LT: Chargers passed on run

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I said this before the Jets signed LT and severed ties with TJ. If the Jets are swapping has-beens (obviously LT is a HOF RB) at the time it was just easier to keep TJ and skip the drama. However, the Jets did what they did. LT did not run behind a line like he is going to with the Jets.

The Chargers are a pass first team because of Philip Rivers. If you have a QB like that you pass first, plain and simple. He has finally come into his own plus he is throwing to the most giantific WR's (inside joke) in the land. Secondarily, LT is not the HOF LT anymore. that said....

I highly doubt LT was delaying meeting with his position coach for more than 1/2 a season and causing tension with the other coaches/coordinators because of his reduced role or he perceived it so. Certainly, LT didn't stop watching film and participating with his teammates because he had Capt's duties taken away.

Yes it was kind of douchy to whine about it in public, no disputing that. However, whining when you are not on a team any longer vs causing tension when you are is not quite the same.

Anyway, LT and TJ is about an even swap at this point in their careers, although LT is a better blocker (not by much) and pass catcher. It remains to be seen if Sanchez can take advantage of the latter. They are both good examples of a notable hard workers and they also seem to be well liked by their teammates. I just hope the Jets guessed right and got the lest well done one.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

When Jimmy Johnson stopped telling him what to do. Also, Aikman to Irvin.

3. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Come talk to me when LT does a celebration dance 2 feet away from a live ball.

4. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

This and other issues will all be answered in less then 6 months. The only way we are going to know for sure just where LT stands, as far as production, is for him to get live action behind the offensive line.

LT just needs to button it and put in his time and let his legs do the talking. Listen, S.Greene is going to get the bulk of the carries and if he remains healthy thru out the whole season, Greene should become a force that defenses will have to plan for.

One thing for sure, if LT returns to form with the carries he will get, there will be a shit storm in SD and more calls for Norv's head .........

5. Prea

Prea New Member

Where are you getting your numbers from? We were ranked #31

LT was the leading rusher in the NFL in 2007 under Norv

Also, notice the only other RB's who gained less than 1000 yards under norv were Ricky Ervins, Terry Allen, and Amos Zereoue (on crappy teams). And Norv was the OC in 2001 when LT ran for 1200 yards.

#25 Prea, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

The difference between LT's comments and Kerrys comments is everyone on the chargers would agree with LT. Im sure Norv and Rivers would say yea hes right we focus on our passing game. When Kerry said shit like the new players from the Ravens are the only ones who Rex sets up to make plays is just retarded.

7. Phyr

Phyr Member

AJ Smith is a douchebag of a GM. He doesn't know how to manage people. You can't say the same thing about the Jets organization.

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

We'll miss you Kerry. Duuuuuust in the Wind. :sad:

[​IMG]

#28 bojanglesman, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

wow i forgot about that play. he is lucky he isn't eating out of a feeding tube after that.

10. calistyle

calistyle New Member

It's not the same. Kerry was bitching about losing his responsiblities to Leonhard, when Leonhard had a year on him in the system. If I had a new boss who brought in some of his people and a new way of doing things, I would defer to my new co-workers until I had a firm grasp of things. It's common sense.

11. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I Just know he'll be great at his role in our offense. We are set up for anyone to succeed

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's diff when he's on our team.

Fukn hypocrites

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Great, now I need to drink another 5th of Seagrams to get this image out of my head again.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

LT did this crap in SD too.

He seems soft spoken but he does give bulletin board material from time to time

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

They were still a run first team well after he left and Zampeze took over. LT is just making excuses for not getting the job done. The Chargers didn't even look to upgrade their passing attack until after he had two mediocre season.

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

What makes that look worse is that it's "tap dancing Larry Maroney" who bowls him over!

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Exactly and its not like Rex was partial to the Ravens players. Our best D player was Revis. Our leading tackler was Harris. Our sacks leader was Pace and if Jenkins wasnt injured he would have been a huge part too.

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Wow. A much bigger guy with a head of steam bowled him over? Shocking. At least he made the fucking tackle. Rhodes deserves a lot of shit based on his play the last couple of years (the homo tackle in the Buffalo/Toronto game last season was particularly egregious) but not for that.

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

See, that's the thing, I'm not trying to defend Rhodes. While I didn't see his parting comments as particularly bad (nor LT's now) they were both just inappropriate. I learned a long time ago you just never burn bridges. But whatever. I don't have an investment in either's future beyond LT's value to the Jets for the next two years.

I agree that Tomlinson has much firmer ground to stand on. All I was saying is that LT did the same thing Rhodes did on his way out, and the guy who left the Jets is a scumbag, while the guy coming in is a hero. It's just amusing to me how people justify their hypocrisy.

Are you ever going to be a useful poster?

Oh, and it's spelled "Ding" smart guy.

Watch it. You might get lumped in with me as a "Rhodes supporter" and you definitely don't want that reputation.

20. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

take the stick out yer culo huero...and relax it's just a message board.