Losses ruin my football life

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Gator, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

One play here or there, and I can't watch the Sunday Night game, I don't look at standings, I don't look at stats, comments on boards like this.....nothing. It takes me until the afternoon of the next day to get back into it because I guess subconciously I know I want to watch the Monday Nighter so I force myself to get back into it.

Meanwhile, when they win I watch everything straight through to the postgame of the Sunday Nighter...then I watch the same highlights I've seen 10 times already.

Damn you Jets for ruining what was a nice weekend!

2. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

It's pretty much the same for me, except that for some reason, and I wish it wasn't this way, I can't stop myself from reading the message boards...

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

same here. If they win,i'm a football fan all night. if they lose i don't want anything to do with it til monday night. I do go on TGG though. And sometimes lose my temper. But yesterday i walked right out of the house and went somewhere without posting. It's part of the 12 step program

4. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I'm the same way and losses do the same thing to me. I can only really enjoy the NFL when the Jets are winning.

5. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Losses ruin my liver.

6. Laveranues

Laveranues Member

hahahaha thats sooooo true ... its sad

7. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

yeah I do the same. I usually watch the game over a couple of times then watch highlights for a while. It sucks because you feel depressed until they have another game, which is in 7 days....

8. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I can totally relate to this. When the Jets win I watch every postgame show I can and then the Sunday Night game. If we lose, I don't want to hear anything about football outside of this message board. This place helps me vent with a bunch of people who are just as depressed as I am.

Usually the hangover lasts barely 24 hours and I'm ready to watch MNF. This year's New England game was different though. That loss was disturbing. Took me almost a week to get over that.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yes I can agree to this too.

Furthermore for me is my fantasy team, which at times doesn't allow me to enjoy a good game when my players are doing shit.

Like starting Cotchery yesterday, and getting 1 catch for zero yards.

10. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

lol i agree too, because of the jets yesterday, I didnt watch one sunday night snap, but when the jets win, im more into football

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I follow the NFL the same way whether the Jets win or lose. I had absolutely no problem watching the Seahawks-Buccaneers game last night.