Louisville vs. Rutgers

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Big Poppa Naich, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'll never forget watching New Jersey born and bred Jim Dowd score the game winner in game 2. He lived down the street from my cousin in Brick so we called his house and left a message on his answering machine. I still can't believe a pro athlete would have his number listed.

I also went to a few games when they played the Ducks in the finals, talk about tense games, JS Gugeure was unbeievable that series.

2. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I don't have words to describe tonight yet, so I'm just going to post pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

wow mantana, must have been amazing! Congratz on the win man

4. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Well, I watched the game from the Olive Garden. The whole place was packed all night, and everyone was so into the game it was unreal. Me, my wife, and my buddies from work all went, and holy crap what a good time. That was one of the most fun nights of my life right there. I just got in the door now to my apt in north brunswick. After the game, we partied at the branch for a while, and then went walking around the streets of new brunswick. it was like freakin mardi gras out there. Thousands of ppl everywhere, streets closed down, someone lit a chair on fire..... lmao.

This is simply the most fun atmosphere I've ever been in. I will never forget this nite. As a RU alumni, I am so proud of this team, and all of the fans. I think we have a system in place that will keep the RU football program competative for a long time.

And all the haters, can you please now just admit it that RU is a legit team this year?

What a game. What an incredible night.

R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Big Poppa Naich

Branch, Quens, the Rail, etc all had huge lines to get in too once the game started.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Dam the Rail when I'd visit all my buddies at RU we'd hit that place find some nice jersey trash skank grab something a the Grease trucks and head back to their apartments for some fun after 2 AM. I can't imagine what the scene was like tonight...... absolute pandemonium I bet

7. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

There's nothing cooler, imo, than the fans storming the field after the game.

I've never really followed college football too closely before this year. But I'm really pulling for Rutgers now.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Congrats Rutgers fans! You proved you are a legit ranked team last night. The bad news now is Schiano is going to be the next HC at Miami.

9. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

rumors state he wants no part of miami...penn st. on the other hand...

10. Big Poppa Naich

I think RU will throw enough money at him to keep him.

11. nyjunc

I hope he stays at Rutgers but Rutgers is a stepping stone job and his stock will never be higher than this year. I expect him to leave but I hope he doesn't. Even though RU isn't a NY team it's fun having major college football in the NY area.

12. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He isn't going to leave for that mess in Miami, maybe in a few years but not at this time especially when Rutgers had so much faith in him when he was struggling early.

13. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

the tri state area has never had a good college team and now Rutgers is becoming that team

14. nyjunc

That mess can be turned around almost instantly and it is a premiere program in the Country which he has ties to.

15. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It is a program that needs a lot of cleaning up which includes an horrible reputation that has stuck with that program, and I disagree with you on RU being a stepping stone, if he stay he could get Joe Pa status in Rutgers, he is doing things that no one has ever done in Rutgers, it is in a major conference that is gaining respect each year, and is the only big program in this area, he could basically be a god on that campus, and the fact that this has been his dream job coming from Jersey I disagree that he would move at all.

16. nyjunc

Miami had a worse reputation when Butch davis took over and he cleaned it up and turned them into a power aagin quicky. Same thing would happen w/ Schiano.

I think Rutgers could and should always be a good mid of the road program w/ all the access tot alent and the good facilities they have but it will never be a PSU or Miami.

The BE is very overrated, it's alot better than I thought but the bottom line is the top 3 are GOOD teams not great. WVU will beat RU and then all 3 will have beaten 1 of the big 3 at home and lost to the other on the road and none of the teams will have a good win outside of against the other 2. if there was any depth in the BE they'd each have about 2 losses.

he could be a God at the RU campus if he stays at Rutgers- he can be a CFB God if he wins at PSU or Miami.

similar jobs were done at Northwestern by gary Barnett and at kansas State by Bill Snyder and neither is a household name- the same thing will happen w/ Schiano if he stays.

17. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

With the time and effort Schiano has put into the RU program I can not forsee him picking up and going someplace else. In addition to building a winner on the field he has put ALOT into creating a PROGRAM at RU that will continue and only make RU bigger on a national level. Remember he was instrumental in signing a 5 year (maybe longer) committment with Notre Dame to play each year.

He is also a NJ boy, who has recently purchased property on or around the RU campus to build his family's dream home - as he put it.

Schiano is on his way to being the King of NJ, in much the same manner as Rich Rodriquez is the King of WV. He will be the Top Dog wherever he goes in the State. If the program continunes winning and going to bowl games he will get standing ovations when he....walks into say a McDonald's. He could very well be on his way to be the 2nd biggest thing in NJ... only being bested by Springsteen.

Plain and Simple, even though $ talks, Schian's going to "Thug U" will not give him the power, control or respect that he can get from staying at RU and making it HIS program.

18. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

19. nyjunc

It happens all the time, guys build lesser programs up then get offered big tim jobs and leave. Rutgers is a great story but they aren't going to be a top 20 team every year while at Miami he can have a top 10 team every year competing for titles.

He can give you the dream house story and all that but so Fla is beautiful too and they can build a dream house there.

He can be huge in NJ built if he wins at UM he can be huge Nationally.

When you have the opportunity you have to leave. Barnett could have been coach at ND but stayed at NW then his career tanked, Ralph Friedgen at Maryland could have had any big job he anted but he stayed at MD and has been declinging ever since. Mack Brown built a top 5 program at UNC but it's harder to sustain success at UNC than it is at texas and he left. You have to leave when his stock is as high as it is now b/c he may never get he chance again.

By the way, I love your username.

20. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I disagree, Coker won a title and will basically be kicked out by years end, and it is funny that you suggest Miami and the ACC and claim that the BE is overrated, and Schiano if he wins in Miami would just be consider just another Miami coach because that place is already established, Schiano would pretty much be swallowed by Joe Pa's shadow if he ever goes to PSU, the ACC is has been badly overrated this year, secondly Barnett did choose to leave what he had in Northwestern which was a 2 time Big Ten Champion to go to Colorado where scandal destroyed his legacy, Snyder is in Manhattan, Kansas which is in the middle of nowhere, Rutgers is pretty much New York's team, that is a whole different ballgame in which if he can finish this year off and go to a BCS game, Rutgers can become a big name if for nothing else the New York media behind it