Loss total this season- under 5!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

What you are saying is we have a very good chance of going undefeated!!!

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

So what happens if the 2020 season is first delayed, then cancelled altogether? And college ball will be forced to follow (parents won't want their kids in a crowded locker room, and colleges won't want to get sued by the families of kids who contract, then die from the virus).

The 2020 draft will already have happened, but none of the players chosen will have set foot on an NFL field, not even for TC.

Now fast forward to the 2021 NFL draft in April of 2021. How can we hold a draft when no college players have played since the 2020 draft?

MAYBE they'll hold a 3-5 round 2021 draft and teams can pick from the left-overs from 2020? What else will they have to go on? Canadian league players?

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

10 losses.

4. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but if the season is cancelled that would be ridiculous. Do you know what that would mean for the economy if we didn't have this figured out by July? Over a disease that is only deadly to people with one foot already in the grave? Sorry to be harsh but its true.

jonnyd likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You realize that if we open things up and the virus gets out of control that the economy is toast anyway? This isn't 1918 where people had limited exposure to the media and would show up to work with people dropping dead everywhere. If there are millions of deaths, people may go to work to survive, but they won't consume anything but basic necessities. Which means odds are they'll get laid off anyway.

There is a plan to open things up by summertime, but it's contingent on locking things down so that by the time tests are mass produced, the number of cases is low enough to make the tests useful.

4jetfans and PJ4Ever like this.
  6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I guess you owe me an apology for your smug, ignorant, short sighted reply.

your recent post says

“I’m also a season ticket holder and while I pray there are full stadiums come September, I just can’t see it and I don’t know that I’d feel great being a part of it without a vaccine or at least an antibody test telling me I’ve had the virus.“

Let’s go buddy.

I’m listening

4jetfans likes this.
  7. Longsuffering88

still sure about this?

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

what in the fuck are you talking about

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? I was making a joke in response to your OP which said there won't be a football season. You're the one who was saying that, not me.

BroadwayAaron likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

It’s always a good sign when two people reply to your posts within seconds of each other and the first thing in both is “what are you talking about”.

FJF likes this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Jets fans waiting for a 2nd Super Bowl appearance already have a torso in the grave.

12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If hockey can pull this off and still have a playoffs this season then football will have a season with or without fans. NFL brings in what 15 to 16 billion in revenues a year. The owners will try to make as much of that as possible.

CotcheryFan, HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Wrong. Only their hand is sticking up out of the dirt.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If I see another Joe Namath ad for medicare...:mad::mad::mad:

15. Longsuffering88

Sadly my prediction is looking legit.

NO FOOTBALL will be played until after the general election. Fauci, aka Dr Evil ripped it to shreds and for some bizarre reason NO ONE challenges this single person....

I’m not saying anything political beyond that

Devastated to learn our “leaders” pick politics over people. LA closed for next several months.

NY will be same without a doubt.

My god. WTF.

The 1969 Hong Kimg flu killed a million but we held Woodstock and nothing shut down.

Very sad atm

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. Longsuffering88

Care to apologize ?

Love the internet. Nothing is deleted.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I don't completely disagree with you, but you should keep it to the Politics Forum for your own good or you're gonna make Dad mad. You can get into a pissing match to your heart's desire in there. It's not worth a ban to do it here.

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's not your fault we have a C rate TV celebrity masquerading as President of the US. The consensus around the globe is he waited too long. And clearly he did when he had all of the information and didn't act until it was way too late. His inaction is the primary reason we will be dealing with this shit right into 2021 until we have a vaccine. Hell a few weeks ago he was telling the American public that Clorox and Lysol taken intravenously could be the cure. The fucking President of the US. #Disgrace

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Disagree. I definitely think we will have a season. Probably no fans or a very limited amount allowed at the games. The season might not start until mid Oct but we will have one. The NFL makes most of its money thru TV anyway. The ratings are already sky high and will be higher if fans can't attend in person. Watch baseball in the these upcoming months. Last I saw they are hoping to have spring training in June with the season starting July with no fans. If baseball plays then you know football will.

20. BroadwayAaron

It’s May. Do you truly have nothing else going on to the point where you have to keep coming to a thread that no one but you found useful to try and “win” an “argument“ that won’t be determined for another half a year?

Jesus Christ