Lots of new dirt on Manish - harassing JD's kid etc...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Manish should go for a job with TMZ

#101 Poeman, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    AJW and Mogriffjr like this.
  2. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

One things that always stood out to me was that on occasion, you'd see on Twitter a group shot of the Jets beat writers at a restaurant or something during a road trip and the one person you would never, ever see in there was Manish. That told me all I needed to know about how he was viewed by his peers. The incidents in the Washington Post story more than justified why.

IDFjet likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think there was a lot of hate in the media for Mehta based on his continual use of unnamed sources.

It's a very competitive job in the tristate area and Mehta constantly scooping others with unnamed sources would have been bad enough but the fact that he was wrong half the time must have really stirred up the hornet's nest. Nobody likes losing to a cheater.

4. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

valid point. Always, at least at first, seemed strange to me that was the case. He spoke well, and broke a bunch of news (even this year) so I became a fan of his. And rightly so right? He breaks news which is one of, if not the main thing for him. But it always did seem strange that from time to time they’d take shots at him and nobody else+the pics. Seems to be much more than professional jealousy.

I’ll take him at his word for his baseball game explanation, as it just seems to be just too weird and I’m sure he’d be facing criminal charges if it was malicious. Where he lost me is the “fired for cause” thing and the Joe Vitt’s kid thing. Either fresh off signing, or 1 year into his contract, they’re gonna fire him for talking to a beat writer they don’t like? Yeah idk.

Wish ole Manish the best in his future endeavors. And if I were him, I’d definitely sue if I could. Independent of wether it effects his future nfl emoooyment options,

5. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Manish won't sue bc they have the goods on him, the text about JD's kid, the burner account on Gase, the threats to Folks wife, etc, etc, etc. Everyone sues in today's society, and he claims he lost his job bc the Jets did this to him and he won't sue and has no income.

Give me a break. He's pathetic

FJF likes this.
  6. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

This is another Manish burner account, right? Right?

FJF and REVISion like this.
  7. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Shitty Cimini is officially the worst Jets beat hack now that Manish is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#107 regan62072, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

My God, what an utterly moronic tweet. How can he not be embarrassed to post such complete nonsense?

regan62072 likes this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes, this is rather idiotic to put it mildly. I mean if Bell was producing huge, showcased his value like he wanted to, majorly contributing to Chiefs, and making SB in the process, getting this redemption he was looking for, I could see some sort of silver lining. But the guy actually plays LESS, just sitting there as the team carries him to SB. Just a completely misleading and poor taste comment.

regan62072 likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Cimini tweet is fact

Royal Tee, Ralebird and REVISion like this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes it is fact, but taken out of context for what's called an intellectually dishonest spin. He could have also said something like "LeVeon Bell won to get to SB, while Derrick Henry has failed to win a play-off game" That's a fact too. Or "Adams could not do at home, what his former team Jets did on the road, by losing to Rams." It's an idiotic spin that has no intellectual meaning. I mean how is it relevant at all that the Jets are paying for him, when the guy just sits on the bench and his team goes to SB? Spin, and stupid one at that.

I mean if we released him thinking he is not good, KC picked him, and he rushed for 200 yards and scored a game winning TD against the Jets to make to SB, that's a pretty cool story. But the fact he was picked up after waivers to be 3d string QB on a SB team, while the Jets still technically owe him money is a meaningless barb.

regan62072 and Savatage like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

He was hurt sunday, not benched. Whether he is hurt or benched, or ripping the league up, the Jets are still paying his salary and its not a small amount

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think you are missing my point. And that point is: so?

14. BrowningNagle

So the Jets really botched that signing

REVISion likes this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes it was a bad signing, but do you really think the fact Bell sat on the bench while his team made SB emphasizes this in any way? It's just a dig at Jets, which literally makes no sense at all.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's a fact worded as a dig. But who is he digging at? The GM and HC that were involved are both gone. So he's basically trying to dig at the fans, and that makes him a bitch.

17. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Imo the Jets deserve to be dragged if they do dumb things. I don't fault Cimini for simply pointing them out. It's his job after all.

Ralebird likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

Joe Douglas cut him making him available for the Chiefs to sign for nothing. But yeah, I see your point

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It's fine to point things out, when they make sense - if you are a good writer that is. Jets actually did a good thing and gave the guy a chance, accommodated his request and waived him. And while he is on Chiefs, he didn't really contribute much. I simply fail to see the point at all in connecting us owing him money and him being on (and contributing very little) to a SB team.

regan62072 likes this.
  20. regan62072

regan62072 Well-Known Member

He thinks he’s funny; that’s his problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MoWilkBeast likes this.