LT rips the Jets...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Jan 18, 2012.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

I really dont think it is all Holmes at this point. I think he is a MAJOR problem and has to go, but all of this doesnt stem from one person. Im sure there are a few players on defense who are questioning not only Mark, but the whole offense and possibly the organization. This starts from Woody Johnson and Tanny’s way about business. We brought in the wrong types of people. This is not a team, its as simple as that. Then things fell on Rex, and his loyalty to about anyone and his inability to participate in the offense.

When this team was good (09-10), boy was life good for fans, players, coaches, the media and the whole organization. But the minute expectations arent achieved, fucking disaster strikes.

Fucking Panthers fans have more hope than us at this point.

Holmes needs to be traded. I dont care if its for shit, he has to go. A message must be sent to this team that the organization actually cares about the team and characters they put together. Blame has to be taken, Tanny has to own up to his mistakes...

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I hear what you are saying, but I think that's more on Rex. Stop being everybody's friend, start being a coach that instills some discipline. Try to imagine Parcells "pampering" a QB? IF Sanchez can't take it, then it's on him. Right now I think it's on Rex for pampering/allowing him to be pampered.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wow... this is terrible news for the Jets, what's worse is they may be stuck with both Sanchez and Holmes and just gives creedence to the thought that the Jets should have kept Edwards. I know what my stance was all the way back to the 2010 season but we are in some deep shit now. It's pretty clear that Holmes needs to go, the question is do the Jets bite the bullet and eat the cap hit?

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

From the article:
    Tomlinson said Jets players tried to keep the dissension under wraps but losing brought out the worst in the team. "It got out of hand toward the end of the season," Tomlinson said, according to a transcript provided by Showtime. "That is why it got out in the media. This is something that happened (in the) third or fourth week of the season, that was going on, and nobody knew about it because the players kept it under wraps. Until we went on that losing streak and guys started to speak up and speak out about certain things."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets..._euq1STcpvZ6wOaGuHMemFP?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

Again, I think this is more damning of Rex. This went on from week 3 or 4 and Rex either didn't know about it, or didn't/couldn't do anything to fix it. Not good.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Just ignore Don, he earned his award and I agree with you. We need to get another QB in here and I'm not talking some young guy to hold a clip board. Maybe Jason Campbell who can manage a game but won't ever be a superstar. I think if he doesn't get hurt the Raiders win that division. It just took Palmer too long to get into a groove. Maybe they take a look at Henne who is obviously familiar with Sporano and his system. I just don't think it would be very good for us if Sanchez loses a QB competition to this guy.

I'd be against drafting a QB high because you never know what your gonna get and we have some other serious needs. It's either FA or trade and trading isn't gonna give us what we want.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Except he says he isn't lazy and can rebound from this year so LT disagrees with you.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I agree 100%. He should have been fired on the spot when he admitted that. I dont know what bothers me more...the fact that he had no idea what was going on in his own lockeroom or the fact that he is actually stupid enough to admit it. The guy is a complete ass clown. He has done nothing but embarrass this team and now the entire team is one big zoo.

8. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Only silver lining I could possibly see in all of this, and yeah its probably stupid, but you know how many of us compare Sanchez to Eli before he won a SB and was considered a good QB by his fans? Well This is definitely following the trend. Eli was thrown under the bus as well by a player formerly on the team, his name was Tiki Barber. A big time RB just like LT who said Eli was pampered and held zero chemistry with the team.

Stupid I know , but definitely follows the trend in an eerie way.

9. benhamean

benhamean Member

No one will take him with his bigass contract and shit attitude. Its keep him or cut him (with a large cap hit).

Quality planning.

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Also when he said that phrase "We don't want me leading the offense"... yes you fat turd, we want YOU to (also) lead the offense because that's what you're fucking paid for!

He is ridiculous... I hope he learns. If he learns he can be one hell of a HC... otherwise he'll never be a HC again imo.

11. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

East coast, west coast beef...They had a name for the problem and they didn't try to correct it. Nice veteran leadership there.

12. ezio713

ezio713 New Member

This whole situation is a joke. I can't believe this is happening to this team. There are dark times ahead of us if this keeps up. Someone needs to lay the hammer down and send a message to these players.

13. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I didn't feel particularly embarrassed when we were beating Indy, San Diego and New England in their own stadiums in the playoffs.

14. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

The 1980s Miami Hurricanes with Jimmy Johnson were more brash cocky and shit talking than any team Ive ever seen. But they still kicked the shit out of teams. Why? BC they had the best players and coaches.

Can we stop saying "Rex's talking ruined our season!"....A porous OL, a college level OC, and a bad QB ruined our season. Not infighting, not superbowl guarantees, not Tanny and Rex being brash.

15. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The problem is the more you pay a backup QB the less you have players who actually go on the field. But yeah I agree getting Jason Campbell would be ideal.
    I see why having Henne here would make sense but I would prefer someone with more experience and possibly more leadership too, something Henne lacked in Miami.

I hope thy bring Pennington in some sort of coaching position... assistant QB coach, passing game coach, Jedi mentor... whatever!

Shaun Hill and David Garrard are my top choices.

#35 Mambo9, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  16. benhamean

benhamean Member

No, these things will ruin NEXT season unless dealt with.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Can someone record this show time segment and YouTube it. I don't have show time.

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

we need an official "He Said" thread.

19. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

First off i'd like to at least commend LT for putting his name on it rather than the other coward players who talked shit and labeled themselves "anonymous". It's pretty clear that everything points to Santonio as being a huge liability to locker room chemistry. We need to find a way to get rid of Holmes. He's a great receiver, but not worth it at this point. We also need a backup qb who will give sanchez serious competition. I still like Sanchez and want him to do well. Rex and Tanny have to really get a hold of this situation before everything really falls apart. We need more leadership in the locker room ASAP.

20. akibud

akibud Active Member

YAAAAYYYY!!! jonnyd gets it!! Rex Ryan is a dolt! a very good DC but a really defective HC. Why did the Ravens not hire him if he's so awesome? Maybe they knew he can't manage a team effectively!! ....With class!