Louisville vs. Rutgers

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Big Poppa Naich, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

let me tell you all storming the field or court is a amazing feeling

as a sju student

i got to storm the court at MSG twice... i remember us beating pittsburgh at the garden

Oh and i also was chosen to shoot 2 layups, 2 freethrows, and a three within 30 seconds against the syracuse game at the GARDEN!!!, and i made the 3 at the buzzer

this was the game in early january i think, where stjohns played syracuse in that snow storm. Its a wonderful feeling either way

GO BIG EASTTTTTT, go sju lol!

2. Khan

Khan Active Member

The state university of NJ is a shit school? The school of Tony Soprano, that Mario chef guy, lol...I remember one of the top NBC guys spoke at my older brother's graduation, it's definitely not a shit school.

The great Ray Lucas went there.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, but, it's not a shit school.

If Rutgers wins their next two games, I'll have a problem with the December 2 game. I'll pull for the Mountaineers- after all they are my favorite college football team and I was a former WVU student. However, I would really like to see Rutgers go undefeated and play in the BCS National Title Game.
    They are a BCS school and if they go undefeated they deserve to play in that game. F Auburn, F Florida, F the loser of the OSU-Michigan game. Those teams knew the ramifications of losing a game. Tough luck for them.
    Funny thing was I was technically a Rutgers student at one time. I was registered for classes two different semesters, but dropped out when I couldn't get the classes I really wanted at the time. I then went to a third Big East school whereupon I graduated.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I stormed the court after WVU beat Connecticut 98-84 in a 1998 basketball game. UConn was ranked 6th at the time. Students threw an inflatable woman at Dick Vitale!

5. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Ok it's not a shit school, it is a University...I'm talking athletics wise...

PISCATAWAY

RUTGERS

SCARLETT KNIGHTS

My eyes are just rolling around, this is a freakin shock...Who can't laugh at that!?

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Rutgers is the furthest thing from a shit school, it might be the only state school in the country that passing high school in that state doesn't automatically get you into Rutgers. I grew up going to Rutgers games when Doug Graber was the coach and Virginia Tech was their achilles heal. All I have to say is The U or whatever you Miami fans call it sucked at on etime too. In fact a guy named Howard Schnellenberger brought that program to prominence granted he was sitting on a gold mine but so is Schiano and Even if Rutgers were to lose 2 of hte next 3 this has truly been an amazing season for a school that was an afterthought before the season started. I didn't go to Rutgers but I am from New Jersey and I am a fan so for once The R is on top and so is the state of New Jersey.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

dude its amazing feeling

plus the syracuse game i made the shot at msg wasnt in january but on february 12th

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Good for Rutgers, I'm all in favor of local teams and BCS bedlam.

If they run the table then I'd be in favor of them playing in the national title game (though they'd probably get screwed by starting too low in the polls, like Auburn and USC in years past.) Only time will tell though--I mean, keep in mind that until a few hours ago Louisville was a national title contender on the strength of one big win. It's clear how quickly things can turn in the NCAA.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

dude, watch this program continue to do well, while miami is gonna die in ruins

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Also, Sonny Werblin, Jim Valvano, David Stern, Louis Freeh, and Paul Robeson.

11. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They are also a team that is 3 games away from going into a BCS bowl where pretty much they are the only "Big" football team in the NY/NJ metropolitian area, that is a big potential talent pool right there, this could be the beginning of something big, and this is coming from someone who the first thing he learned about college football was that Rutgers sucks

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

You are right. And i'm not trying to rain on your parade...But it pains me that Rutgers is like this and Miami is bad when just for years Miami would destroy Rutgers as is they're a Division 2 football team...

Now Rutgers is supreme to Miami....WOW.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That is a possibility.

About Miami sucking at one time, look at these records:
    1968: 5-5
    1969: 4-6
    1970: 3-8
    1971: 4-7
    1972: 5-6
    1973: 5-6
    1974: 6-5
    1975: 2-8
    1976: 3-8
    1977: 3-8

On the pro level, the Steelers were, for the most part, pathetic for four decades. Then 1972 happened and they've been a model franchise ever since.

14. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Im just busting your balls man

#154 vinsjets, Nov 10, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  15. bhav2k1

bhav2k1 Member

16. Barry the Baptist

Think about how many people have gone to Rutgers and have never seen anything like they did tonight. This is historic as any sporting event that has ever happened in New Jersey. The question is where does this rank in NJ sports history?

I would say from recent memory

#5 Seton Hall makes national title game in basketball
    #4 NJ Nets reach back to back NBA finals
    #3 Princeton defeats defending national champion UCLA in NCAA tourney
    #2 Rutgers defeats #3 Louisville to remain undefeted
    #1 NJ Devils win 1st of 3 Stanley Cups

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That's about right. I'd put all the Devils' three Cups there, though. Especially if you're going to include the Nets back to back Finals appearances.

Great win for Rutgers. They stepped up in the biggest spot of their lives, not many people gave them a chance to win this game and they did. I'm still truly amazed, I never thought I would see this.

18. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

That was the greatest game I've seen and/or attended.

19. Barry the Baptist

I put the 1st as #1 up there because I didn't want to clog 3 of the top 5 with the Devils winning the cup. In which case they would be #1 , 2 and 3 with this being #4. I'll never forget the 1st because I was at game 4. The Princeton win was huge as well, it can't be overshadowed but they also made a final 4 when Bill Bradley was there. Rutgers also made a final 4 but CBB was so different back then.

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I was too. It was a Saturday, I drove up from Maryland. Greatest moment of my life as a sports fan, and that dates back to the 70s.