Luke Kuechly retires

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by CotcheryFan, Jan 14, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

He was greatness one of the best MLB's I've ever seen - Not quite Ray Lewis but he's up there with my all time favorites within my generation. Sad to know both Luke and Patrick Willis retired early.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Of course. My point of bringing up Borland, though, is that he could have waited another year to get a huge upgrade in salary and then quit. He didn't. He didn't wait. He got out because he was that scared.

Two other guys that come to mind are Husain Abdullah, who already had a serious concussion history when he cut bait, and John Urschel, a mathematical genius who said you know what? Math is my passion in life, fck this, I'm out. Or Leland Melvin, who became an astronaut. That brings me back full circle to life after football. So many guys don't have a plan. The NFL is it. And if they blow it off the field or suffer a career ending injury, their life is over. That's where bankruptcy, indigence, prison, drugs, bad investments, etc. come in after their career hydroplanes into the woods. That's with or without having a brain box full of goop.