glitch to a degree. It does not matter who initiates the contact - as long as the receiver is in contact before he is just about to receive, this will always be called defensive pass interference. In some ridiculous case (of course, test case) I threw to my receiver right off the snap, changed my player to the intended receiver, and jumped (S) toward the CB even before the ball got there. The result was flag, and the CB was charged with defensive interference.

2. Ok... enough about glitches and bugs - now onto the "improvement" part. Franchise mode sorely lacks the filtering option - you can filter out the players that you don't want, and just look at the players with right stats. It is more than just frustrating to browse through the multitude of players that don't even have the stat you desire. This is because when you need to replace some player at specific position, you don't want to have to look at the players that don't even fit your scheme - right? *i.e. I always prefer my RB to have high STR and high SPD - around 75+ STR and 90+ SPD - and I can't filter out those whose STR is below 70 and SPD below 90.*

#56 Zach, Apr 18, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2006