Love for cro

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Good point.

2. twown

twown Well-Known Member

My non-contact ACL injury was EXACTLY as painful as Cro's appeared to be. It was the worst pain imaginable.

An hour later, I actually thought I could play again. I ran a pattern and realized I had a problem.

But I still walked home across the Williamsburg Bridge.

3. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

You can't just make general statements like that, everybody is different. And there can be a lot more damage than just an ACL tear. Plus, he tore his ACL before and if you look at the video I posted earlier his knee gets hyperextended as well, it's not like he just made a step forward and the thing snapped. So there's a lot more to it. The way his leg was dangling there on a thread, the fact he tore his ACL before, I'm 90% sure he's done for the year. I hope not, but anything else at this point is just more trying to ignore the obvious or just hoping for the best.

4. bennylava126

bennylava126 Active Member

Cro was terrible going into yesterday's game. Did you see that td pass he gave up? Absolutely terrible.

5. RichardCaster

RichardCaster Active Member

Was he expecting help over the top from Jarrett the safety???

6. DaBallhawk

Didn't look like it. He didn't play press coverage, as soon as the ball was snapped he tried to defend the deep ball, and for whatever reason he lost track of Bejamin at some point. Maybe he bit on a move, I don't know. They don't have the Coaches Film up until like a couple days later, that's where you can figure out what exactly happened.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

So Glass Joe, some guy, and Glass Joe 2 will come back in a couple weeks.

We were lucky Maudlin was only a concussion, we may luck out with Cro as well.

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Cro, got burned bad yesterday. Hope he is doing better today, but he is a liability out there.

jonnyd likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don't want anyone to get hurt ever, but Marcus Williams has been playing better than Cro since August. I don't think the drop off is going to be as bad as some people think... if there even is one. I love Cro from 5 years ago, I was never a fan of Cro in 2015. Luckily his contract is very team friendly.

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

The injury looked really bad. Hopefully it looked worse than it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. DaBallhawk

It's probably even worse than it looked.

12. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Feel bad for Cro, he was really excited about being back.

James Hasty and RochesterJet like this.
  13. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

sucks for Cro., but from a Jet fan prospective, at least it wasn't Revis, or Mangold. If it is season ending, it can be absorbed.

His replacement look O.K.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I've been a big Cro fan since even before he came here, and all the Idzik loving FO homers who said they were happy to see him go sure were right when Idzik went out and did such a great job replacing him last year, yeah right.

But beyond his play he always seemed thoughtful in his interviews, and I gather the younger players saw him as a vet team leader.

I certainly hope it is not a season ender, and if it is that he comes back and comes back strong.

15. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

After looking at the replay about a 100 times it looks like he dislocated his knee and ankle. Needles to say that left leg looks all tore up.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I know you won't read this because you take the Internet so seriously that you block people that make you look bad, but you love tossing around the word homer… Yet here you are being a complete Cromartie homer. You're ignoring how bad he was before he left here and you're ignoring how bad he's looked all camp, preseason and yesterday before he got injured.

I do agree with you I'm liking Cromartie the person. He's a good guy to have around to teach the younger guys and a good influence on them off the field as well it seems. Unfortunately there's a whole lot more to his contract than just that. Also like I said in my previous post, Marcus Williams has been better than him since August. Luckily for us, we are completely off the hook when it comes to Cromartie at the end of this season.

I'm a big fan of the person… I'm not so much a fan of the player. At least in 2015.

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Concur 100%.

Cro looked like a guy that the younger guys were looking up to and he really seemed to be embracing his second stint here.

I like the guy and I really hope he can get back on the field this year.

_

James Hasty likes this.
  18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Didn't look good when it happened. From my seats, I saw him go down and feared for an Acl. A bit upsetting, but he'll be back.

19. Jett

Jett Member

Injuries are part of the game, feel bad for the person, not the player if that makes sense. Fact is that Williams is the better option. This injury was addition by subtraction. Cromartie is terrible

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Per Schefter AND the Jets official Twitter, Cromartie sprained his knee. No ACL tear. I'm absolutely stunned.