Macc... Trade or Cut Petty ASAP!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 17, 2016.

1. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

No, you said I blamed Anderson for the pick. I never did that. And I did say a deeper throw is either a catch or an incomplete. But we disagree about HOW bad a throw it was. You want to shitcan the kid. For who?

I say he is likely the best QB on the roster and the Jets need to build off of that.

Do you think the Jets will be able to bring in a better QB in free agency? You think Romo or Cutler want to come here after seeing the pounding Petty took last night?

The team has so many holes, I think its best bet is to build around Petty, see what he can become with a better OL and more first team reps. If he doesnt improve, go to Hack.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great post, my friend, but I think you're probably just wasting your time. The Petty haters' minds are hermetically sealed shut. They think they know it all, and they're not even willing to consider the fact that they could be wrong, and probably will never admit they were, if/when they are proven wrong. I've seen tons of the small minded cretins on Jets fan sites over the years.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You think Atlanta ever had any regrets after Farve developed someplace else? Until Matt Ryan came along, they absolutely sucked at Qb.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

After watching last night's travesty it makes it clear that two things have to happen immediately to even make the Jets watchable (in addition to firing Bowles right now):

1. Fix the OL.
    2. Fix the secondary.

These two things have to be the priority in the upcoming draft/FA. I was of the opinion that if a guy like Fournette was available to them they should take him as it would help in multiple ways. But at this point, he would be a luxury they can't afford. Unless they could get Garrett - about as likely as snow falling in hell - they should trade down and get more picks to fix the OL and secondary. Assuming that Petty recovers from his hit, he should be okay as the QB for the time being, and Powell can certainly be the feature back for now, but if they don't improve the OL and secondary, they might as well fold up the whole operation.

5. Cman68

This being said, why do I get the feeling Macc will draft DLine again... :(

6. NCJetsfan

I'd love to see them trade down to just ahead of where Ramczyk is likely to go, hopefully picking up at least a 2nd and 4th round pick in the process, if not a 2nd and 3rd. With their 7-8 draft picks, I think they should take at least 2 OTs (with one of them being Ramczyk), maybe an OG, a TE, and OLB, and 2-3 DBs (3 if they don't take an OG, with one being a FS and the other two CBs).

7. NCJetsfan

Sorry you are so down on Mac, my friend. I have more faith and confidence in him than that.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I see people saying this guy anf that guy brcame great after he started bad, but jow many who started bad finished bad? How many Russells, Smiths, and others in better positions from better schools with bettet talent failed? Look im not trying to tell you all to hate Petty, but we need to be realistic. The same zeal was given to Fitzpatrick and now we all cant wait for him to be gone. He couldnt even out play Petty last night. Trust your eyes

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. Cman68

I would have too if Macc didn't complicate our dline with an unneeded pick in Williams. True, Cat is a great player but we really didn't need him as our dline was already set and we were a 3/4 team at the time. He has this infatuation with BPA no matter what and in our situation, that's not good. We don't have that luxury anymore. We have immediate needs and Macc needs to get them addressed.

#109 Cman68, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    LarryAlRalph likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Although there isn't any OL that are rated in the Top 10 - except maybe Cam Robinson who many feel is overrated - there are a number who would be worth a low 20 or 2nd Round pick so the Jets should be able to snag at least 2 good ones. And frankly, almost anyone who plays secondary would be an improvement over what they currently have. I might consider taking a RB to pair with Powell in case he can't do what he's done over a season, but really, until they can fix the OL and secondary this team is hopeless.

11. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Playing the odds, you would bet Petty would be unsuccessful as an NFL QB. It would be realistic to assume so. But who is the QB that will be brought in that will play better? My eyes show me Petty shows the most promise of any Jet QB on the roster and better than guys in the twilight of their careers like Cutler and Romo. Draft Deshawn Watson? Maybe, but there are so many holes on this team he will be setup for failure like Petty and Hack would be.

I have documented why I think Petty has a chance to be a good starter in this league. You think he's a JAG. You may be right, but I think he is a guy that shows heart and balls and deserves the same chance to develop that Geno Smith got.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Well we find something to agree on. I do think he should be play the rest of the session. No doubt about that honestly. Look i really do want him to be a decent starter, not evern good just decent. Id take that. If we cant find a better replacement, let him play next season.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Says the guy that admitted to only watching a couple games a year... "Knowledgeable" is a stretch for you, dawg.

14. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

We obviously need a sarcasm font. I'll leave that up to your devises, @Cman60.

:D

Cman68 likes this.
  15. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Petty is at best a decent backup QB in this league. The kid is not the answer and I would not be upset to see him and Hackenberg gone.

16. Cman68

With this oline and CS, Tom Brady would have been nothingt more than a decent backup too. Being a 6th round pick though, Bowles wouldn't have ever found out one way or the other as Drew Bledsoe gave them the best chance to win.

17. Cman68

You might wanna talk to the boss about that.. :D

18. LarryAlRalph

I was just over at ESPN looking at the Rappoport tweet about Petty's C-scan. I also went down through the comments for a bit. And for all our negativity, this place is the deans' committee at Stanford next to those mokes. :eek::D

19. Cman68

This site does have the rep for being more sophisticated and "genteel" than most jet boards. :)

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  20. LarryAlRalph

You're describing Fitzpatrick. Petty, on the other hand, has a decent upside.

ColoradoContrails likes this.